Another new PCX owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Another new PCX owner

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hip-Hip!! :P Great News and thanks for answering my questions. Taking the course Matters! You did :P

Now, come Saturday....
Breath, pace the floors, watch the clock, twiddle yer thumbs, peer out the window. Any second now Your scoot will be coming round the bend! 8) Shades of Excitement!!

My parents always said, "Ask,....all they can say is no. But you won't know, unless You Do."
They were so right. For years, asking Has gone in my favor 90% of the time. It's nice to win.
You just did! Cheers, Be careful, have fun!!
Uh...Remember to take a moment to share. Pics, that is :P 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
NMpdx13
Year: 2015
Color: black

Post by NMpdx13 »

A sneak peek as it was sitting there watching me at the dealership while I paid my money and went over the paperwork.

Full Size: http://i.imgur.com/mdUlITk.jpg

To be delivered, with better pictures on Saturday. :D
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

You are going to have a ball on your PCX!!

I still remember the thrill when mine appeared from the delivery van last May, and the driver pushed it up my driveway and took away my 50cc Sym. Not one moment of regret, just hours of fun enjoying my new bike.

Take the time to really enjoy your new friend, and ride carefully.
NMpdx13

Post by NMpdx13 »

OK, you guys asked for it. First day with the scooter, I got some pictures and my husband took a video too.

First the video:

(I should've ran that guy over, huh...) :lol:

And now for the pictures, here's an Imgur Gallery Album link: http://imgur.com/a/BUj1W. You can click on each picture for full size resolution.

I didn't get to play with it as much as I would like today, but, soon!! :D
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@NMpdx13 - Looks like you are an old hand at riding. Good job! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P Excellent! Enjoyed watching your first ride and the photo's are so sharp and clear! What camera did hubby use? Look at all that "blue bling" in yer sheeny scoot! N I C E!
Cheers & Good luck! :P

Okay, about your weather...is it warm? I see you're wearing warm weather clothing? Got any scooter gear? I hate worrying.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Excellent! Beaverton is a few degrees warmer on average than where I am north up the I-5 on the Canadian side of the border. With the right gear you can definitely ride year round. Happy riding!
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
NMpdx13

Post by NMpdx13 »

WhiteNoise wrote::P Excellent! Enjoyed watching your first ride and the photo's are so sharp and clear! What camera did hubby use? Look at all that "blue bling" in yer sheeny scoot! N I C E!
Cheers & Good luck! :P

Okay, about your weather...is it warm? I see you're wearing warm weather clothing? Got any scooter gear? I hate worrying.

Hubby used the camera on my iPhone 6, actually. It was pretty sunny, so that camera does really well in sunlight!

Weather? Well, it was sunny, but it was not warm. lol. I don't remember the temperature yesterday, but I just took it out for a spin a few minutes ago, for about 15 minutes, for the first time ever in the STREETS (just a little scary) and it's 46 degrees out (it's about 5:30pm here). I have gloves and a nice hi viz vest and jacket, but my hands were a little cold. :roll:

I am going to have to do some more riding around in the streets before actually commuting all the way into work, because 25 MPH felt fast, and then on one of my streets I had to turn on for a bit, the speed limit is 45 MPH, and wow 45 MPH feels like I'm going 100 at this point! But..........that was my very first time ever in traffic on a scooter/motorcycle.
NMpdx13

Post by NMpdx13 »

I'm sure you've all had fears and nervousness when you started riding motorcycles/scooters. That's what I'm having now. But I was reading on a few other forums that it's normal, since I'm still new. I was reading people giving advice to others who were trying to get over that fear of getting on the streets. They were saying to take it slow, take little trips around quiet streets, rather than a long trip at first, and to build up to faster streets. On my commute, I won't have to go faster than 45 MPH, and I would not want to get out on the highway/freeway on my PCX150 (especially considering my larger size :lol: ). But after riding around yesterday, I realize that I need to build up to 45 MPH, because man that was super scary...

I'm sure you guys feel the noob nerves and fears too. :|
NMpdx13

Post by NMpdx13 »

NMpdx13 wrote:I'm sure you've all had fears and nervousness when you started riding motorcycles/scooters. That's what I'm having now. But I was reading on a few other forums that it's normal, since I'm still new. I was reading people giving advice to others who were trying to get over that fear of getting on the streets. They were saying to take it slow, take little trips around quiet streets, rather than a long trip at first, and to build up to faster streets. On my commute, I won't have to go faster than 45 MPH, and I would not want to get out on the highway/freeway on my PCX150 (especially considering my larger size :lol: ). But after riding around yesterday, I realize that I need to build up to 45 MPH, because man that was super scary...

I'm sure you guys feel the noob nerves and fears too. :|
Ooops, I meant to say "I'm sure you guys FELT the noob nerves and fears too." ;)

Anyway, looks like the weather will be pretty crappy for at least this week for any evening practice rides. Very foggy and cold, and some rain throughout the week. Boo ...
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

Welcome , both of you .
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

NMpdx13 wrote:Hi everyone!

I just put $300 down payment to hold a 2015 PCX-150 (Black) over at Beaverton Motorcycles (Tigard, Oregon) and I should be picking it up next Saturday! It'll be my first time riding a scooter/motorcycle, other than the Team Oregon class I took back in August. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time! o_O

I managed to get an awesome deal ($3,935 total including all fees and DMV). I know it's not really riding weather right now, but I can't wait to ride it home, and at least ride it around the block a few times (I live in Aloha, Oregon in case others here are in the Portland Metro area).

I'm a total newbie when it comes to owning a scooter or any kind of vehicle for that matter, so any tips or advice would be most welcome. I can post pictures when I go pick it up and bring it home on Saturday (provided it's not pouring rain next weekend like it was today!).

-Noell
How did you get this awesome deal? the scooter retails for 3,449! am getting one in a couple weeks but the dealer wants 4,500 after tax and fees!!! whats your secret?
NMpdx13

Post by NMpdx13 »

Hi! I'm not sure I have a secret, but I emailed the dealer inquiring about a 2013 PCX150 that they had listed on sale on their website, and they replied saying that they sold it, but they have a 2015 one (I originally wanted a 2015 one, but was trying to save a bit of money so I was inquiring about the 2013 on clearance :lol: ) that they would sell me for $3,650 which included freight/set up, etc., and I would just need to pay the $285 DMV fees (Documentation $185, Title/Reg $100) for a total of $3,935. I paid by check, full price, so I'm not sure if that was a factor in them giving me the deal as well. $4,500 sounds like a lot to me, though!

tHa_nEw-gUy wrote: How did you get this awesome deal? the scooter retails for 3,449! am getting one in a couple weeks but the dealer wants 4,500 after tax and fees!!! whats your secret?
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Looks excellent! Great to see another Pacific Northwest PCX owner.

iPhone cameras are excellent. I have a 4S and other than the inadequate low light capability, I'm pretty happy with it. I'll upgrade to a newer iPhone when this one breaks.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

I have an appointment with a dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully they give me reasonable price, I'd go all the way up to $4200 and that would be the highest I'd also go! Wish me good hunting :-)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I hear Ya! HOW EXCITING!!!!!! 8) GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOMORROW! :P No Need to be Nervous. Be Confident. Your hard earned money right? They want it. Make them earn it. Be Cool 8)

Have you been to "that" dealer before? Are they friendly? you know.....like "we" bikers tend to be? If so, hang around and chat a bit, sit on the scoot, sit on other bikes as well. Then go back and sit on the PCX again. Keep talking. Ask questions. Stroke the salesman, ask what he rides and does he like it.
(If You Have Cash)....tell him you've saved $3,800, and you're ready to spend it on your Very First bike (now Look at PCX with desire) ;)
Then clarify what you mean by $3,800.00. That it should cover everything. They know it as "OTD" (Out The Door) price. He'll hem and haw, and say he can't do this or that...then he might "have to" speak to his manager :lol: We all know this tactic, but play along. You might even get to shake said manager's hand. Could be a good thing, so be pleasant but not gullible.
See how it goes from there, but don't go over the price set in your head (ahh...& wallet :lol:)

Don't forget to try getting something free from them. All they can say is no. I got a T-Shirt, other members here got better. And, you might want to consider ordering a Service Manual while your there (if you buy the PCX) Or....maybe they'd be willing to toss that in? All kinds of ways to work a deal.
I'll be thinking 'bout cha! I have faith.....go get yer scoot!
Do your Best, that's All New Guy ;)
tHa_nEw-gUy

Post by tHa_nEw-gUy »

WhiteNoise wrote:I hear Ya! HOW EXCITING!!!!!! 8) GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOMORROW! :P No Need to be Nervous. Be Confident. Your hard earned money right? They want it. Make them earn it. Be Cool 8)

Have you been to "that" dealer before? Are they friendly? you know.....like "we" bikers tend to be? If so, hang around and chat a bit, sit on the scoot, sit on other bikes as well. Then go back and sit on the PCX again. Keep talking. Ask questions. Stroke the salesman, ask what he rides and does he like it.
(If You Have Cash)....tell him you've saved $3,800, and you're ready to spend it on your Very First bike (now Look at PCX with desire) ;)
Then clarify what you mean by $3,800.00. That it should cover everything. They know it as "OTD" (Out The Door) price. He'll hem and haw, and say he can't do this or that...then he might "have to" speak to his manager :lol: We all know this tactic, but play along. You might even get to shake said manager's hand. Could be a good thing, so be pleasant but not gullible.
See how it goes from there, but don't go over the price set in your head (ahh...& wallet :lol:)

Don't forget to try getting something free from them. All they can say is no. I got a T-Shirt, other members here got better. And, you might want to consider ordering a Service Manual while your there (if you buy the PCX) Or....maybe they'd be willing to toss that in? All kinds of ways to work a deal.
I'll be thinking 'bout cha! I have faith.....go get yer scoot!
Do your Best, that's All New Guy ;)
WOW my confident just went through the roof, and I live in a basement!! I'll definitely keep u updated
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

If you have $3800 - try to knock down the $3900 CB300F naked bike! Bet you could - in the dead of winter. Lot more bike for the $.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzGKb5O ... detailpage
Fish
NMpdx13

Post by NMpdx13 »

My first ride ever out in traffic, going somewhere. I was pretty nervous.........but I lived! And, I don't think I made too many mistakes...

The ride back home:

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Nice.

I see you already stuck on a taller windscreen :D .