New Tires and New Mods....

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

RoederChan

New Tires and New Mods....

Post by RoederChan »

Hello, folks! How are you guys doing?
Just want to share something new on my PCX.

Before, I have changed the stock exhaust to a mugen stock and the pulley set (Kitaco)
[Check my previous post: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2043]
They gave me good experience but I want some more. :lol:

Therefore, I have do some more mods on it.
I have purchased:
<1> VARIATOR MULTIVAR 2000
http://www.malossistore.eu/en/products/ ... ASM&Type=M
<2> MAXI DELTA SYSTEM (Clutch BELL Ø 125)
http://www.malossistore.eu/en/products/ ... ASM&Type=M
<3> 31 Intake
http://japan.webike.net/products/9658855.html
<4> Pirelli Diablo

Now, all I could say is that the pcx take off faster and the top speed just had improved a little bit.
The tire is much better than the stock too. Here is the some photos of my PCX.
Attachments
Front...
Front...
WP_20141115_15_22_46_Pro_result.jpg (104.84 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
The new intake...
The new intake...
WP_20141115_15_22_22_Pro_result.jpg (262.46 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
New Tire...
New Tire...
WP_20141115_15_22_07_Pro_result.jpg (155.85 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
New Tire and the exhaust...
New Tire and the exhaust...
WP_20141115_15_21_59_Pro_result.jpg (188.05 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
WP_20141115_15_21_50_Pro_result.jpg
WP_20141115_15_21_50_Pro_result.jpg (174.13 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
The Bald IRC tire
The Bald IRC tire
WP_20140708_17_06_04_Pro_result.jpg (103.38 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
The Bald IRC tire
The Bald IRC tire
WP_20140708_17_05_45_Pro_result.jpg (92.29 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Re: New Tires and New Mods....

Post by sendler2112 »

Does that intake fill up with water when it rains? It looks like the rear tire is wearing very quickly.
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

sendler2112 wrote:Does that intake fill up with water when it rains? It looks like the rear tire is wearing very quickly.
That is one of the things that I worried about too. However, there isn't any rain in my area yet.
However, there is a filter inside it, so I think the water won't go in.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

RoederChan wrote:
sendler2112 wrote:Does that intake fill up with water when it rains? It looks like the rear tire is wearing very quickly.
That is one of the things that I worried about too. However, there isn't any rain in my area yet.
However, there is a filter inside it, so I think the water won't go in.
It would in Yorkshire...
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

That Diablo looks like the grip should be good, although to be fair the stock IRC's during this very wet and frosty weather in the UK seem to be better than was made out - at least for town use and 30-40 mph roads and bends. Getting a bid worried now with heavy rain and freezing over-night conditions - not good for early morning commuting.
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

Mr. RoederChan,

When we riding man? I see you near my work once in a while. Anyhow we should do a little ride or something, at least a meet n greet. Maybe we can get Scooterman out in Point Loma to cruse out. Bike is looking pretty darn good man. next mod should be the blinker relocation into the headlight. It's not that difficult, but time consuming of course.

http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3100
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

iceman wrote:That Diablo looks like the grip should be good, although to be fair the stock IRC's during this very wet and frosty weather in the UK seem to be better than was made out - at least for town use and 30-40 mph roads and bends. Getting a bid worried now with heavy rain and freezing over-night conditions - not good for early morning commuting.
Are bald tyres the evil we all fear? I know in the road bicycle world, slicks is the best tyres to use in the wet (and dry) not only for the better efficiency but they are the best at gripping the road as the gap created by treads on say a mountain bike would create pockets where the tyre doesn't touch the ground (we're talking pure tarmac conditions). If you slide on a road bike, it's more likely to be from things like painted lines and metal manholes or expansion joints on the road for which treaded tyres is still not going to save you anyway.

I remember a calculator that does the calculations on at what tyre width would you start to see aquaplaning but I can't seem to find it but anyway, would our cheese cutter width bald tyres be all that much of an issue if we're only say going at most 80km/h (4x odd mph).
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

iceman wrote: although to be fair the stock IRC's during this very wet and frosty weather in the UK seem to be better than was made out .
The stock IRC's are made out to be very good by me. I still have the original front on at 18,000 miles. They are exceptional on the CBR250R also with excellent wet grip and the rear lasted 12,000.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

SmellyTofu wrote:
iceman wrote:That Diablo looks like the grip should be good, although to be fair the stock IRC's during this very wet and frosty weather in the UK seem to be better than was made out - at least for town use and 30-40 mph roads and bends. Getting a bid worried now with heavy rain and freezing over-night conditions - not good for early morning commuting.
Are bald tyres the evil we all fear? I know in the road bicycle world, slicks is the best tyres to use in the wet (and dry) not only for the better efficiency but they are the best at gripping the road as the gap created by treads on say a mountain bike would create pockets where the tyre doesn't touch the ground (we're talking pure tarmac conditions). If you slide on a road bike, it's more likely to be from things like painted lines and metal manholes or expansion joints on the road for which treaded tyres is still not going to save you anyway.

I remember a calculator that does the calculations on at what tyre width would you start to see aquaplaning but I can't seem to find it but anyway, would our cheese cutter width bald tyres be all that much of an issue if we're only say going at most 80km/h (4x odd mph).
Worn tyres are more likely to get a puncture.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

I tend to let my tires wear really low but they do have a little less traction. The bigger problem is the flat spot around the middle. It give the handling an edgy feel as you bank in across the corner of the flat spot. I re-ground my rear tire on the CBR250R twice to round it off again.