Motorcycle Tent Camping

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Motorcycle Tent Camping

Post by sendler2112 »

Motorcycle tent camping is a really affordable vacation.
AMA Vintage days is a blast. Anyone in the eastern USA that likes to tent camp should check out this family friendly event.
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/eve ... rcycledays
1000's of bikes being ridden around the large campground by young and old alike and everything has a price. Some people show up on Thursday, buy an old trail bike for $200, ride around all weekend, and sell it on Sunday before leaving.
The theme three years ago was "Rockers vs Mods". They had some good speakers telling us about the 50's and 60's in bike culture England. The bike show was won by a perfect condition Gold on Black vintage Vincent that I didn't get a good photo of but those bikes were a work of art.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Motorcycle Tent Camping

Post by sendler2112 »

I use a large duffel bag for luggage.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

I was fortunate enough to have the big national BMW MOA rally located not to far from my home a few years ago, so I went down to check it out.

The number of tent campers there was astounding. I think 5 or 6 thousand people on bikes rode in for the rally (I don't know that I saw a single person that trailered a bike in--thumbs up), and a huge percentage of them seemed to be tent campers. They had the event at a large state fair grounds, and the big grassy areas were sprinkled with tents all over the place. It was pretty cool.

If the BMW MOA rally is ever conveniently located to you, I recommend attending whether you own a BMW or not. Contrary to the stereotype, the BMW guys I ran into there were consistently down to earth, unpretentious fellows who were not above sleeping in a tent versus an hotel room. By the way, there were a fair number of bikes of other makes there, and nobody cared at all, at least that I could tell. You could have ridden a Concours or an ST1100 there and I don't think anyone would have batten an eye. There were actually a decent number of guys on KLR650s there.

Lots of good tech talks, speakers, etc lined up, too. Well worth attending.
'88 BMW R100RT
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sendler2112 wrote:I use a large duffel bag for luggage.

As luggage :roll:

For your clothes and other items.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Does look like fun. But, I might be to old for that. o_O
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Me too. I carrier the PCX and my wife pulls the RV with HDTV, an indoor bathroom, and AC/heat. :lol:
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Americade is really fun also. Kawasaki brings more than 30 demo bikes. Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha bring a dozen. Too bad BMW and Ducati didn't show up for the first time last year. Indian, Victory and Harley bring a ton of bikes if you're into that. I'm going to stay all week this year. Hotels are $200 with a three night minimum but I pay $40 for a camp site.
http://www.americade.com/