So I just splurged

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

So I just splurged

Post by Branyers »

I'm swapping out my Takegawa Silent Sports muffler for this beauty:

I will be taking delivery of it mid-November. Can't wait to get it installed. Yoshi makes some amazing items, always very pricey but oozing quality.

That said, anyone interested in my Takegawa pipe? It comes with the carbon print protector.

vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: So I just splurged

Post by vamootsman »

How much do you want for it?
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

$150 shipped. If I don't get any takers here, I will list it on eBay.
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

How long has it been on your bike?
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

I bought the bike new just this past May. Put the Takky exhaust on about a month after I bought it. I will get pics if there is any serious interest here. Pipe has no rust, in very nice shape (I keep my machine very clean.)
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

FWIW, I also still have my stock pipe which is basically still new. It is for sale if anyone would like to experiment with it. I will let it go for $100 shipped.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

You may want to hang onto the stock pipe until after you mount up the new one. THe Yosh should be a lot louder than the Tak even with the silencer in (if it comes with one). Plus, in the future, when/if you sell your scoot, the Yosh may not add any additional value to most buyers but will still be worth something on here. =)

I wouldn't mind the stock exhaust as I was looking into fabbing up a 2nd one using the stock header and cutting it off at the 1 1/4" section just before the muffler. But by the time I do all that work and pay...might as well just buy one already made that again, will at some point actually be "sellable." =)
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

Here are some specs on the Yoshi pipe: Proximity Stationary Noise Volume: 87dB/4250rpm(PCX150eSP); Acceleration Noise Volume: 79dB(PCX150eSP)

This vs. 82dB for the Takky pipe. A little bit louder, but hopefully not enough to wake the neighbors on those early mornings to work.

I think you are correct though, the Yoshi pipe will not increase the resale value, but it shouldn't affect it either. Honestly I don't really see myself selling this scoot. If I do, it will likely be to a family member.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Not sure where you got your DB ratings from, but this page is saying 95 and 97db.

http://shop.yoshimura-jp.com/en/product ... p?id=15494

Also, where'd you get it from...price?
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I have the same Yoshi, it looks and sounds the best, imho.
If you decide to take out the db killer, there are 2 pipes of them inside, take off both!
I took off only first and noticed some rattle sound but couldn't identify where it comes from for a year :)
And the hex bolt that fixes these db killers is pita to take out, use a good quality key and do this job carefully.
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

How is the volume level with the baffles removed? Not obnoxiously loud I hope.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Not that crazy loud, absolutely fine, just right loudness! On cruising it is absolutely not annoying.
On my taste this is the best possible exhaust ever made :) Very nice and deep sound!
Yoshimura tri-oval, that comes for earlier pcx125s sounds more aggressive! I wish to buy those, but it doesn't come for eSP engines.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Reaper, is this exhaust straight thru? or, is it catalyzed?
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

How about performance? Did you notice any difference after installing it? Yoshi website indicates a very mild improvement....
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Yoshi is a straight thru, and you will notice some smell without a cat. Performance-wise, you definately will feel a bit improvement on top speeds, it will accelerate faster after the 55mph . 0-60 time will be the same. This is because the pcx vario let the engine go 8000-8500 rpm only after the 55mph, and this exhaust is designed to catch some noticable hp only at this peak rpm area.
If you change the vario weights or change the primary vario to the aftermarket one, you will catch around 2 secs in 0-60mph, because the engine will run at peak power rpm (8000-8500) right from the start, plus, with a good exhaust like this yoshi, the engine will be in 8000-8500rpm right from the start, so the acceleration will be even better!

But, imho, pcx comes well balanced right from the factory, people buy it for best mileage per gallon, not for racing. So it is up to you which way to go. As for me this yoshi pipe is a great looking beauty piece first, that greatly changes the look of my bike. And I just falled in love to this bike, when I saw it in 2011 for the first time :) That's why I decided to go for all the money, and just installed the 190cc bbk, that gave it 19+ hp at the wheel (OE is 8hp). Still didn't ride it yet, waiting for a warm weather, I am sure my pcx will kick ass!
gohjohan

Post by gohjohan »

I've got the cheapest Yoshi exhaust and no regrets. I'm still pondering about removing the dB killer but after thinking of this quote from my physics teacher

"If it works, leave it!"

I decided to let the silencers remain, especially since the fuel economy has improved over the stock exhaust!