Hi from Thailand!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Hi from Thailand!

Post by wangsuda »

Hello from the manufacturing home of the PCX! Just bought myself a 2015 PCX and am loving it! My bike is three weeks old and has a whopping 70 km on it! As soon as I get my plates, the kilometers will go up!
IMG_20150315_100058.jpg
IMG_20150315_100058.jpg (144.31 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
johnnytraveler
Year: 2015
Color: Matte Black

Re: Hi from Thailand!

Post by johnnytraveler »

Greetings. Like you. I'm New here too. Im in Vietnam and I bought a matte black 2015 pcx 125cc. I so want to go to Thailand to check out some of the cool things they are doing there with the pcx.
Sent while texting on a 2015 Matte black 125cc PCX, made in Vietnam.
johnnytraveler

Post by johnnytraveler »

Where in Thailand are you? Are you planning on doing any upgrades or mods to your bike?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

johnnytraveler wrote:I so want to go to Thailand to check out some of the cool things they are doing there with the pcx.
Lots of accessories here and at great prices!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

wangsuda wrote:Hello from the manufacturing home of the PCX!
Welcome! What part of the country are you in?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
johnnytraveler

Post by johnnytraveler »

kramnala58 wrote:
johnnytraveler wrote:I so want to go to Thailand to check out some of the cool things they are doing there with the pcx.
Lots of accessories here and at great prices!
Do you have any web sites for me to check out? I'd like to buy by mail, but a holiday to Thailand is not a bad thing either.
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wangsuda »

johnnytraveler wrote:Where in Thailand are you? Are you planning on doing any upgrades or mods to your bike?
I'm in Bangkok and I've lived here for the last 11 years. The only upgrade that is possibly planned for the bike is heavier duty rear shocks. I'm a big guy! LOL

Thank you all for the welcome!
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Do you have any web sites for me to check out? I'd like to buy by mail, but a holiday to Thailand is not a bad thing either.[/quote]

Try here http://www.powerbypcx.com/boutique-tag- ... es_v3.html this guy is a sponsor of the forum, and offers discounts to members.

The site is in French but can be translated to English in Chrome by right clicking..

My son visited Thailand last year and went to his shop in Pattya, he was way impressed and bought me back a lot of goodies, including a set of rear gas shocks.

Check the forum index at the bottom in "Vendor for Sale"
johnnytraveler

Post by johnnytraveler »

JohnL wrote:Do you have any web sites for me to check out? I'd like to buy by mail, but a holiday to Thailand is not a bad thing either.
Try here http://www.powerbypcx.com/boutique-tag- ... es_v3.html this guy is a sponsor of the forum, and offers discounts to members.

The site is in French but can be translated to English in Chrome by right clicking..

My son visited Thailand last year and went to his shop in Pattya, he was way impressed and bought me back a lot of goodies, including a set of rear gas shocks.

Check the forum index at the bottom in "Vendor for Sale"[/quote]

Cool. Yeah know about them. Lots of cool stuff. Prices tho seems high for SE Asia.
johnnytraveler

Post by johnnytraveler »

For example this part is 22 euro (25usd) on their website. I paid less than 6 usd for mine. Mine might not be the same quality, but I'm happy with it.

Here's a link to the part, and what I bought.
http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-accroch ... 11492.html
uploadfromtaptalk1427432143001.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427432143001.jpg (84 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wangsuda »

Well, my new PCX is no longer new. The license plates came today, and the odometer cracked 100 km.
java
Color: white

Post by java »

Hi

I also live in Bangkok Just bought my 2015 PCX still waiting for plates. Rules say I can ride it up to 18 30 but not after, till plates come in a couple of weeks. Got mine from the Honda dealer on Rama IV Rd

wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wangsuda »

^Sweet! I got mine from a Honda dealer on Sukhumvit 77. They even threw in a free registration capsule!
java

Post by java »

wangsuda wrote:^Sweet! I got mine from a Honda dealer on Sukhumvit 77. They even threw in a free registration capsule!

I managed to squeeze Tax Insurance and theft insurance but no discount. Annoying that I have to wait a few weeks for the plates . At night I have to ride the old Spacy , which is just not the same :)
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wangsuda »

java wrote:
wangsuda wrote:^Sweet! I got mine from a Honda dealer on Sukhumvit 77. They even threw in a free registration capsule!

I managed to squeeze Tax Insurance and theft insurance but no discount. Annoying that I have to wait a few weeks for the plates . At night I have to ride the old Spacy , which is just not the same :)
I got two years of compulsory included in the price. I still have to get some first class insurance to cover everything else. Thankfully, decent first class insurance is less than 6000 baht/year. BTW, my plates took 14 days.
BobS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BobS »

Wangsuda - if you do manage to purchase first class insurance for your PCX, please post the name of the company here.

I bought the same bike in Chiang Mai a couple months ago, and was not able to find any company that offered first class insurance for small bikes.

The only thing available for bikes that size was extended third party insurance.

I was able to get a three year home policy from Viriyah Insurance that covers theft and if the bike is totaled.

BTW - in Chiang Mai there are no limits riding the bike until the plates come, just have the purchase receipt with you.

PS - I have two different digital owners manuals in English. Post an email address and I can send them.
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wangsuda »

BobS wrote:Wangsuda - if you do manage to purchase first class insurance for your PCX, please post the name of the company here.

I bought the same bike in Chiang Mai a couple months ago, and was not able to find any company that offered first class insurance for small bikes.

The only thing available for bikes that size was extended third party insurance.

I was able to get a three year home policy from Viriyah Insurance that covers theft and if the bike is totaled.

BTW - in Chiang Mai there are no limits riding the bike until the plates come, just have the purchase receipt with you.
Find yourself a good broker. Two companies offer first class insurance for the PCX: Sri Ayudhya Insurance and MSIG Insurance. They are both sold through the larger insurance brokers. The following quote is from http://www.globalinsurancethailand.com
03-27-15 6-26-57 PM.png
03-27-15 6-26-57 PM.png (75.58 KiB) Viewed 1733 times
MSIG Insurance is Japanese, I believe.
BobS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BobS »

Thanks for the info. I am in the US right now - filing taxes and avoiding Songkran. I will do some checking with MSIG when I return.

A question for you - for how many years of ownership will they sell this insurance to you? Most companies will only sell you first class insurance for the first five years on a new bike.

FYI - The extended third party policy that I have on my bigger bikes covers the additional medical and the bail bond, but nothing for your own bike and only 5000 for property damage. The cost starts out at 1500 per year, and drops 10% per year until it gets down to 50%. No limit on bike age.

The homeowners theft policy cost me 1800 for three years. They have a sliding scale for payoff, dropping each year.
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wangsuda »

BobS wrote:A question for you - for how many years of ownership will they sell this insurance to you? Most companies will only sell you first class insurance for the first five years on a new bike.
Beats me. I didn't ask. I'm sure for as long as I financed it LOL
java

Post by java »

BobS wrote:Wangsuda - if you do manage to purchase first class insurance for your PCX, please post the name of the company here.

PS - I have two different digital owners manuals in English. Post an email address and I can send them.

I would love to have a copy of the manual and would be very grateful Thanks :) jnic@javaelectronics.com