New Red Honda PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New Red Honda PCX

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I'll see if my local dealer has an idea, he has quite a few 2015's in stock.
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Post by jojo87 »

Not sure how many of you have sat on the newer model seats...
but I prefer it a lot more sitting back up on the higher 'passenger' bit,
not full on it, but just as it rises so you're sat higher with your arms less bent,
I hate being close to the handlebars,
I find it more comfortable being higher and reaching more for the bar.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Sat on a matte 2015, and I love the driving position, whats the manners like on the road? not sure if you have had it out yet with a bit of a wind?
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Just noticed I got a pretty good red match altogether lol Bike, Bar, Jacket, Gloves...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 11.02.25.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 11.02.25.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1877 times
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I just got a GroPro cant wait to try it out. Old Man Winter is putting a damper on things. I replaced my seat to the no hump style. I sit further back to straighten out my legs more.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

The license plates are huge where you live. What is the giant "L". Learner restriction? Can you duplicate the rattle by revving on the center stand?
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Yep, Learner Plate :-( i'm only on a CBT at the moment, have been since 2012, once I finally do my full test i'll obviously then be able to take them off,
but I can't do gears so have to do my test on an automatic, but I find it hard remembering signs and shit so got to spend awhile proper leaning and remembering everything first,
going to finish my CBT off which ends next year and then do my full one then.

Also, I put it on the stand, and revved it, but it didn't seem as bad, i'll do it again tomorrow when the weather's better,
shame about the wind noise in my videos, as you'd be able to hear it yourself then.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Been ill for the past week so finally got the wheel stickers on!
IMG_3758.JPG
IMG_3758.JPG (397.08 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
IMG_3756.jpg
IMG_3756.jpg (360.83 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Nice pictures. It is the BEST color. :P
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Mr Elbows
Year: 2013

Post by Mr Elbows »

Very nice bike man. Mine will be just like that. Who knows how long mine will get here though. It's barely gonna be picked up by the shippers next week in Pennsylvania.

Also, the tires look real good on your bike. Pick up any chicks yet?
Red 2013 Honda PCX 150 - very first scooter as of [2/12/15]
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Mr Elbows wrote:Very nice bike man. Mine will be just like that. Who knows how long mine will get here though. It's barely gonna be picked up by the shippers next week in Pennsylvania.

Also, the tires look real good on your bike. Pick up any chicks yet?
:lol:

This will be good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

lol!! female Mr Elbows :-)
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Still waiting for GoPro vids? :P At least of the bike in the garage. :)
Steph wrote:I just got a GroPro cant wait to try it out. Old Man Winter is putting a damper on things. I replaced my seat to the no hump style. I sit further back to straighten out my legs more.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Color Coordinated 8)
Looking real good jojo! I like yer pick in Wheel tape. Finishing touches do the trick!
What's next?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Just a better sounding exhaust, then that's it, nothing drastic...
I like the little details on it which are now sorted,
so yeah, cant stand the exhaust sound so need something a bit meaner sounding.

Also, not sure whether it's due to being run in still...
but it sounds really odd, i've been trying to get it on the footage but the wind noise is too loud,
it doesn't seem to be as bad when it's on the stand though,
and seems to be at the back on the left side....
when was the first mileage for the service?
i'm only on about 140 miles at the moment,
but yeah, not sure what the sound is but it just seems weird, cant even explain it to be honest,
when it isn't that windy i'll go out and put it on the stand again and record it,
or go out and try and hold the camera down to the side,
but again, not sure whether this is due to just being new and wearing in, and maybe after the first oil change it might sound different :-/
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

IMO there is always some CVT noise as the belt and pulley/variator adjust up and down. Do you think it is that? Some rpm ranges are noisier than others.

SECoda/tbln930
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Well it is on that side but I cant be sure to be honest as not sure what that would sound like...
it wasn't there when I first got it though, it's gradually come after doing a few miles,
as at first the only noise I was hearing from the rattle but i've packed the screen with sponge which happened,
and I snapped the threads shorter for the L Plate (under the number plate) as I think they were touching the plate holder,
but yeah, I don't like the sound of it at all now, I feel like I have to keep pulling the throttle just so the exhaust covers the noise if you know what I mean,
i'll try and record it anyway as obviously can't explain it, it's just REALLY annoying and not sure whether it's supposed to be like it or not,
but again, wasn't there when I first started riding it so was thinking it might be due to the wearing in of everything.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

jojo87 wrote:going to mess around with the plates first, going to use some metal bolts/nuts instead of the plastic ones, plus get a smaller ones for the l plate so they dont touch the actual plate holder on the bike itself, but when riding.. its hard to hear where about its coming from due to the wind and exhaust etc.
Oh JoJo, this was worth checking in 8) Woman that's a really pretty sight. Can you put it on the stand and wind it up a little until you see the culprit. Be careful you don't blast off! Hope your leg recovered completely.

ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

What about mounting the camera in different places and going for a ride and seeing if you can catch it that way, or having a volunteer revving the engine on the stand while you walk around trying to get the sound?
aka DrewJW
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Hey... the rattle noise has gone now, that was the screen which I sorted....
the noise now I can hear is at the back to the left I think,
i'm going to try and record it anyway as I cant really explain what i'm hearing,
been trying to find out how I can just put an external mic in but don't think it'd doable with my camera/case,
and i've tried to to put foam etc inside in front of the mic etc so the wind noise isn't as bad but again not great,
only thing is connecting the camera itself to the helmet but then it isn't waterproof and won't go back into the case,
but yeah... i'll try and record it some how...
just wondering if anyone on here knew of any known sounds to happen with a new Bike and whether it'll eventually go etc.