Body panel clips ?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Blackroot
Year: 2017
Color: midnight blue

Body panel clips ?

Post by Blackroot »

Hello all-
Just purchased a 2015 black PCX, and was looking at the youtube vids for the valve adjustment @ 600 miles. I plan on waiting on that job until 3-5k miles mark, but was wondering if those body panel "clips" are all the same size, and where would one buy these as it looks like breaking them will happen.

Thanks much
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Body panel clips ?

Post by homie »

Just did this at 1800 miles for the first time... good luck
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... oyVAcpcIwl

Check the size of these trim clips, I ordered 7mm but have not received them yet to know if they fit. You will be able to extract all but two of the trim clips easily and the first two that could possibly break because they are recessed serve little or no purpose and need not be replace as the side panels are VERY secure without the trim clips.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00976 ... UTF8&psc=1

HEY! you bought a 2015 PCX! CONGRATULATION you are the 41st member of this forum to take the leap and I dub thee a proud NEW generation Honda PCX owner :o o_O 8) Please sir, move to the front of the PARADE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blackroot

Post by Blackroot »

Thank you ! Was your 2015 in need of the valve adjustment or was it still in tolerable range ?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Blackroot wrote:Thank you ! Was your 2015 in need of the valve adjustment or was it still in tolerable range ?
Was not out of tolerance, + or - .001 and both intake and exhaust were equally under spec .001
I am tight and made no adjustment at the end of this playlist but show where and how to do it.
Blackroot

Post by Blackroot »

You are the gentleman that created that video. I watched some of that yesterday and I thought it was well done sir thank you. I wonder if when you finally got to the point when you remove the cylinder head cover and realized it didn't need an adjustment if you felt a little bit disappointed after going through all that work and documenting all the steps.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Blackroot, it was peace of mind and something that was going to haunt me if I didn't know given earlier models have reported wild measurements out of tolerance. My main boggle was the 2015 is a different animal altogether body wise so my dealership has little or no experience in taking this Honda down. This was an over whelming drive to learn this procedure for me as I did not want to be my mechanics first valve job and learning curve for 2015 PCX. I rest easy knowing the engine is as it should be and even easier knowing all was carefully removed and replaced after this process.

If you do this yourself mind the side stand and the battery bolt warnings in the tutorial and you will do a better job than me :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

In conclusion here is the actual adjustment if things aren't exactly the way you want them. Apparently the same for all GY6 engines.

Blackroot

Post by Blackroot »

Thank you. I have rebuilt VW beetle engines and the procedure is almost exactly the same for valve adjustments.
I would like to give you a big thanks for making Youtube videos of the steps to prepare the bike for an adjustment.
Your efforts will help countless other owners.
People like you are a tremendous gift to the do-it-yourselfer crowd.

Keep up the good work !

:D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Blackroot wrote:Thank you. I have rebuilt VW beetle engines and the procedure is almost exactly the same for valve adjustments.
I would like to give you a big thanks for making Youtube videos of the steps to prepare the bike for an adjustment.
Your efforts will help countless other owners.
People like you are a tremendous gift to the do-it-yourselfer crowd.

Keep up the good work !

:D
You are no stranger to this kind of work, that's good because it was my first time ;) I do see people viewing that tutorial on YT and the numbers climb... expecting legal notice from Honda any day now :lol:
Blackroot

Post by Blackroot »

If anything, Honda should pay you !
:lol:
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I bet some of their mechanics, not used to the new PCX, have learnt a thing or two :)