First post!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TrishPK
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Red

First post!

Post by TrishPK »

Hey y'all, I have been lurking on the forums for some time. What a treasure trove of information! I'm Trish, and I have been wanting a scooter off an on in a haphazard way for 15 years or more. Spent some time in Italy last year, and was amazed at the number and variety of scooters and riders! This past summer, as a present to me for the big 5-0, I found and fell in love with, and purchased a 2013 Honda PCX 150. Previous owner had taken meticulous care of it, and had installed a Givi windscreen. I have had an absolute ball riding this baby! I know you all know what I mean!

I've been riding her to work (I work about 8 miles away) at the hospital, and I know they are making a bit of fun at my expense (biker mama), because I do wear protective gear. Riding to and from work is such a joy, wakes me up and invigorates me for the day, and after a tough day, it soothes me, relaxes me and helps me wind down until I get home. Again, I know you all know what I mean!

I'd like to continue riding even after the season starts to turn. Night is coming earlier, so I have ordered some ½" reflective tape to add some more visibility to my baby. I need to figure out some ways to incorporate accessories so I can continue to ride as it gets colder and wetter.

When I was in Italy last year, and saw the large numbers of riders, I realized that for many people, this is their main form of transportation, year round. I saw all sorts of neat looking rain gear that attached to the scooters, one type made it look like a chariot, so that one's legs were encased in a sort of protective "cubbyhole". Any ideas of what that is called?

I'm really glad to have found this forum; I have seen few other scooter riders around here, and all the others that I have seen are the Vespa/Stella/Buddy type, vs. the PCX.

All the best!
TrishPK in OK
- '13 PCX 150 (first ride!)
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: First post!

Post by Steph »

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Do a search on Tucano Urbano leg covers.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Welcome.

I know you only have two or three trees in OK, but watch out for wet leaves on the road this time of year. Nasty buggers on occasion. That's a joke by the way, the trees part. I'm not that far north of you. I'm from Pennsylvania originally, where they have real trees, not these bushes they call trees around Kansas City. But I digress...

If it's anything down your way like it is here, this time of year you start getting mornings where the roads are wet but it didn't rain. It cools off enough overnight that the moisture condenses on the road and is still there early AM. Take care on this kind of road surface when riding a fairly light and small-tired vehicle like a scooter. The roads get really greasy when that moisture gets on the little oily center part of the pavement where cars and trucks drip oil, especially at intersections. You can go down pretty quick if you're not on the ball.

Sorry if you've been riding for decades and I have come across as patronizing. Didn't mean that, but sounded by your post like you may not have ridden much prior to your PCX, so just throwing that out there since I noticed some of the streets were wet and slippery this morning on my way home from work.

Good to see someone from my general area (global perspective) here.
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I live in heavy woods and hills and the leaves and various nuts (besides the drivers) on the roads can be a real hazard. o_O
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

welcome to the forums Trish,
very nice first post, I think mine was also.... perky
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Well well then, congrats on joining us and on yer Red scoot. First time around and What's there Not to Love, right? Oh the Power of the PCX :P Before Ya know it You're one & married. Hard to divorce. That's Honda's game and we're all playing :P Cheers Trish!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

SECoda, get that dang NCY variator installed. I want to know what you think about it. lol
'88 BMW R100RT
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

SECoda wrote:I live in heavy woods and hills and the leaves and various nuts (besides the drivers) on the roads can be a real hazard. o_O
Oh my Gosh! you guys and the nearly too late for noob rider LEAVES post... I nearly busted my azz rolling down my leaf covered driveway today. Is there anything else you people want to report before I have to post myself on the survivors list?
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Just did a 75 mile scenic tour in the fall colors and it is 80 F here today. I know I know. I am waiting for bad weather. :oops:

Also, I order those rollers you pointed out on Ebay. Should I add those too?

kcpcx wrote:SECoda, get that dang NCY variator installed. I want to know what you think about it. lol
Last edited by SECoda on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Welcome to the forum! You're going to love your PCX and here you will learn a lot about it ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Jarec
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Jarec »

Welcome, Trish. My setup is just like yours, just turned 1000 miles and loving it. Happy riding!
Current ride
2013 PCX150

Former rides
Yamaha c3
Honda CB360
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums. Glad you joined us!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

we are liking pictures here Trish... it doesn't matter we seen one we seen them all.