Tuning the Forza 300 CVT

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your Forza. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

40jack

Re: Tuning the Forza 300 CVT

Post by 40jack »

Is it possible to put a 300cc unit into the forza 125cc? Thanks.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

In short, not possible.
CamboForza
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by CamboForza »

This is all so interesting.

I tested tonight on my stock 2015 NSS300 Forza and at WOT from standing or moving is about 6000rpm.

I am thinking of ordering SR2318/6-17 or 23x18 17g Dr Pulley Sliders.

This is the correct part??
Honda Forza 300
YSS Front and Rear Upgrade
19 Gram Sliders
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

That's the correct numbers for DR Pulley 17 gram sliding rollers.

Just be sure your mechanic installs them correctly.

Just this past weekend, I worked on a Forza that wouldn't reach 80mph after installing 6 x 17gr sliders.
I found exactly what I expected….the sliders were installed reversed.

The rider had put several hundred miles in this configuration and the clutches were well glazed with the clutch bell deep blue from heat.

In this configuration (6 sliders all laying on their side) if there is any wear on the drive belt, you can reach a point where the belt is essentially unloaded at idle....
you don't have enough roller height to maintain belt tension.
Now you have to over-rev to the max every time you pull out, overworking the clutches.

For this reason alone, if you have any doubts, I strongly suggest rollers! :)

For all their faults, you can't install rollers wrong even if you try.

If you DO use sliders study this picture and make sure your mechanic does as well.

CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

Cheers yes I have seen what you are talking about. I'll make sure I install them correctly. I have also ordered 19g ones while I was at it so I can see which suits me best. I ended up ordering from the factory in Taiwan. They were quick to reply and their English is good. $77 USD including postage for both sets and PayPal free included in that as well. Shipped to Australia. I'll report back when I get them and install them.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

CamboForza wrote:Cheers yes I have seen what you are talking about. I'll make sure I install them correctly. I have also ordered 19g ones while I was at it so I can see which suits me best. I ended up ordering from the factory in Taiwan. They were quick to reply and their English is good. $77 USD including postage for both sets and PayPal free included in that as well. Shipped to Australia. I'll report back when I get them and install them.

Could you post the website and email address so others can do the same?
CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

Sure... Now the website looks like it uses Flash. So it may not work on a phone but it will work on a windows PC.

http://unionmaterial.com

I spoke to a guy called Daniel.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders
cheapeto

Post by cheapeto »

WOW great thread again BRed!! Every change I made you suggested for the Big Ruckus (years ago now) has been gold. Glad to see you still around. I do miss riding with you guys. Take care.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

CamboForza wrote:Sure... Now the website looks like it uses Flash. So it may not work on a phone but it will work on a windows PC.

http://unionmaterial.com

I spoke to a guy called Daniel.
Cheers
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

Cheapeto!
Since TotalRuckus expired, I've lost touch with a lot of Ruck riders.

We (the original Big Ruckus riders from TR) still ride for about a week every year around the full moon in June...this year was number 10!

NC-CoN has a different look these days.....
there aren't as many Rucks these days, but still a few Big Rucks most years.
now instead of having a rally in one town for 5 days and riding around that locality, we roll....
each day we ride to a new town and stay the night then ride to a new town, etc. repeat 5 times!

This year we rode south to Savannah, Ga., then up the coast, ferry to the OBX, then northward to Kitty Hawk, then west again.
mostly secondary roads to avoid the 75mph crowd....the secondaries are fast enough!

We did about 1200 miles in 6 days.

PM me your contact info and I'll let you know where and when we ride next year, if you'd like to join us....
CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

OK, so last week I installed the 17g Dr Pulley sliders.

Well, the revs and noise increase at WOT.
It feels more responsive and at low speed it is much better such as riding up ramps in car parks or really slow traffic.
I have yet been able to give it a good run on the highway and I haven't done a 0-100kmh time.
From what I can find the stock 0-100kmh time is around 10 sec. I wasn't able to measure it before I put the sliders in.
I may test the 19g sliders I bought after these run in a bit more.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders
Lennstang
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Lennstang »

I just purchased a bunch of clutch goodies from Scooterpartsco.com. I went with the Malossi MHR clutch kit. This includes the Delta clutch and bell, primary spring and weights, kevlar belt, and outer pulley. Being a snowmobiler for years, I very familiar with CVT clutches and how to tune them. I noticed the Forza is very sluggish on take off and doesn't reach it's peak RPMs until you start approaching top speed. This is because the clutching is upshifting too fast. I believe this is because Honda tuned this scooter more for economy than acceleration/fun.This kit should allow me to "tune" the clutching to achieve peak rpm's when @ full throttle, regardless of speed. I'll report my results once I've got everything installed.
Lennstang
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Lennstang »

Just finished up installing the clutch kit. Wow, what a difference! RPMs now go right to 7500 and it accelerates great. As I approached 70 mph the RPMs almost reached 8000. Before I installed the clutch kit, I could only reach 45 mph up my hill from my house. Now I'm hitting almost 60 mph in the same distance. Clutch also engages higher which helps with the initial hit of the throttle. I highly recommend this kit for anyone looking to wake up their Forza 300. My wife will be happy with her new ride. :)
sesdave

Post by sesdave »

Hi - anyone tried Dr pullleys in the Forza 2018 model? Thinking of selling my old forza and getting one so interested to see how it goes with Dr pulleys. I am am presuming it uses same Sliders as the old model as it looks like it is the same engine.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Lennstang. You still using the stock roller weight with that new setup?
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

sesdave wrote:Hi - anyone tried Dr pullleys in the Forza 2018 model? Thinking of selling my old forza and getting one so interested to see how it goes with Dr pulleys. I am am presuming it uses same Sliders as the old model as it looks like it is the same engine.
I've put 17g Tech Pulley sliders as bought them by mistake instead of Dr Pulley from Big Scooter Shop. Its similar design and material and my 2018 Forza feels more lively now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

CamboForza wrote:OK, so last week I installed the 17g Dr Pulley sliders.

Well, the revs and noise increase at WOT.
It feels more responsive and at low speed it is much better such as riding up ramps in car parks or really slow traffic.
I have yet been able to give it a good run on the highway and I haven't done a 0-100kmh time.
From what I can find the stock 0-100kmh time is around 10 sec. I wasn't able to measure it before I put the sliders in.
I may test the 19g sliders I bought after these run in a bit more.

OK, so the 17g sliders were fine around town and 60km-80km was really impressive, and highway was ok. Highway speeds dropped going up hill and were fine going downhill so I think it wasn't able to stay locked and fuel went to 4.6l / 100km on the uphill leg to 3.6 on the return leg.

So I put the 19g in and around town it feels better and I will report back on the highway driving soon.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders
sesdave

Post by sesdave »

lolofigo wrote:
sesdave wrote:Hi - anyone tried Dr pullleys in the Forza 2018 model? Thinking of selling my old forza and getting one so interested to see how it goes with Dr pulleys. I am am presuming it uses same Sliders as the old model as it looks like it is the same engine.
I've put 17g Tech Pulley sliders as bought them by mistake instead of Dr Pulley from Big Scooter Shop. Its similar design and material and my 2018 Forza feels more lively now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Hi - are the stock variator weights in the new 2018 forza 19gm not 21 gm like the older model
CamboForza

Post by CamboForza »

Ok, so after a year or so on the 19g sliders, I reckon they are the perfect weight for me. Better acceleration and more response mid range and top speed is the same.

Fuel economy is no different and my last highway runs over 400km I got 3.5l / 100km. or 67MPG (US). Around town it runs maybe 4 to 4.5 depending on how much WOT I use.

Definitely something to have a go with, cheap, easy and fast.
Honda Forza 300
19 Gram Sliders
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300

Post by Austins »

So comparing Dr. Pulley 17g and 19g what differences do you get, I assume with 17g get more acceleration at lower speeds but loose some top speed...!? ( This is true for standard rollers , so I wonder if the same on Dr. Pulley...).

No need to mention fuel consumption, this does not really matter to me, Forza doesn't use much in any case...