New Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New Forza

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:No idea I don't do torque wrenches.
Cheers. But that doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't absolutely realise their worth.
Who won the US masters?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Post by wilbur »

Well the Vespa is gone. I miss it already. It's truly hard not to miss something with that much personality. But we move on. Got to do a little riding today... Not as much as I wanted to do, but it was enough. This thing is smooth! And in places where the Vespa would be squirrelly, such as metal grate bridges, the Forza is supremely stable. I need to come to terms quickly though with the lack of free-play in the throttle or there will be a problem. You think about turning it, and you're already moving. But so far, so good. Now if they could just take the cold, rain, and snow out of the forcast...
Attachments
DSCN2638.jpg
DSCN2638.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1893 times
Image, Image
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

wilbur wrote: I need to come to terms quickly though with the lack of free-play in the throttle or there will be a problem. You think about turning it, and you're already moving. But so far, so good. Now if they could just take the cold, rain, and snow out of the forcast...
The Forza does have real good throttle response at "around town" speeds. If you're not expecting it, it can catch you by surprise, which can be bad.
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

An interesting side note: I realize I've really only had one day of riding on it, not counting bringing it home from the dealer. But while I have the capability of going reasonably fast, I haven't. I've been in no hurry to really crank it up. In part, I need to get used to riding a BIG scooter, but in part, it's so comfortable tooling along at the speed limit, knowing that it has power if I need it, that I feel no need to speed up. I may be in the minority here, but I like it.
Image, Image
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:cry: Vespa. Yes we move forward but lovely memories will remain. It's all inside.
I'm with you Wilbur, even though I have a PCX I'm in no hurry to speed things up. I think you get to a certain age and I look back at my "speeding" days (oh the stories I could tell and the things I got away with)....anyway, I'm smelling the flowers now....not exhaust :lol: cause we be tooling round ;)

I like your gear! My friend just bought the very same helmet a few days ago. I'm a bit confused as to how that inner nose breather/guard works. He has that piece sitting "on" the bridge of his nose. I see it "under" your nose. Where should it be resting? On or under one's nose? And.....what does it actually do or maybe :roll: it doesn't do? I think I got one with my Shoei, I'll be damned if I know where I put it. Chin guards yes, I use on my Nolan N104 lid. I like it, but in summer it gets a bit warm. Keeps bugs out, YES!

Okay Wilbur, take it away. I talk too much

P.S. Easy on the throttle :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Normally, it sits up over my nose. It's supposed to guide your breath down and away from the shield I think. I was tilting my head back so I could see the camera with my reading glasses (which I don't wear while riding).
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Hmm... Maybe I won't ride today.
Attachments
DSC_4127-2.jpg
DSC_4127-2.jpg (89.63 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Givi windshield finally came in. Pictures of the install once I get time to do it, and figure out how to do it without breaking anything ;)
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Now if this would just hurry up and get here!
Attachments
11002582_631011663698021_6794795279200337121_n.jpg
11002582_631011663698021_6794795279200337121_n.jpg (60.25 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
Image, Image
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

wilbur wrote:Givi windshield finally came in. Pictures of the install once I get time to do it, and figure out how to do it without breaking anything ;)

Re. the windscreen install....
Maybe give this post a read.....
Fish
https://myforza300.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... forza-300/
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

I started with that one, however I ended up using a different post in which the guy worked from the top down instead of the bottom up. It worked very quickly and easily.
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

WOW! I ordered a top case and rack yesterday (4/21), and just got a Fedex notice that I have a delivery due tomorrow (4/23). It's the only thing I've ordered in over a week so that must be it. Now that's fast service!
Image, Image
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

wilbur wrote:I started with that one, however I ended up using a different post in which the guy worked from the top down instead of the bottom up. It worked very quickly and easily.
Could I trouble you for that "top down" post? If I ever cave and want a windscreen I'd like tosee the easiest pprocedure.
Thanks, Fish
Btw...which Vespa was that? A 50?
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

It was MaddieDog's post here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19

It's for the PCX, but it worked for me on the Forza. Remember, there is one more screw under the panel below the headlights. And as I was working last night in the garage, I warmed the panels with a couple of quartz worklights and a hair dryer before I pulled them off.

Yes, it was an LX50. Slow, but eminently loveable!
Image, Image
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

The only challenge to the Forza windshield change that everyone leaves off of their steps is the bottom bolt where the black plastic protrudes up through a hole in the red panel above it. You can break that tab off on the red panel easily if you don't separate those two before removing the red panel.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Rode to the bank with the new windshield. Undecided. It's both too tall, and not tall enough. The top is right on level with my eyes. Otherwise it works beautifully. I could take it back and get the Honda one which is less than an inch shorter, or the airflow version which is adjustable but fugly, or cut this one down a couple inches. Just don't know.
And:
New top case came today. Is it what I had hoped for? That's a medium camera bag and my tripod in there with all kinds of room to spare!!! Real pics to come soon, I promise.
Attachments
DSCN2688.jpg
DSCN2688.jpg (84.03 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
Image, Image
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I want that bike that has the missiles and turbo boost!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

My 20yr old son put a fairly small Givi screen on his new CB500X (which had a shorty stock screen)...."just to give it a try - probably will take it off often."
After 4 weeks he says he loves it and will not be riding without it. He said it makes all the difference in the world when exceeding 45MPH. He is also getting in 'deep like' with his X version of the CB range. A rare thing for one his age. Upright, not cool, but very comfortable riding position, and a very controllable riding position! (ask the insurance salesmen)
Get comfortable, or keep at it, is my theory...
Fish
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

I am going to miss the upright touring position. It's one thing the Forza just doesn't do.
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Today's ride. Officially, 42 degrees when I left, 45 when I got home. By the lake? Probably in the 30's. 59 miles... Not bad for getting used to a new bike and not having done much riding in two years. Fuel mileage working it's way up into the 60's... not terrible. Bike felt great, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Windshield isn't bad at all, although I may still cut it down a bit. Sliders adventure pants are really nice, but I have to play a little more with the positioning of the knee armor. A good mornings ride.
Attachments
DSC_4150.jpg
DSC_4150.jpg (93.13 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
DSC_4136.jpg
DSC_4136.jpg (92.38 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
DSC_4131.jpg
DSC_4131.jpg (93.57 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Image, Image