Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by SECoda »

Well after sitting on the Forza more than several times waiting for the recall fix I decided it may need the seat back pushed rearward a little for the longer touring (up to maybe 300 miles at the extreme) I plan on doing for better leg room. From some comments on Facebook it appears that MP.MOTOR may do Forza seats now but not really sure. I inquired to them to find out and will post what I find out. ;)

The new PCX seat has spoiled me.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I heard from Visalinee at MP.Motor. The good news is he can and does do custom Forza seats. The bad news is that he has to buy the frames from Honda directly OEM and they are very expensive. That raises the seat price way up compared to a PCX. :cry:
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Ohhhh.... given that in these countries they sell lots of PCXs and only some Forzas, it's very unlikely that they get a "non oem" supplier for the seat frames... :roll:
2015 Honda PCX 125
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Yes. Forza's seem to be considered a large bike over there for urban commuting. I plan on testing the Forza seat thoroughly before making any decisions. My local upholsterer will redo the existing seat for about $150 if worse comes to worse. I am hoping the Forza seat may be usable as-is. It is definitely more comfortable during the test rides I did than the original 2013 hump seat that was on my PCX and there is no hump and the stock Forza back support is similar to the MP.MOTOR seat I purchased. We tape measured the leg room as roughly 1" more than the 2015 PCX's my dealer now has. I don't believe the Forza really needs a new seat as badly as the PCX did except for taller folks for comfort sake.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Let's hope that you don't need to modify the original Forza seat, so you can avoid spending the extra $$! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I just ran the tracking number through the U.S. Postal Service website. The seat reached New York, NY on November 15th, and it hasn't moved since then. MP Motor also sent me a note to confirm that it had reached the United States . I hope it is only Buffalo that has the snow problem, but if so...what are they doing with my seat?? I don't want to say that they are slow, but it has been in one spot for 9 days!!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
rdonahe
Color: Black

Post by rdonahe »

I went ahead and ordered a humpless seat from MP Motor. It has been made and is now on the way. Here's the pic:

I'm guessing it'll be the better part of a month before it gets here but am looking forward to a decent seat...
-Roger

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

rdonahe wrote:I went ahead and ordered a humpless seat from MP Motor. It has been made and is now on the way. Here's the pic:

I'm guessing it'll be the better part of a month before it gets here but am looking forward to a decent seat...

Doesn't look like there is a lot of padding on that. Unless it's just the camera angle?
rdonahe
Color: Black

Post by rdonahe »

you you wrote: Doesn't look like there is a lot of padding on that. Unless it's just the camera angle?
Hoping it's just the camera angle. I'll post a review when it gets here and I get it on the scoot.
-Roger

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:I just ran the tracking number through the U.S. Postal Service website. The seat reached New York, NY on November 15th, and it hasn't moved since then. MP Motor also sent me a note to confirm that it had reached the United States . I hope it is only Buffalo that has the snow problem, but if so...what are they doing with my seat?? I don't want to say that they are slow, but it has been in one spot for 9 days!!
Take heart Mel, was it SECoda who also ordered a seat and it seemed to take an extended period of time once it arrive States side. Patience is a virtue. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Hey kramnala, whilst we wait for seats what is that hood (over or replacing) your windscreen called technically. I don't find them because I don't know how to search one. I like those 8)
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Mel46,

I went through the same issue. The USPS does not track the package once it hits New York and you see that last scan. I would think it should be close by now.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My seat just arrived! It is beautiful. I have to go to the basement and dig out one of my old seats to get the rubber seal from it because these seats from Thailand don't come with them. Then I can install it and take some pictures. I had some stuff tied down on my other custom seat that is on the bike now and it wrinkled on the edges. I'm sure it will go back to its normal shape now that I have removed the tied down items. I will take pictures of both seats shortly.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Great news! Look forward to pictures... I love my seat. I can ride very comfortable for hours now and it looks great.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Here is my new seat. It looks nice AND the back support is just where i need it. I love this seat!
20141126_143502.jpg
20141126_143502.jpg (20.39 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

20141126_143530.jpg
20141126_143530.jpg (24.28 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
Here is my seat with my new tank bag. Great combination. I'm a happy biker.....aside from the fact that i can't ride at the moment because of my recent surgery.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

That seat is cool! Is that tank bag available in black?
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

They are beautiful seats. Wait until you ride it.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote:Hey kramnala, whilst we wait for seats what is that hood (over or replacing) your windscreen called technically. I don't find them because I don't know how to search one. I like those 8)
I'm not sure what they call them. I got it off the shelf at a shop here in Bangkok. They replace the windscreen. This means you can't added a taller windscreen unless you get one that mounts to the handle bars. It is not a bother to me though because I only ride in the city and rarely get above 40 mph.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

The tank bag comes in black and hi-viz yellow. I wanted the hi-viz so no one would steal it since i am not going to tie it down. It fits nice and tight and has 3 rubber extensions to keep it in place. The price was extremely inexpensive. It has a clear panel in front with a pocket for a gps, but for those who don't want to put a gps there, it would work well for a speaker for music...or other things.
There was a thread on it on this forum. That's how i discovered it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150