disc lock alarm that came with pcx.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

sut1576
Year: 2014
Color: red

disc lock alarm that came with pcx.

Post by sut1576 »

hi

my wife has just brought a new pcx well second hand but only did 160miles. the bike came with a oxford disc lock alarm that the previous owner said came with the bike from the dealers.,
would anyone on here know what model of disc alarm this is as we are trying to find out for her insurance,

thanks
anthony
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: disc lock alarm that came with pcx.

Post by gn2 »

Don't bother having it on the insurance, it won't make any worthwhile difference to the premium and if its listed on the insurance you have to use it all the time which is a complete p.i.t.a.
Its probably one of these: http://www.oxford-shop.co.uk/item3638.htm
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

Post by oldbiker »

I was warned by fellow bikers that do not state you use a security chain even if Thatcher approved because if your bike is stolen when it is not fitted your insurance for theft may be invalid. I use one but do not have it on the insurance due to that fact. I have a cheap mobile GPS tracker fitted so at least I know what ditch it will be in. If they really want your bike there not much that will stand up to a splitter grinder and they have been used to steal exotic bikes in the past. So fit a disc lock to deter the opportunist thief.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

gn2 wrote:Don't bother having it on the insurance, it won't make any worthwhile difference to the premium and if its listed on the insurance you have to use it all the time which is a complete p.i.t.a.
Its probably one of these: http://www.oxford-shop.co.uk/item3638.htm
This is so true
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

oldbiker wrote:I was warned by fellow bikers that do not state you use a security chain even if Thatcher approved because if your bike is stolen when it is not fitted your insurance for theft may be invalid. I use one but do not have it on the insurance due to that fact. I have a cheap mobile GPS tracker fitted so at least I know what ditch it will be in. If they really want your bike there not much that will stand up to a splitter grinder and they have been used to steal exotic bikes in the past. So fit a disc lock to deter the opportunist thief.

Which GPS tracker are you using? Am looking for one that is reliable but doesn't cost me ten percent of the bike's value...

Thanks!
oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

Post by oldbiker »

Djcat I got mine of amazon UK put motorcycle GPS tracker in search. I paid 30 pounds UK.