Encouraging a productive and friendly environment

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Encouraging a productive and friendly environment

Post by Alibally »

There are some pretty dumb Europeans as well.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Steph wrote:@you you - That's your opinion. And I'm cool with that. :D

That's my dinner attire.

I'm not going to argue :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
DAB wrote:
homie wrote:Ok lets move off guns and on to what else is offensive to most people outside the US. Please isn't there something we Americans tolerate from your neck of the woods? Surely Americans are secretly seething with hated for something equal to how much you dislike us. Lay it out on the table and lets sort this out like people who want to make this work.

Really what else, I have no problem never showing or mentioning a gun again in this forum but I suspect there is more to it than just registered firearms. Since the internet showed the world who we are and how we live there has been nothing but trouble and I've lived long enough to see this to be the case. What do you want from the USA, we freely give to every catastrophe world wide until our countries borrowing to give more. We drive the entire worlds economy buying goods and services so you have employment, why would you bite the hand that feeds? We are suckers for any country held in the grips of tyranny and will give with the lives of our sons and daughters for democracy only to watch in disbelief time and time again those freed do nothing to take it from there.

It might end people, we may be having enough backlash. My son won't serve and is the first in my family's long line that won't join and fight under the current administration or any like it. America will adjust and perhaps just watch the would burn from our loungers if there is no appreciation. Get your beef out on the table and lets hear it so we all understand each other and maybe just maybe we can have a good time without pissing off the owner of this site. I still don't see any PM's and this makes me wonder if there really are complaints being registered to admin... and that will draw its own conclusion.
Homie

I think you would be surprised how many people actually like the Americans. I have spent many years working in arabic countries and have been surprised the high regard many have for America.
Europeans like to think Americans are not so sophisticated as themselves but inside are envious of Americas success.
Personally I know the world would be a worse place if the American establishment were different.
Good man.. Europeans ARE more sophisticated period, I love that. Our reality TV makes me want to puke. I wish there was more PBS shows like Downton Abby for Americans to watch so they could get some class. Yes we Americans are a melting pot of mutts and we have no shame. I really want to believe there are Arabs who respect what happened over there for them but none here will condemn the actions of even their worst sect's. These groups of people with somewhat different religious beliefs (typically regarded as heretical) from those of a larger group to which they belong give no help at all and it isn't coming so America can wrap it up. I bet we learned our lesson this time on that topic.

what else is bugging the international community about America?

USA please. America is a continent of many countries.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Alibally wrote:There are some pretty dumb Europeans as well.
That's very true, Ireland's in Europe.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Alibally wrote:There are some pretty dumb Europeans as well.
That's very true, Ireland's in Europe.

Must be disappointing after really wanting to be part of Germany.
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

Kim Jong-IL , Pol Pot , Idi Amin , Stalin , Hitler , Mao Tse-tung , and other Political types , etc , etc , all agree (d) , gun control works.....for THEIR agenda . Happy to be an American .
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:I find the general american attitude to firearm ownership utterly repellant.
America would be a great place but for one thing, americans live there.
Australia has a similar problem.
gn2, nearly 100% of the time I find your comments to be a symptom of your dyspeptic nature...but I agree in kind (if not in description) with your stance on gun ownership in the USA.
As an American I have no reasonable defense for our desire to own guns...as a British friend asked me once, "What Tom, do you guys still have trouble with indian attacks?"
I have no answer for that. I am embarrassed by Americans who want to keep guns. Truly embarrassed by their vehemence to keep them.
The slaughter of a school room full of little children should have - in all sanity - been enough. But it wasn't.
Amazing. Sad.
Decades ago I served in Vietnam as a conscientious objector. As an Army medic, in combat (near Pleiku, Ia Drang ?, Central Highlands), I lived with & tended to our wounded. I loved those guys, but I had no use for guns before - and certainly came away after that experience with a renewed dislike for guns. They are ugly, repulsive, single purpose dumbing-down machines. Police & soldiers need them, the rest of humanity does not.
Not many of my fellow veterans in the V.V.A. chapter agree with my views - but, because of our shared experiences, none of them question my right, as an old medic, to hold them. Chaplains and medics generally have a special place in the minds of combat troops - whether we deserve it, or not.
Fish
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

We have intentionally moved off of guns Fish... Please offer some new information on what puts a burr under the saddle of the rest of the world concerning the USA and yes I have learned not to say America because that's a continent and I wouldn't want to offend any Brazilian riders.

Its officially well known GUNS are dynamite for our members, lets not force maddie to close the thread because we need more trigger topics explained here. Guns bad yes... never going to change.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

America is two continents. :geek:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

gn2 wrote:America is two continents. :geek:
..........2?
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

DAB wrote:
gn2 wrote:America is two continents. :geek:
..........2?
forget that :oops:
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
frog13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by frog13 »

Read the Constitution , Bill of Rights and all the rest....reason enough for ownership....tyranny. That is all . Had to throw that in before another goon chimes in and breaks the Liberty bell.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

frog13 wrote:Read the Constitution , Bill of Rights and all the rest....reason enough for ownership....tyranny. That is all . Had to throw that in before another goon chimes in and breaks the Liberty bell.
frog if you get this closed before I find out every thing people can't stand about the US I'm going to send you all this years re-gifts starting with this lovely one right here...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

frog13 wrote:Read the Constitution , Bill of Rights and all the rest....reason enough for ownership....tyranny. That is all . Had to throw that in before another goon chimes in and breaks the Liberty bell.
Tyranny?
Your government imprisons and executes more of its citizens than just about any other country.
So clearly that argument is complete bollocks.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

At the start of WWII the U.S. had the 11th most powerful military in the world.

Germany wasn't too concerned about the U.S. half way on the other side of the world as Hitler steamrolled his way through Europe.

Most U.S. citizens at the time couldn't have cared less about who controlled Europe. Didn't stop us from supplying the UK with supplies that sustained them until Churchill said the UK is toast unless unless the U.S. military steps in.

US boys well experienced in handling firearms were the first to sign up and were the heart and soul of our military.

The resentment that some Euro's harbor towards the U.S. Is no doubt owing to the fact that they could not defend themselves, but had to ask for help from people they consider to be so inferior to themselves.

Some Euro's try to convince themselves that they are no longer dependent on the U.S. for their existence but deep inside they know it isn't true. So they can only criticize us, it's what the powerless do.

Oh, and the other "Americas" that the Euro's love so much? How much help have they ever got from them?
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Put simply they would be speaking German if not for the USA.
frog13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by frog13 »

gn2 wrote:
Tyranny?
Your government imprisons and executes more of its citizens than just about any other country.
You are a dolt. You apparently don't know the definition of Tyranny.....you should , being so close to the Queen. Felonious types do get excited , yes .
frog13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by frog13 »

Gee , I wonder how the Jewish people would have fared if they had the ability to suppress THEIR aggressor . The camps may not have even had one starved fatlaity . They couldn't defend themselves . Perhaps the other European countries would have man'ed- up if the Jewish we're throwing rounds at their aggressors . Repellant thought for some of you I'm sure .
frog13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by frog13 »

frog13 wrote:
gn2 wrote:
Tyranny?
You are a dolt. You apparently don't know the definition of Tyranny.....you should , being so close to the Queen. Felonious types do get excited , yes .
Should have read .....executed......but you new that.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

frog13 wrote:Kim Jong-IL , Pol Pot , Idi Amin , Stalin , Hitler , Mao Tse-tung , and other Political types , etc , etc , all agree (d) , gun control works.....for THEIR agenda . Happy to be an American .

Set your sights higher :D ever been to Spain?