New Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

New Forza

Post by wilbur »

The Forza came home today! It is so nice to have some power. Can't wait to put some miles on!
Attachments
Meet the family
Meet the family
DSCN2605-2.jpg (272.46 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New Forza

Post by wilbur »

The only issue is that my flip-up helmet does not fit under the seat :(
Image, Image
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Did you put the helmet in both locations according to the manual? I have a modular as well and some of them are pretty large. I just hit 2011 miles on my Forza I picked up in December 2014. Congratulations! They are smooth, reliable, and stable riding bikes. I wish my new Suzuki V-Strom had any of that on-board storage without the side cases.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

wilbur wrote:The Forza came home today! It is so nice to have some power. Can't wait to put some miles on!
Re. Helmets:
Yes it will if positioned correctly....2 of them will, actually.
Signed Fish wearing a XXXXL modular HJC helmet (not a missprint - 4X's!)
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

My Size M modular helmet fits in either the front or back but won't fit in either location if positioned incorrectly.
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

I'll have to keep trying then
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

I will say it was wonderful riding home from the dealer. Only issues were the rear shocks feel like cement... Got to figure out the adjustment thing... I weigh 180lbs, hints on a starting point? And my jeans kept riding up in a bad place :).
Image, Image
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Riding up in a bad place? Cleveland? :lol:
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

wilbur wrote:I will say it was wonderful riding home from the dealer. Only issues were the rear shocks feel like cement... Got to figure out the adjustment thing... I weigh 180lbs, hints on a starting point? And my jeans kept riding up in a bad place :).
With some leather gloves, and the scoot on the center stand, grab the adjustment ring on the shock and turn to ease the load on the spring, to make the ride a little less stiff....being a scooter means it is not ever going to ride like a Buick..(see owner's manual for pix & instructions)
Baggy kevlar Slider brand jeans solve your other issue.
Fish
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Playing a bit
Attachments
Forza WI County Map - Small.jpg
Forza WI County Map - Small.jpg (18.96 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
Image, Image
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

wilbur wrote:Playing a bit
My HJC medium flip-front helmet fits in both spots, but "just". The owners manual shows how to position the helmets. At the rear location the helmet needs to face the right side of the scooter...and maybe turned slightly toward the front.

I weigh 140 and have the rear springs set on their lightest position...still rides to hard in my opinion. if you see a big bump coming, raise yourself slightly up off the seat...pulling on the handle bar and pushing with your feet...or move your feet back as far as you can and push upward. The ride is my only significant complaint with the Forza. Sharp bumps are the worst...like heaves in payment joints. There have been some discussions on the ride here, but don't think any solutions have been found.
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

Looks nice - I am so envious! Obviously the color is why you bought it - come on admit it, you like red!
Mr Elbows
Year: 2013

Post by Mr Elbows »

I'm excited for you! I just barely got my PCX, but I'm Jonesing for a Forza so bad. :roll: Really wanna trade mine in for a Forza. Seriously contemplating it. Have fun with your ƒorza!
Red 2013 Honda PCX 150 - very first scooter as of [2/12/15]
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

speedandstyle wrote:Looks nice - I am so envious! Obviously the color is why you bought it - come on admit it, you like red!

What gave me away? The Profile pic or the Forza pic?
Image, Image
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

Can't get either shock adjuster to budge.
Image, Image
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Undo the shock lower mount bolt (one at a time) pull it back clear so you can get a grip of it, wrap it in a cloth and turn.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wilbur »

What's the torque number for putting it back on? And I did manage to squeeze my helmet (scorpion EXO ??? XL flip-up) under the seat, but it took some work.
Image, Image
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

No idea I don't do torque wrenches.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

wilbur wrote:What's the torque number for putting it back on? And I did manage to squeeze my helmet (scorpion EXO ??? XL flip-up) under the seat, but it took some work.
Torque is 29 ft.lbs. A large pair of channel-lock pliers should be all you need to turn the preload adjustment. Apply them to the approximately 2" diameter spring perch, not the part where the notches are.. You will likely need to remove only the lower shock bolt on the muffler side to get a good grip on that side spring perch...the left side is accessable without removing the bolt. NOTE: if the preload setting is at it's lowest setting, you can only turn the adjustment one way...up the notched ramp.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:No idea I don't do torque wrenches.
Cheers. But that doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't absolutely realise their worth.