I just HAVE to vent!!

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: I just HAVE to vent!!

Post by Mel46 »

There are certain central areas in the United States where illegal aliens is a major factor. Atlanta seems to be one of them, as well as Southern California, Texas, and other border states. Why Atlanta? That i can not answer but i do know that INS is very busy here. Also, Atlanta seems to be one of the high growth areas in home building, and until a year or so ago the construction companies wanted to hire illegals because they could hire them cheap, pay them crumbs for wages, and work them when others would want off, such as on Sundays. Yes, cities like Atlanta are a major reason for the influx of illegals. I heard an INS agent say that 3/4 of those they send back are picked up again within a month. Add that to the stack of problems already in place in the Southern United States and you can see a very big problem.

But my view or your view will not change anything as long as we do not have politicans in government who are in the same boat as we are. The folks in Washington have their own banking, their own medical, their own retirement plans, and none of the headaches we sent them to Washington to solve. But they sure like to send our troups to war zones.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Yes - The trouble right now, though, is the government took a pretty good but expensive heathcare system and vastly increased the cost through government bureaucratic inefficiency and more control, and the 30M w/o healthcare insurance simply shifted to a different 30M who actually had it but lost it and were paying for it before. In the process they made a huge increase in cost to the tax payers as our government does when it gets involved in anything. This is a huge negative cost wise and a continuing decline in healthcare quality as it progresses forward.

You are correct about the other high costs that need to be addressed but they didn't need to destroy the entire healthcare system to address those by the hand of the certain bureaucrats who now put themselves in between the patients and the doctors. The simple fixes that could be employed to vastly improve the current system were ignored and denied to further a single payer system as part of a larger agenda. I am in healthcare insurance and there is a huge difference in outcomes with some of the other government run healthcare systems around the world (which I will refrain from naming here) but make no mistake by doubting that the quality is now in decline as the costs (we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg on out of pocket maximums and premium increases) skyrocket.

This is a fact because I work with it every day. Remember this in 2016 is all I can suggest. I wont even mention the millions of "new" citizens that they are trying to give free healthcare and other government benefits to right now. Remember that they need them as voters in 2016.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

You ever think maybe what works for the rest of the world would never work in the US, mainly because of the fact that we can't go back in time and undo our own history?

Fact:
Piss and moan as people might about gun laws, even supposing a bill passes banning all gun ownership, there is no realistic way to eliminate the millions of firearms already in people's hands, other than prying them from their cold dead hands.

Supposing single-payer(the real kind, not the soft-core Medicare) is implemented, what happens to the health insurance companies(and their employees) that already exist?

I also don't know if other governments are more competent, but the 2+ hours I spent at the DMV would suggest that I don't want our "government efficiency" to extend to my doctor's office, as I might die long before I get my next MRI.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

What a timely discussion. Like Obamacare - it took the lawyers a while to find the agenda hidden in the bill but there was no doubt what they are up to. They current group knows they are sunk in 2016 w/o this.

Amnesty creates loophole for illegal immigrants to vote in elections. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ra/?page=1
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

OMG!! What is next, make Mexico our 52nd state?!?!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Mel46 wrote:OMG!! What is next, make Mexico our 52nd state?!?!
I thought the plan was always to give California back :D .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:OMG!! What is next, make Mexico our 52nd state?!?!

You are kidding yourself The USA is Mexicos second state.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Stop bloody moaning, millions of people who have a far shittier existence want to live where you are now.
I can only imagine that's because US forces tend not to bomb, shell and generally destroy civilian infrastructure in the USA.

Deaf ears.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

You need to understand that we don't run the United States. We just live here. Therefore, if Obama wants to bomb some place or send in the troops, he doesn't have to ask us. In fact, lately he hasn't even asked Congress. So even though other countries may or may not agree with our country's actions, we citizens have about as much say on this as they do. We found out several elections ago that the popular vote means absolutely nothing. We found this out when the elections for president showed that one individual was chosen by popular vote, but the Electorial College chose the other one. Guess who lost?! Yep, popular vote lost.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

The Electoral College needs to be eliminated! And constitutional law once again be the Law of The Land.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Steph wrote:The Electoral College needs to be eliminated! And constitutional law once again be the Law of The Land.

It does seem to fly in the face of democracy a touch.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

The US was never meant to be a democracy, it's supposed to be a Constitutional Republic.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Valiant wrote:The US was never meant to be a democracy, it's supposed to be a Constitutional Republic.
Valiant, You hit that nail on the head! Democracy is mob rule in a nut shell.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I have no problem with the concept, and it worked well for a long time. It seems that power and greed can destroy any good idea. What needs to happen is relatively simple. Take away all of the special privileges that those in power have and make them use what we, the common people, have...and make it against the law to accept anything from lobbists ... and they would start to see what we are going through. Yes, they have bigger things to be concerned about as well, but they have forgotten what it is like to be the people they represent.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

The Progressives secured a firm foothold this time around. If you think things are bad now wait until Hillary.

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Steph wrote:
Valiant wrote:The US was never meant to be a democracy, it's supposed to be a Constitutional Republic.
Valiant, You hit that nail on the head! Democracy is mob rule in a nut shell.
Are you serious?
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

The current bunch would like to make it into a Democracy except for that pesky Constitution. So instead they try to violate it or change it or reinterpret it at every opportunity. They constantly push the limits of the checks and balances. The last election was a big step towards correcting a big mistake.

SECoda/tbln930
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@ you you - yes, I'm serious!
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

you you wrote: Are you serious?
"you you" and "serious" in the same post is just kinda....

LoLz
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Now if you had just paid up your taxes on the tea none of this would ever have happened.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong