Folding mirrors

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

rickythe2
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Folding mirrors

Post by rickythe2 »

The mirrors on my PCX keep moving whilst riding, I think this is because I have to fold them in to get through my garden gate, are there any good quality folding mirrors suitable for fuss free riding even though I have to fold them in after every ride, thanks
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by you you »

rickythe2 wrote:The mirrors on my PCX keep moving whilst riding, I think this is because I have to fold them in to get through my garden gate, are there any good quality folding mirrors suitable for fuss free riding even though I have to fold them in after every ride, thanks
Can you modify your garden gate?
rickythe2

Post by rickythe2 »

I was hoping changing the mirrors would be an easier than knocking down walls
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I have a similar problem. I have to go in at an angle and turn the bars slightly to get through.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I don't know where you reside ricky ,but member ahmadmatjan sells folded LED mirrors. I would love a pair myself, but he is far far away. Would cost me many U.S. Dollars to arrive at my door.
You may be closer? :roll:
It would be beneficial for you to add your location so we could all help you appropriately. You can add yours quickly by following the directions right below this post.
Yep, folded mirrors would be a great convenience to have when storing your bike. Just fold those ears out of harms way ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
rickythe2

Post by rickythe2 »

I'm in Wales U.K. I've been hunting around eBay but unsure of the quality, pointless having good looking ones if they vibrate so much you can't see behind you...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We fold our mirrors in to get through our gate also. I carry an adjustable wrench to tighten them down just before i ride. I put the wrench under the seat, wrapped in a paper towel so it won't rattle while i ride. It has come in handy because the mirrors sometimes vibrate loose while riding. It only takes a moment to stop and tighten it. I have also used the wrench to tighten other things that have come loose. It is just nice to have some tools for minor inconveniences.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

They cost a bit , but look at " Double Take " mirrors .
Look at the Motorcycle Superstore or Bike Bandit . There are cheeper alternatives out there , just can't remember the names . The above mirrors and vendors are used frequently by the TW200 riders .
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

Forgot to add , figure out what size threads the pcx mirrors use and be sure to specify , right hand or left handed threads when ordering.