Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by Steph »

Very nice!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Number three. Remember that the modified seat above with the rest slid back has a more significant angle to the back support laying back than stock. It is quite a bit steeper so it looks different. I did a little bouncing and moving around and getting rid of that hump is a God send. This back support is soft (I should take a picture of the bottom but it is all molded fill and no hard plastic). Also, the padding EVERYWHERE is much more significant and comfortable. A long ride test will be next but I am very optimistic at this point. I do think moving the support back for taller folks makes sense. I don't know what height exactly yet.

Lastly, this view makes it appear that the seam symmetry is off. It is not. Use this view to look at the symmetry.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... =80#p49302

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Ok - I gave it the speed bump test that kills me with the hump. Very nice. Why didn't Honda do this? The back support starts about 5/8" further back than the stock seat hump does but rises at a sharper angle but gives. It really functions as a real back support! Image that. Hitting the high bump at 50 mph on the highway near by only slides me up a bit (since there is more padding the impact relatively mild now) and then back down well within the length of the back support. No painful hump landings anymore! Generally, the seat is noticeably more comfortable and the front snout is a bit lower (thank you God) - maybe more important for men? o_O

That's my story and I am sticking to it. If you have seen the movie Office Space where they beat the printer to pieces I may just do that with the old hump seat. (just kidding) I keep all of my original parts so I can always restore them if need be.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Last email from Visalinee.... I told him I will provide some good pictures outside in the daylight tomorrow for Facebook.

Hello Brant,

Thank you so much for your information.
That is very good news for us.
Possible, we would like ask for your motorcycle photo to post on our Facebook. ^_^

Best regards
Visalinee.
MP.MOTOR
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I was trying to determine why the angle of the back brace looks so steep. Then i realized that i had asked them to add extra padding, somewher around 2 inches total, so the seat now has a lot of padding where i will be sitting. I am looking forward to the arrival of that seat. I heard from them today and the seat has been shipped. Yeah!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Great. My seat was shipped on 10/20/2014 and arrived on 11/06/2014 so just two days north of two weeks from Thailand. I think that is very good.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Looks great, and must be really comfy!!! They are going to sell lots of seats, I'm sure, and even more if they customise the seat, if necessary ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My wife says that if this new seat turns out to be as comfortable as it looks, then she might order a custom one for herself. She is short...5 ft....but she says that the custom seat she has right now feels just an inch or so short, and she has to stand up and move around some while riding. She is much more comfortable right now on the seat she currently has than i am on mine. Still, i guess we are all looking for the most comfortable seat we can find, and it is finally great to find someone who can give us a custom one. I hope we can all get custom ones. Wouldn't that be great!?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

With a Forza coming soon my wife will be riding the PCX with the new seat more and she is 5'4". I would not want any more room at this point or she might be sliding back too far. She tried it last night and said she is just forward of the support in the most comfortable position to keep her feet on the mats with her short legs. :lol:
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Having a custom seat in one's bike is a very good thing! We wouldn't even think about purchasing a car whose seat and steering column wouldn't adjust in every possible direction, but we, motorcyclists, are only offered adjustability in very expensive motorcycles and in some occasions, paying extra dollars (Gold Wings, some BMWs...) :x :x :x

When I modified my seat, I improved in every way: better seating position, more comfortable, improved visibility, and it seems even to absorb potholes better , because of the extra foam! :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I will take a few pictures when the temp climbs a bit higher. We had 28 F this morning and a hard frost which is unusual for us this early. I hope it isn't a sign of the winter weather to come. o_O
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

One of the photos I sent to MP.Motor.
20141107_101808sm.jpg
20141107_101808sm.jpg (120.82 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

SECoda wrote:I will take a few pictures when the temp climbs a bit higher. We had 28 F this morning and a hard frost which is unusual for us this early. I hope it isn't a sign of the winter weather to come. o_O

A chill pushing in next week, we don't have much more time to ride our new stuff... :cry: that's a very pretty seat
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

It's even better in person. The buttons are very recessed and the pads raised similar to an Air Hawk. It is really compfy. They have a lot of neat seats at this point on their Facebook site under photos.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HONDA-PC ... 0531068934

He posted mine just now!!! (I just sent him some better ones - lol)
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

He's got some sweet seats!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I rode for nearly two hours yesterday and will probably do the same today since it is supposed be in the low to mid 60s. I can sit comfortably on that seat for hours. What a difference. Bumps no longer matter.
Seekerfortyfour

Post by Seekerfortyfour »

I ordered a new seat from Powered By PCX in Thailand and received it about 3-1/2 weeks later. I've got it installed on my PCX and I am very pleased with the seat. I was a bit leery when first ordering it but the whole transaction worked out very well. :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

SECoda wrote: I can sit comfortably on that seat for hours. What a difference. Bumps no longer matter.
I just backed out about 6-7lbs of air from the balloons... has the same effect. Was 60 in Chicago land too 8)
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

SECoda wrote:I rode for nearly two hours yesterday and will probably do the same today since it is supposed be in the low to mid 60s. I can sit comfortably on that seat for hours. What a difference. Bumps no longer matter.
Your new seat looks great! Is the pan the same as the original? i.e. Do you have the same storage space? My current helmet JUST fits.

Thanks!

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Its a different pan without the hump protrusion. Storage is similar but my helmet didn't fit with the hump seat.