NCY Variator, Face Plate, 13gr Rollers, Belt for 2013 150

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: NCY Variator, Face Plate, 13gr Rollers, Belt for 2013 1

Post by Valiant »

Mel46 wrote:I am sure others have asked this before but i want to make sure so that i can mark the websites that have the NCY stuff...will the ncy drive face and variator for the 125 fit the 150?
Yes, they'll fit.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Look ma no panel (removed). Ok one bolt under the rear foot rest. I just used a swivel socket wrench - no universal even needed. Someone did recommend the wrong pulley removal tool off of Amazon on here and w/o edit we are stuck with it. Nubs are too big.

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Out with the old and in with the new. I am really struggling to change the perfectly good belt according to my caliper unless it is stretched but you sure can't tell any. It is still virtually new dimensions. I may try the old and go back in if I am unhappy since it is so easy. Still strange - the pulleys and everything should be dry as a bone except for the nut threads and seating surface which they want a tiny bit of engine oil on.

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I forgot to mention I am torquing it to spec (44 ft lb) I believe. It was definitely that tight on the removal. o_O Now to figure out how to hold it w/o breaking a fin. :geek:
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Got it torqued to spec and ready to test. This completes the first dis-assembly for the NCY upgrade. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The trouble is it is 25 F outside. :roll: It does sound like there is a bit of a break-in to the new parts.

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So you got the drive face, variator, and the rollers from the same place? Also, did you end up purchasing a clutch holding tool, or did you find a different way to hold it?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

NCY Variator and face plate for $85 from http://www.corsportusa.com/ ($56 and $29)

13g NCY rollers from Amazon.com for $19 (about $5 cheaper than corsportusa free shipping) You can buy all three at corsportusa.

They also sell NCY kits on EBay for less but they didn't have the right weight rollers I wanted.

I also bought the $50 tach for testing but that is definitely optional.

I purchased a clutch holding tool from amazon.com that someone recommended on this forum but the nubs are too big for the holes on the stock Honda face plate. You can still use it if you are careful by putting the nubs against the fins. I was able to use it to tighten the NCY one to the 44 ft lb spec with it too w/o breaking a fin. There should be the right one out there somewhere. Since the NCY plate has no holes we are stuck improvising a bit. I would not want that nut loosening up at 75 mph.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

http://www.amazon.com/NCY-Weights-varia ... gm+rollers
Is this where you got the rollers? Are these the correct ones?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Yes but that shows $5 shipping. I would just order everything from corsportusa then.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

SECoda wrote:Got it torqued to spec and ready to test. This completes the first dis-assembly for the NCY upgrade. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The trouble is it is 25 F outside. :roll: It does sound like there is a bit of a break-in to the new parts.

Be a good sport and get out on the road in a full race tuck down a slight grade and bounce the limiter at 77-78mph and then come back here and tell us about it as you thaw out!
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I just went to the mailbox with my new Nordic Gordini Gortex gloves made for high wind and single digits and my hands were the only things warm. I definitely need the full Columbia insulated suit for a ride and the 3 pairs of woolies... o_O

It seems like it took some miles to get it working up to speed so I may just ride it around today and try a top speed check later.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I just put 5-6 miles on it in the subdivision but never got over 30 mph. It runs great so far. The speed runs will be another day.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SECoda wrote:I just put 5-6 miles on it in the subdivision but never got over 30 mph. It runs great so far. The speed runs will be another day.

What is a subdivision? Is it an intersection?
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

A subdivision is at the very center of the universe. :P
you you wrote:
SECoda wrote:I just put 5-6 miles on it in the subdivision but never got over 30 mph. It runs great so far. The speed runs will be another day.

What is a subdivision? Is it an intersection?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

for those who do not live in the United States, a subdivision is a housing project in which there are as few as 10 or as many as 200 individual homes. When a builder buys a piece of land to be used to build multiple single family homes on, and he paves the streets and sets up power and sewage to each lot, that is called a subdivision. One of the subdivisions in my area has so many houses in it, most situated around a large golf course, that it has been considered one of the largest subdivisions in the southern United States.
I hope this clears up that question. Now back to the subject at hand. Did you replace the belt with a reinforced one, or did you just put a new standard belt on?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

And there is always Google. o_O http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivision_%28land%29

I just have a stock OEM new belt but am trying the old one first time. Scooterman saw a small jump in speed with the new belt but his belt had more wear than mine does. I just want to change one variable at a time as much as I can to see what is what. I would hate to have to toss belts every 1000 miles. Seriously, pulling the cover off and making changes is a piece of cake with the right tools. Swapping back stock or trying a new third party belt is real easy. There should be little concern with trying this upgrade except for the money and even that is low. This is low risk but loads of fun.

BTW - except for a little belt dust on the bottom - the CVT case inside was very clean. I wiped that bit of belt dust out but I must be riding in a very clean environment and being very gentle on the CVT.
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Would this be a nice upgrade for the 125?
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I think they discussed it on a 125 somewhere. I think I remember reading the top speed change wasn't as significant.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

It looks like Sunday will be the next warm day to do a little testing. In the meantime, I am switching over to synthetic oil (waiting for the Lucas oil to arrive) at the 2500 mile mark.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Shez running on Lucas synthetic JASO MB w/ Moly now. :P

The strainer cover came right off with a 6 point socket (first time). From the troubles in the various discussions I was pleasantly surprised. o_O