Enigma Bluetooth EFI, how to use?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Enigma Bluetooth EFI, how to use?

Post by Valiant »

http://japan.webike.net/products/21816954.html

Okay, so the shop had this installed, but I was told that they need a "baseline" to adjust from. They can do it by ear(actually riding it, then richen/trim the mix as they go), but it would be "crude" so to speak.

I evidently bought this because I thought it would actually give you those numbers to begin with, but that evidently isn't the case, and I'm back to that "need a dyno session" BS, which I'm told even if someone had one, they probably wouldn't do it because it would be time consuming.

I pulled the chart for the Takegawa FiCon2, but the guy tells me it's a dyno with different values. It seems like the Enigma lists throttle percentage along the x-axis and lists rpms along the y-axis, though I'm not too sure what the 0s at the intersecting points are. I know a full 0 setting = stock, so I assume a modification means richen/trim of stock numbers, which doesn't do much for me if I don't know what they're supposed to be at with the BBK, exhaust, aftermarket air filter, and large bore injector.

So is there a way to work with this, or do I just pull the whole goddamn thing out and order the Bazzaz combo :x ? It frankly sounds like the Enigma unit is purposely designed to be useless if that's the case.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Enigma Bluetooth EFI, how to use?

Post by Valiant »

Here's the app description for it:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pcx150- ... 20361?mt=8

I was assuming from the second picture(the charting function) that it would actually map it out for you, and you can pretty much trim/enrich from that as a baseline.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Going while back now, I'm sure I mentioned few times that all you would need is a bigger injector and or takegawa ficon...roman from rz racing is using kitaco IMAP coupled with big injector and only uses a setting that is tuned for stock 125cc with performance exhaust. Had it dynoed and it was spot on on his 175cc big bore,cam and 31mm throttle body..I'm using it the same way but with ficon and going by my afr meter it's also spot on..
Ficon is way easier to hook up.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Funny you mention that, as it was Roman from rzracing who sold me the 175cc kit. Sadly, the 31mm throttle body had some issues on the 2015 model. Yuminashi mentions their 31mm throttle body can't be installed on the new models, but didn't mention why. Roman thought it just needed a sensor block(specific to the 2013 model I assume). Silly him, he forgot to include the larger intake pipe and the insulation piece for the 31mm manifold. My guy tried to straighten the pieces out and run it anyway just to see if it would work, and it says it was running WAY rich(though he also says he could tell by the noise and the smell of the exhaust). Doesn't make much sense to me that it would be running richer with the 31mm TB than on stock, so I assume the sensor block might not have been compatible.

So the 31mm TB and manifold is out of the picture. If we run the kit with stock injector, the mix is lean. If we run the kit with the larger injector, the mix is rich.

I mean, I guess the FiCon2 is the cheap option, as that was meant to run with stock TB and injector. I just think there would be more flexibility having a fuel map you can tweak yourself if we can figure out a way to fit the TB and manifold in without errors. But I guess the issue is again, having a logger so you have a baseline to work with.

Presumably the same issue would still remain even with a working 31mm TB and manifold. The Enigma unit doesn't come with pre-maps for ANY setup, which means it's pretty much useless for anything other than full stock.