Max speed, vario & rollers

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

piolob
Year: 125 cc MY2015
Color: red

Re: Max speed, vario & rollers

Post by piolob »

sendler2112 wrote:
piolob wrote:Is it giving you any aerodynamic help?
Top speed in a tuck was about the same but riding in the rain is obviously much better with the windshield.
And top speed in normal riding position?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

piolob wrote:And top speed in normal riding position?
Don't know. Any time I am riding over 50 mph I crouch forward out of the wind.
piolob

Post by piolob »

sendler2112 wrote:
piolob wrote:And top speed in normal riding position?
Don't know. Any time I am riding over 50 mph I crouch forward out of the wind.
Ok, thanks for all the info :) ;)
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

You need to use the 10.5 gr rollers with the multivar, ive tried lots of combinations and 10.5 is the sweet spot, also as people are saying the screen will help, i have the ermax + 25, its a must in my opinion, it stops my large frame from acting as an airbrake!

My top speeds are:

84mph(135km) on the stand
80mph(128) no headwind slight downhil
73mph(117km) on a flat no headwind
65mph(104km) guaranteed unless uphill
Acceleration from 0 to 50/60mph seems very quick, 60 to top speed can take an age depending on conditions. A decent after market exhaust should help mid to top range.
Although they are the MAX speeds on the speedo im sure it will be out, probably over by around 5mph.
What year is your pcx?
Did you buy the malossi designed for your specific pcx?
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
piolob

Post by piolob »

buddy1976 wrote:You need to use the 10.5 gr rollers with the multivar, ive tried lots of combinations and 10.5 is the sweet spot, also as people are saying the screen will help, i have the ermax + 25, its a must in my opinion, it stops my large frame from acting as an airbrake!

My top speeds are:

Acceleration from 0 to 50/60mph seems very quick, 60 to top speed can take an age depending on conditions. A decent after market exhaust should help mid to top range.
Although they are the MAX speeds on the speedo im sure it will be out, probably over by around 5mph.
What year is your pcx?
First of all,thanks for posting :)

I had 10.5 rollers, but WOT was about @7300, so I switched to a lighter rollers to get WOT around 8000rpm.
In my opinion with 9gr rollers acceleration is even better than with 10.5.

I have 2014 125 pcx (last MY), and for what I read it should have slighty less power than previous version,
and the maxpower @8500rpm (previous versions @8000).
Do you have a tacho for checking WOT rpm?

My top speed on the stand is very similar (134kpm) but on the road on flat I get just 105 :x

I bought the only avaible Malossi vario (code 5115552 - previous model was 5114568).
Do you know how much weight has your Malossi vario?
I also have bigger drive face (bought at webike.jp)

I'm waiting for Givi screen, hope it will help.
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by buddy1976 »

piolob wrote:
buddy1976 wrote:You need to use the 10.5 gr rollers with the multivar, ive tried lots of combinations and 10.5 is the sweet spot, also as people are saying the screen will help, i have the ermax + 25, its a must in my opinion, it stops my large frame from acting as an airbrake!

My top speeds are:

What year is your pcx?

I had 10.5 rollers, but WOT was about @7300, so I switched to a lighter rollers to get WOT around 8000rpm.

I have 2014 125 pcx (last MY), and for what I read it should have slighty less power than previous version,

My top speed on the stand is very similar (134kpm) but on the road on flat I get just 105 :x

I bought the only avaible Malossi vario (code 5115552 - previous model was 5114568).

I'm not sure regarding the weight of my multivar i can check this in a few weeks as im going to change my rollers to 11.5gr for the winter and changing my contra spring back to stock just incase i get caught out in snow!

Regarding the setup, i have tried my multivar with stock everything else and lots of other combo's with no major differences with top end speed. i wonder if the drop in power with the new pcx is affecting this setup?
I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has upgraded a 2014 125 with a performance variator if they have it could be worth asking for there opinion. If not try clubpcxfrance.com and translate it using your browser. Most people over there are using malossi's variator i'm sure you'll come accross a thread with people with the same model experiencing the same issue.

Cheers
Honda forza 125 2019
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust

Daytona reinforced belt
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by buddy1976 »

buddy1976 wrote:
piolob wrote:

My top speeds are:

What year is your pcx?

I'm not sure regarding the weight of my multivar i can check this in a few weeks as im going to change my rollers to 11.5gr for the winter and changing my contra spring back to stock just incase i get caught out in snow!

Regarding the setup, i have tried my multivar with stock everything else and lots of other combo's with no major differences with top end speed. i wonder if the drop in power with the new pcx is affecting this setup?
I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has upgraded a 2014 125 with a performance variator if they have it could be worth asking for there opinion. If not try clubpcxfrance.com and translate it using your browser. Most people over there are using malossi's variator i'm sure you'll come accross a thread with people with the same model experiencing the same issue.

Cheers

BTW i do not have a tacho so no idea what rpm's i'm running at, i have been tempted to get one, however it feels 'just right' with my current setup and with all the different combo's ive tried i'm happy with this as they are so will hold back on the tacho untill i upgrade my pipe.
Honda forza 125 2019
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust

Daytona reinforced belt
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
piolob

Post by piolob »

buddy1976 wrote:

Cheers

buddy1976 wrote: BTW i do not have a tacho so no idea what rpm's i'm running at, i have been tempted to get one, however it feels 'just right' with my current setup and with all the different combo's ive tried i'm happy with this as they are so will hold back on the tacho untill i upgrade my pipe.
So, if you will check the vario weight this would be nice :)

I've also tried a lot of setups, with no big difference concerning top speed.
I wrote in pcxfrance the same post as I wrote here; till now I didn't get any useful/good answer,
but in July I had some PM with a french guy who has 2014 model and Malossi vario:
he has not my problem and he suggested me to install yellow contra spring (I did - better acceleration)
and Malossi belt (not done).

About the belt, do you know which model have you got installed (should be 23100-KZR-601 for ESP model until 2013 and 23100-KWN-901 for pre_ESP model and 23100-K35_v01 for 2014 model), and its lenght?
A user told in this post that could be a difference in belt lenght that causes my problem.

About the tacho i posted a link for a very cheap one, works good :)
If you can, I suggest you to try lighter rollers (9-9.5) and feel the better feeling :D (much more acceleration).

Yesteday I got the Givi windscreen, hope the weather will allow me to try it right this weekend.

Ciao
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by pcx125 »

if you go with rollers 9-9.5 grams, you may again acceleration but loss some more top speed :)
I got 10.5 grams rollers and very impress with the acceleration. I can beat PCX150 at the traffic light easy :)
piolob

Post by piolob »

pcx125 wrote:if you go with rollers 9-9.5 grams, you may again acceleration but loss some more top speed :)
I got 10.5 grams rollers and very impress with the acceleration. I can beat PCX150 at the traffic light easy :)
Did you try 9/9.5 rollers? So light rollers ARE impressive! :o :D
My top speed was not affected (...because it's not so top :roll: :lol: :lol: )
gia
Color: white

Post by gia »

What is the difference with the contra spring? Original, white, yellow by malossi?
PCX170 2013
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I tried a yellow CYN. And took it right back out after a couple days. The higher belt tension squashes some width out of the belt resulting in a slight loss of fuel efficiency and top speed. The lightest spring that does not slip or let the belt flap for any given amount of engine power is the best. Stay with the stock spring and tune the pulling rpms with light rollers.
gia
Color: white

Post by gia »

sendler2112 wrote:I tried a yellow CYN. And took it right back out after a couple days. The higher belt tension squashes some width out of the belt resulting in a slight loss of fuel efficiency and top speed. The lightest spring that does not slip or let the belt flap for any given amount of engine power is the best. Stay with the stock spring and tune the pulling rpms with light rollers.
Ok, i have the malossi with 10,5 grams and the original honda spring.
PCX170 2013
piolob

Post by piolob »

UPDATE:
I got Givi windscreen (D1136ST) and finally I can reach a decent top speed:
on flat road I get 112kmh@9000rpm, max speed downhill was 120kmh@9400rpm.

Thanks to all for the help and tips ;)