Do you feel comfortable taking your PCX 150 on the freeway?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Do you feel comfortable taking your PCX 150 on the freeway?

Yes, all day.
24%
Yes, on short stints when necessary.
60%
No, never ever.
16%

Total votes: 50

op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Do you feel comfortable taking your PCX 150 on the freeway?

Post by op3l »

If my PCX was in the US where I live, I would only take it on the freeway for 1 or maximum 2 exits and get off. It's just too slow and light for anything but a short hop in the right lane. It would be very very nerve wracking.

In Asia, like Taiwan for instance. The elevated roads are limited to 300cc or above. But the speed limit is only 70kph. In this case if it was legal I would have no problem taking the elevated roads. The 300cc requirement is only used to keep regular scooters off these roads so there's no unnecessary congestion due to scooters everywhere.
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

I prefer not to do the highway but am required to in New England to cross rivers. I've put lighter sliders in the variator and I can get to 65 fairly quick. But the bike is light and it makes me nervous in windy conditions. I did take a ride from CT to border of Maine and Canada a couple of years ago. I had about 40 extra pounds on bike equally distributed between top box, side bags and under seat. It made very little difference in acceleration but BIG difference with how well it felt on highway. I was much more comfortable with my jumps onto the highway that trip.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
A9ballkid
Year: 2021
Color: Pearl White

Post by A9ballkid »

Count me in the “1-3” exits as needed camp. Can’t really say I feel disconcerted on the highway, but I generally have avoided highway riding on all my bikes. For me it’s just the most boring of rides. I ride for fun and mental health but I ride to work appts. too. For me, I’d rather plan for an extra 10 minutes on a more interesting 45-55 mph road if possible. But there are situations that have even my preferred route necessary for a quick freeway jaunt and my 2021 PCX handles it fine. I’m looking forward to lighter sliders and maybe a gearing/variator change more for acceleration on mountain roads.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Of course, the PCX can do the interstate, but you are at the extreme edge of its performance, it’s just not a comfortable situation, every time I do it any urban interstate becomes something that sets me on edge. And although we talk here about the power being marginally Acceptable, the real problem for me is the wind. I have been blown literally 1 or 2 feet to the side by a tractor-trailer that goes by me at 85 miles an hour, which down here in Florida, is often. I just won’t do it anymore
Put me in the 1 to 2 exit category, but then again, I saw this whole problem often because I had a need to go across the state several times, taking care of a friend who was in chemo. So I ditched the PCX for a 300… Problem solved, 400 pounds is really what you need to stay comfortable on the interstate, in my opinion.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
leyo01
Year: 2017
Color: black

Post by leyo01 »

The Honda PCX150 is designed to handle highway speeds and can be ridden on the freeway. It has a powerful engine and a stable chassis that can provide a smooth and comfortable ride even at high speeds. anonymous instagram viewer