New Red Honda PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Re: New Red Honda PCX

Post by jojo87 »

Managed to get out to record it earlier, this is the sort of thing.... but it is louder when actually riding....
and i'm not sure whether the other noise i'm hearing is actually this but again, when riding,
as there is a rattle of such when the throttle is pulled but goes when it's let go.

you can hear this more near the end.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

No access. Says video is private. You need to make it public.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Woops, try it now....
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Hmmm. I guess that might be that notorious bearing they are describing on the other threads that tends to go out. I have a spare assembly in my tool drawer that was back-ordered for months in case my PCX does it. it is inexpensive and seems to lose lubrication over time. Just a guess.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

.... how would I get this sorted exactly?
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Taking it back to the dealer is best at this stage.

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

That sucks, they're around 4 hours from me...
i've emailed them with the link to the video and suggested what it could be (Honda Dealer)
will see what they say about it...
a bit annoying as I now have everything on it I wanted, and now this!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Back to Dealer! :| Warranty?
Sorry jojo, that really does sound bad. Very loud rattling chatter! Like a handful of marbles!
Having the Dealer four hours ride away is a p.i.t.a.
And....after all your decorating! Timing sux, Geez.

;) Emailing your dealer with your video link was a great idea! I hope they respond quickly. If not, resend it, call them, & refer to that email. Tell them you're Terrified to ride it, etc...Pull all the lady cards.

Is yer scoot yer only means of transportation? If it is, Stress that to dealer! Like,...You Need for work!!
(Hmm...wondering, do you have towing coverage on your insurance?)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

They just replied and said:

''Sorry my speakers on this PC aren’t too great, I have forwarded it to the Service Manager and the Part chaps to try and see if they have any ideas on what it could be. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear anything back.''

and my Insurance it just 'third party only' so I doubt it... but it's under warranty so hopefully the dealer can suggest something or arrange something,
I also mentioned in the email that someone's suggested it might be to do with bearings, but yeah... will wait until they reply and go from there.

I had to wait about a week longer to have it delivered as they lowered the price for me so they delivered it when they were down this part of the country anyway,
so I will have to say the Bike it needed, as yep.. it's my only source of transport,
I can just see it coming though... having to wait awhile for a pick up and them delivering it back etc,
just REALLY hoping they don't suggest on replacing it considering I have the wheel stickers on, and those Grips are NOT coming off!
fair enough the mirror, levers and bar can come off, but the stickers and grips won't...
so if they do take it back, i'm hoping they sort the problem itself, but that's IF they actually do anything!
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

They just replied.....

''I watched the video on my phone and can’t say I’ve heard a PCX125 like that. I think it would be best to get it into your nearest Honda Dealer for them to have a look at under warranty. If you are worried about using it then I would think it best to give the Honda Assist number a call on 0800 521 728 and they may be able to get the bike ‘recovered’ to a Honda Dealer for you. If it is the drive belt or bearings, then it’s best not to ride it, but like I say I’ve never heard anything like that at all.''
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Let them recover it under warranty since you should not drive it. You may be without it for a while but it could save you a lot of misery with it in the end.

When I made the deal on my Forza I had to wait a month for the fuel pump recall to be done to pick it up.

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Phones playing up at the moment so i've had to email Honda, and i've emailed my 2 closest Honda Dealers, just have to wait for them to reply,
or email back to the Dealers I got it from and see if they can ring and arrange something.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I like where you live. You should have some real scenic photos from there. I am in the dead center of the US. Only rivers and smaller lakes here.

SECoda/tbln930
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Let us know how you get on with this, very interested given I am a month from getting my own.
aka DrewJW
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by DAB »

Don't think there is anything wrong, are you in an enclosed area, sound can bounce around a bit. Just love to open up a big V twin when going under a bridge or along a cutting. ;)
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Mine sure doesn't sound like that in the garage. o_O I hear a rubbing sound above the normal CVT noise on mine and I just ran it to compare (in the garage with the double door open).

How many miles/km are on it?

SECoda/tbln930
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I see on the video it is brand new with now 150 miles. That is strange and knocks out the bearing I would think. It is as noisy when you sit on it running with the rear wheel touching the ground?

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Yep brand new, about 140 miles I think,
and I noticed it first when actually riding,
it's really annoying when riding,
I have to 'rev' the Bike sometimes just so I hear the engine/exhaust over the 'rattle' or however you'd describe it,
but yeah, I wouldn't of thought that was normal at all.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

It still could be the bearing or a loose something or other I guess. I bought that bearing assembly OEM Honda part that tends to go out eventually for some yet I noticed the bearings on it have China stamped on them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SECoda/tbln930
Prehistoric_Dog
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by Prehistoric_Dog »

Just ordered my red PCX yesterday, two weeks to wait. Looking forward to it. :roll: