Adjustable Levers?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Adjustable Levers?

Post by iceman »

I find the front brake lever for my length of fingers is not great, especially now I have wind guards fitted which means my hand/fingers are more towards the inside half of the lever. The lhs rear brake lever is curved differently front the rhs and I have no issues with that, just the front brake lever. So, adjustable ones may be a good purchase.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gil wrote:Why do people install these? Do they have less play than the OEM ones?

By play do you mean up and down movement because you can shim that out on the standard levers.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

Gil wrote:Why do people install these? Do they have less play than the OEM ones?
Personally, the feel is better. The levers are shorter and adjustable and the throw/pull just seems stronger. Play is better similar to stock.

Number 1 reason, they just look better.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Conelite wrote:
Personally, the feel is better. The levers are shorter and adjustable and the throw/pull just seems stronger. Play is better similar to stock.

OK, I might just get a set then. I tend to pull on the brake levers from the inner part of the lever.
I don't like the vertical play of the stock levers though, that's the only thing that bothers me.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gil wrote:
Conelite wrote:

OK, I might just get a set then. I tend to pull on the brake levers from the inner part of the lever.
I don't like the vertical play of the stock levers though, that's the only thing that bothers me.

They generally have more play than stock as they have two pivot points rather than one.
jbecktahoe
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by jbecktahoe »

Does anyone have a link for the aftermarket brake alloy levers on Amazon, NOT the short ones ?
I'm looking for ones that ship from Amazon or from the US and not from China or out of the country...

Also, to answer the "why" question, I prefer this style of levers because they are thicker than the stock ones.
Being made of thicker aluminum, there is (slightly) more leverage and more comfort when you pull, and less of a feel of the lever digging into your fingers.

Thanks!
Conelite wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:46 pm I bought the Amazon ones. Work great. Much better than the stock ones.

20190516_200530.jpg