The Exhaust Thread.

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

danieljw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: RED

The Exhaust Thread.

Post by danieljw »

I thought it would be an idea to start this thread, after doing extensive research, i have seen putting the right pipe on the honda pcx is improving the performance quiet abit. I have seen on various other sites, forums youtube etc, people are squeezing extra hp from the pcx engine taking it from 11 to around the 14+ mark.

The idea here is to post up what pipe you have and what it did for your bike, in order to get a small database going for other people to look upon and help other people make the right decision. dyne graphs would be even better :)
Honda PCX125 - 1000miles

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: The Exhaust Thread.

Post by SECoda »

Good question. I think the 2013 150 is around 13.5 HP and I would be curious as to the HP changes are expected for each pipe as well. I see 10% thrown around frequently. 20% would be significant indeed.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

5-8% power gain is sort of the standard for an aftermarket exhaust when properly tuned, or after the EFI adjusts to it.

I have the Takegawa Power Silent Oval. It has a catalytic converter in it as well, but is more free flowing. Looks to be about an 8% peak gain when looking at the dyno chart advertised with it. I could potentially see a straight thru non-catted exhaust being both lighter and possibly more effective, but also much louder. Works well on my scooter and allowed me to hit top speed with more ease and maintain it better.

Unfortunately, we live in a country where most people don't ride scooters and very few mod them. And due to the language barrier, can't really figure out what exhausts actually work well for our bikes that are made/sold overseas.

I usually put an exhaust on everything I own both to save some weight and gain some performance.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I would like to hear how much louder please
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Homie, you talking to me? It's not much louder than stock if you're asking about mine. Surprisingly quiet. Exhaust audios are hard to judge. There is one of my exhaust by another user on youtube. Exhaust was $255 shipped from Webike. (Bought 2 at once to get free shipping). There was no tax of course, and no customs fees to California from Japan.

I still would like to fab up a custom one using the stock header and an aftermarket canister for cheap to see if any more gains can be had by going with a straight thru canister. I know a few more lbs could be saved.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

ScooterMan wrote:Homie, you talking to me? It's not much louder than stock if you're asking about mine. Surprisingly quiet. Exhaust audios are hard to judge. There is one of my exhaust by another user on youtube.
Well any video of your exhaust thumping would be a starting point to get some idea. Just run it on the stand outside is good enough. Unlike the sound of geared cycles a twist and go from 0 to full throttle on the stand would pretty much let me know if this was anything I'd be interested in.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Hey, that's my videos..:)
Btw takegawa oval doesn't have a cat. I ripped mine apart to take it out but found no cat..
Header pipe is joined with the can which continues with a same diameter pipe inside for further 3/4 lengths where it's cut off and from there fills out the can with pressure. There are two same size pipes that take the pressurised gasses out which go from from 3/4 down inside the can out to the final chamber at the near top that has just a single exit hole. It's no frill design, but works well.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

sounds ok, has a hand made look with the rivets and all, looks like the tin mans exhaust. Anything out there for PCX a little more refined?
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

FWIW, I put the NCY Variator and face plate on my 2013 150, then progressively lightened the rollers down to 12.5gr. It was good but still not as much acceel and top end as I was looking for (which may be a reach without some enging mods), so Scooterman and I put the Silent Oval exhausts on, which was the next loggical step for me. I didn't have a tach on yet, but had an easier time getting the scoot to and maintaining 65mph after the exhaust install on my normal cruising routes. Between all of that and the filter swap I did, I have the the scoot pulling hard at all speeds around 7900 to 8200 rpms.

Tonight I cruised home from Iowa City with a tail wind and averaged 73 mph to the Quad Cities. Not bad with my tall screen and Givi E370 on the tail.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I could live with this one if it was available

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

That Leo Vince header would scrape like a bitch on right corners..I'd stay away from that.
If that's the sound you're after, check out my Wirus Win exhaust on my Chanel, has awesome sound and it's excellent workmanship quality. It's also fairly well priced..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Very good exhaust. Guy that races Pcx in Japan is using this exhaust and on his blog he has tried and tested lot of performance parts but this is the exhaust he sticks by...check out the power graph..
http://japan.webike.net/products/21240546.html

Same exhaust but for version 1 pcx, see in the photo how they've tucked in the header pipe under the radiator making it nice and snug under there...its made for race and to avoid scraping on the hard right corners.
http://japan.webike.net/products/21240541.html
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Pcxdemon wrote:check out my Wirus Win exhaust on my Chanel, has awesome sound and it's excellent workmanship quality. It's also fairly well priced..
Can't find a link in your profile to your channel or blog... Here is a decent looking pipe with great a sound;
The Devil muffler :lol: made ​​in France

Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

Pcxdemon wrote:Very good exhaust. Guy that races Pcx in Japan is using this exhaust and on his blog he has tried and tested lot of performance parts but this is the exhaust he sticks by...check out the power graph..
http://japan.webike.net/products/21240546.html

Same exhaust but for version 1 pcx, see in the photo how they've tucked in the header pipe under the radiator making it nice and snug under there...its made for race and to avoid scraping on the hard right corners.
http://japan.webike.net/products/21240541.html
Looks good, I guess the dyno numbers must be at the rear wheel, but the numbers are nice, a two hp increase is great. Both the exhausts that you posted say that they are for the Japan model only, not sure what that means unfortunately. Looking for one to fit the standard 2013 pcx150 and all I find is the Blade RS, it has no dyno info so I don't know what the comparison is. All of those foreign parts websites are so hard to navigate.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

homie wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:check out my Wirus Win exhaust on my Chanel, has awesome sound and it's excellent workmanship quality. It's also fairly well priced..
Can't find a link in your profile to your channel or blog...

http://youtu.be/qnvhpnmWoSE
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Pcxdemon wrote:
homie wrote:
Can't find a link in your profile to your channel or blog...

http://youtu.be/qnvhpnmWoSE
OH DUDE what's wrong with that! sounds great! looks great! You need to plug one of the bolt holes up with something but DAHAM! I need your suspension first though, yea it's those shocks next my put is performing so well I have to stop or I'm going to get a ticket.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

That's without little buffle inserts, you can see them on the floor next to the scooter. With them it quiets down a notch but still retains the great sound..
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Pcxdemon wrote:That's without little buffle inserts, you can see them on the floor next to the scooter. With them it quiets down a notch but still retains the great sound..
Its very... throaty, people would know you were in proximity.
I LIKE IT!
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

the leo doesnt last well here in washington mine broke multiple times and sheared, that being said i do ride it pretty hard. yes it scraped alot now im just running a gutted stocker (its VERY LOUD).
DISOBEDIENCE CREW