Cold Ride, and the Wife's New 2015 PCX150....

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Cold Ride, and the Wife's New 2015 PCX150....

Post by skuuter »

We left Home early Sunday Morning at 23 degrees for a Ride around Our Local Area. All total, we rode 148 miles with the temp finally crawling up to 41, but rode in heavy rain for the last 38 miles. I stopped at the UTSI (University of Tennessee Space Institute) parking lot in Estill Springs to take These Pics.....

The Windshield is Honda's Tall Version on Mitzie's 2015 PCX150....totally different than the older versions. You even have to remount the mirrors on the included brackets...Other Scooter is my Trusty 2014 Forza300...the New PCX has really great acceleration...She's (me too... ;) ) really loving it..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Cold Ride, and the Wife's New 2015 PCX150....

Post by GeezyRider »

The new PCX looks great. You guys are hardcore!
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I've been commuting in as cold as 22F weather and I am also calling you two hardcore! The new PCX looks great though. Great combination just like SEcoda's.

What are her thoughts on the tall windshield? How much did that cost? It's a $500 option here.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Very nice! Glad she's onboard a scoot again! Having pain anywhere and often...sucks (sorry). You took a long cold and wet ride...brrr. Not I, my back would just go into spasms. Cheers to you both. Enjoy Life and Yer wheels!

Hey, hey....What's the 'bling' wrapping round the Forza's petrol area? Looks cool!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Nice pictures. A perfect selection in bikes. :P What is that around the fuel panel on your Forza?
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Are those jeans, or Draggin Jeans?
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Love the Hi-Viz gear!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Thanks for the great pictures!
Two very hardy riders...that must have been a little chilly?!
Fish
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I can't imagine 23 F in jeans. Brrrrr o_O
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

SECoda wrote:I can't imagine 23 F in jeans. Brrrrr o_O
Helps to wear some long johns, but over 148 miles I'd put a wind resistant layer on top for sure.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I think she has some heavy jeans (diamond gusset?) on and hopefully thermal underpants beneath them. Some Bohn Adventure Armor pants in addition to them, would add protection and more warmth. Let's see what skuuter says. He knows all this stuff ;) but.....wearing it? That's something different.

About your wife's Honda windscreen, it looks nice but appears lower than "just below" her eyes. More like her chin? Does the wind bother her? Would she mind if you told us how tall she is? So many questions...sorry.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I have some insulated bibs on top of the jeans when it gets cold. ;)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Let's see, for This Ride...Mitzie is 5'2"...Like me, She prefers not to look through a Windshield, so we use ones that You can see over but tall enough to keep the buffeting air over Your head. The Honda does this for Her. Diamond Gusset Kevlar Jeans, Thin Long Johns (Pants and Top) made by First Gear, Hanes Beefy Sweatshirt, First Gear Jaunt 2 Jacket with Liner in, Olympia Motosports All Weather Gloves, Fox Racing Thermal Socks, River Road Motorcycle Boots, Fulmer 62B Full Coverage Helmet...Me: 5'7", Honda Tall Windshield, Diamond Gusset Kevlar Jeans, Fox Racing Enduro Thin Long Underwear (Pants only), Hanes Beefy Sweatshirt, First Gear Jaunt 2 Jacket with Liner taken out, Olympia Motosports All Weather Gloves, Fox Racing Thermal Socks, Bates Motorcycle Boots, Fulmer 62B Full Coverage Helmet.....The Cable running along my Tunnel on the Forza is the Power Cable for my Garmin ZUMO Motorcycle GPS (the shiny bits are lined wire looms and screws)...I prefer it external if I have a problem instead of hidden and routed in the wiring harness. I learned this aggravation on one of my Gold Wing 1800s once. Power Cord went bad, and had to wait to get home before I could replace it due to multiple body panel removal. I can live with the looks...I'm a "Function Before Form" Guy... :lol: ... My Forza also has a Slime Air Compressor, and Long 12 volt Power Cord wired into it for "On-Road Flat Tire Repair" and powering Other Items. I ride so many miles, and pretty much daily every year, that it pretty much requires Twenties and below before I need a lot of extra gear. Just acclimated I suppose. We carry Road Toads by Frog Togg, Their actual Motorcycle Gear Jackets with us, and Fulmer Over Pants if we encounter really Cold Temps or Absolute Pouring Rain to add over Our Other Gear. I have Olympia Motosports Thermal Winter Gloves with me if needed, and Mitzie carries Tour Master's Thermal Winter Gloves.

I rode yesterday morning on my Forza with a Friend on His Gold Wing Trike to Jasper, Tennessee before work. We left at 4:00 AM at 19 degrees before sunrise...I arrived at Work at 7:45 AM at 21 degrees. I had on the same Gear, except thinner non-Kevlar Diamond Gusset Jeans, Dickies Thick Work Socks, and Merrill Hiking Boots (Work Wear... :) )...if we get a break in the Weather, and a Fifties or above day, We'll be doing a "One-Dayer" to the Smokies Area and back. This will be around a 500 mile day on the Forza and PCX.....needing a long ride severely... :D
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

skuuter wrote:... but rode in heavy rain for the last 38 miles. I stopped at the UTSI (University of Tennessee Space Institute) parking lot in Estill Springs to take These Pics.....
From the looks of all that water, it must have been a really heavy rain. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

kramnala58 wrote:
skuuter wrote:... but rode in heavy rain for the last 38 miles. I stopped at the UTSI (University of Tennessee Space Institute) parking lot in Estill Springs to take These Pics.....
From the looks of all that water, it must have been a really heavy rain. ;)
... :lol: ....."Woods Lake"..... ;)