New Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Re: New Forza

Post by wilbur »

Today's ride. Officially, 42 degrees when I left, 45 when I got home. By the lake? Probably in the 30's. 59 miles... Not bad for getting used to a new bike and not having done much riding in two years. Fuel mileage working it's way up into the 60's... not terrible. Bike felt great, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Windshield isn't bad at all, although I may still cut it down a bit. Sliders adventure pants are really nice, but I have to play a little more with the positioning of the knee armor. A good mornings ride.
DSC_4150.jpg
DSC_4150.jpg (93.13 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Other pics from today's ride...

That building in the far distance is near home

Along the ride. A dozen No Tresspassing signs and a trail camera to catch those who do.

And this little guy strutting around a field
Image, Image
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Beautiful photos taken on a chilly sun-filled day 8)
Your Bike's looking real good and you're doing fine. Life's tuff but Somebodies gotta do it! :lol:
Ah, Glory Days
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

So I'm calling stage one complete. It was the windshield and top case. Now we can start on stage two :D

It rode like a champ yesterday even in the wind. A little bit of getting pushed around, but I think most of that is just not being as familiar with the bike yet as I was with the Vespa. That will come. The windshield seemed better to me than it did when I first put it on, so I'll wait awhile before I decide if I cut it down. There was a little buffeting around the sides, but hey, it's not a goldwing is it? Much more riding to do on it before we know how good it can be, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I think I'll ride to work today :D
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Not nearly as much riding time yet as I would like... Is there ever? But initially, I would still like to see a flat floorboard for a bit more comfort, but I'm starting to get used to it. But the biggie so far is that the bars are in the absolutely perfect postion for me. Even better than the Vespa. I don't tend to shrug up the shoulders at all which was something I had to constantly think about previously. Much more comfortable in that regard.
Image, Image
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

wilbur wrote:Not nearly as much riding time yet as I would like... Is there ever? But initially, I would still like to see a flat floorboard for a bit more comfort, but I'm starting to get used to it. But the biggie so far is that the bars are in the absolutely perfect postion for me. Even better than the Vespa. I don't tend to shrug up the shoulders at all which was something I had to constantly think about previously. Much more comfortable in that regard.
The fact that I saw that the bars could be repositioned helped me overcome the ergonomic issues I had with the scoot before deciding to buy it. Got out the allen wrench as soon as I got home with my new scoot. (the dealer acted like they did not want to void a warranty by moving the bars)
Like National car rental - they gave me no instruction on the scooter. He rode it into the parking lot - told me it was a "sweet ride" and went back inside. I couldn't get it started - had to go back in and find him. Turns out you have to squeeze the brake lever very firmly, and only the left, which was much different than my KYMCO scooter. Not a good start - as my family watched from our car.
Fish
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Wow. My dealer went over it in minute detail on delivery. Even though I didn't need so much detail, it was really quite nice.
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Yesterday's little ride. Only 40 miles, but I'm still getting back into it.
Attachments
DSCN2721-2.jpg
DSCN2721-2.jpg (363.54 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

And today a little 32 miler down the lake and back. Strong, gusty crosswinds today gave me some trouble. Not as bad as I remember on the Vespa, but that sits so much higher, but still not great. Just a little added exercise... yeah, that's it! ;)
Attachments
DSCN2729.jpg
DSCN2729.jpg (289.56 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Here's an interesting observation... While much has been said about the lack of quality in the Forza's rear shocks, and truth be told, they're not very good, nothing has really been said about the front shocks. And I'm finding them not very good. True, the wheels are still, while larger than the wheels on my old LX50, quite small, and therefore don't ride over bumps very well, it seems as though the front shocks are filled with cement. The shock of even relatively small bumps is quite strong, and so far, I feel causes more discomfort than the rear shocks. Anyone else have any input on this yet?
Image, Image
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Nice top case selection. It looks real sharp on the Forza. ;)

Yes - between the larger wheel/tire diameter, longer suspension, and better shocks, the difference in suspension between my Forza and V-Strom is striking when running over holes at 55-60 mph. The Forza can be a bit jarring to say the least. I pretty well ignore them on the V-Strom like a car.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Almost like it was designed just for the Forza
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Took a nice little ride yesterday, okay it was really just my commute, but I found myself an hour early so I rode around for awhile just looking at things I never see when I drive. I learned that using the kickstand to get off of the scoot, then using the centerstand might just be the way to go. Nearly dropped it at the gas station when it started leaning away from me as I got off of it. A pleasant surprise in gas mileage though, edging up into the 68 mpg range (last tank was at 68.3... Total at 66). Seems not bad to me. It's fun too, to be sitting at a light, and watching traffic pulling up change lanes to the other lane so they don't get stuck behind a scooter. And then nailing the throttle and watching them all recede in your mirrors :D :lol:
Image, Image
mtheall
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by mtheall »

wilbur wrote:It's fun too, to be sitting at a light, and watching traffic pulling up change lanes to the other lane so they don't get stuck behind a scooter. And then nailing the throttle and watching them all recede in your mirrors :D :lol:
I agree! One time I pulled up next to a sports car (so we were both first at the light) and everyone else lined up behind him. When the light went green, he peeled out, but then his engine stalled. I never saw him catch up in my mirrors!
Cozmicdave
Year: 2014

Post by Cozmicdave »

wilbur wrote:Now if this would just hurry up and get here!
Please tell me where to order this, so badass!
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Went for a little 54 mile ride today... Took a few pics and won something rather BIG!!! :P :P Have to go out for dinner now, it's a friends birthday. More on this later :P
Image, Image
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

I am in Darlington, wi for a long mothers day weekend. Rode scooters yersterday and utv today. I've been enjoying the Spotted Cow and cheese curds.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

So a quick little ride to the dealer to adjust the shocks... Stiffened them up a notch - much better. Makes the front work a little better yet didn't really change the rear at all. And then a bit longer of a ride just to ride. As stated above, 54 miles, beautiful cool (but windy) day. Starting to get a handle on this Forza creature.

and a great place to shop :D :D :D

Oh, and did I mention that I won a 2011 PCX 125 at the dealer too? Because I did. A nice upgrade from the wife's Buddy 50/70 :)
Image, Image
Cozmicdave
Year: 2014

Post by Cozmicdave »

Congrats on the scooter win! Please tell me where I can find this turbo/gun/missile thing, I NEED it and have done multiple searches and come up with nothing :(
Attachments
11002582_631011663698021_6794795279200337121_n.jpg
11002582_631011663698021_6794795279200337121_n.jpg (25.51 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Cozmicdave wrote:Congrats on the scooter win! Please tell me where I can find this turbo/gun/missile thing, I NEED it and have done multiple searches and come up with nothing :(
As far as I know, it doesn't actually exist. Or it might, as a one off. Don't we all seriously want one of these?
Image, Image