My beloved PCX

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

My beloved PCX

Post by Mgalutia88 »

For those of you that have some idea of what I have done to my pcx 150, I am selling it for a real bike. I have submitted to the request of my wife to get something larger to relieve some of her anxiety. My add can be found in the for sale section. It DOES cruise at an actual 75mph and gets 72-73 mpg at 70mph. The only internal engine mod at this point is a SP Takegawa cam with the decompression lobe installed so it starts like it should. It's well sorted and will be missed. Let me know if your interested.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: My beloved PCX

Post by SECoda »

You are moving to a more powerful larger bike to get relive of her anxiety? Not sure what you are referring to but you are probably the safest right now on your PCX according to the insurance stats.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Well, the insurance RATES would also disagree :D .

But perhaps we're confusing the cause for her anxiety, and she was actually worried he might get rear-ended because 75 mph is still too slow for the highways :D .
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Ah. Nothing I hate more - except maybe a head-on. :)
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

She has anxiety about my modifications of a "city bike" into a "highway bike". In her mind I might as well have attached a chainsaw motor to my bicycle with zip ties and said hey honey I'm going out on the highway. She woul rather me ride on the highway with something that was meant for the highway. I'm one of those guys that tinkers with everything. Julie is a wonderful angel sent from heaven that put up with my shit. :) Asking me to stop riding would be like saying I had to give up sex. All she is asking is for me to give up my small bike for a larger one. I can't really complain. I would keep it I it was not for financial reasons. I am one semester away from achieving my associates in engineering technology (there are only four bachelors programs in that field in the United States right now so I'm excited for my associates degree) and I have a promising oppertunity with Black and Veatch here in town. It's a time of new opportunities so I'm enjoying the possibilities. :)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Good luck Mike..Sad to see you move on but hope you will have a blast on your new machine.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

We shall see but my Mother is interested in buying it as something to ride around the local lake wih my Dad...
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

My honest opinions is you need both. o_O If mom buys it but it stays at your house all the better. :P