Denali SoundBomb Compact Air Horn on FORZA

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Denali SoundBomb Compact Air Horn on FORZA

Post by drol343 »

Has anyone installed a Denali SoundBomb Compact Air Horn on their 2014 FORZA 300?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dena ... t-air-horn

Thanks!
drol343 (USA)
Dennis
2014 Honda FORZA NSS300A
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Denali SoundBomb Compact Air Horn on FORZA

Post by Mel46 »

I don't have a Forza but I installed a horn just like that on my pcx. I used a relay, which I connected to the original horn. Then I ran the other wires directly to the battery. Because the air horn needs a second to wind up, this will allow the original horn to kick in for that second. Makes an impressive sound!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

:lol: that's great, and at 45.00 well worth the fun of blowing it from a tiny scooter.

Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Mister_Fube »

Hi,

That horn looks identical to a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn. I installed a Stebel inside the front fairing of my Vespa GT200L myself, following a wiring diagram taken from a Vespa forum. Mounting wasn't easy, but in the end, I simply used a few plastic cable ties to fix it to a vertical section of the frame. There was a split second delay between pressing the button and hearing the horn, as the compressor spun up, but otherwise it was SUPER loud. It definitely worked drawing the attention of dozy or otherwise distracted drivers to my presence on the road. Mostly, they saw me and then looked around further to see where the loud horn was coming from, assuming that it couldn't possibly have been me... but nevertheless - job done.

Bringing this post back on relevance: although the stock horn on the Forza seems to be better than most stock Honda horns, it's still weedy compared to 2-tone air horn. I wanted to install another Stebel on my Forza, but without any wiring diagrams for the Forza to hand, or even, any real knowledge as to how to get up inside the front fairing, I decided to leave it to the professionals (in this case, my local Honda dealer). It was in getting heated grips for the winter, so I left my Stebel Nautilus Compact with them, along with the instructions to install it while they were in there, but only if it looked like it was going to be quick crimping job. At the end of the day, when collecting the scooter, the report was that there was no space under the fairing. Where there was space, there was nothing to which it could be attached (being quite heavy compared to the OEM horn, and therefore needing a much more sturdy fixing bracket).

So I am slightly disappointed, because at motorway speeds, I can't really hear my own horn over the wind noise in my helmet. Let me know if you attempt it yourself and discover anything my local mechanic did not.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nss300a_forza_abs/2014/mrfube/330690]Image