Big bike to scooter

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rosey

Big bike to scooter

Post by Rosey »

Hi, new member here, hope everyone is well !
Returned from my local dealer earlier having placed my order for a new 2015 Pcx 125. Took one out over the weekend and I have to say I loved everything about it. I was a bit concerned as the main purpose of the scoot is a 30 mile commute for work and the fact I sold my triumph sprint 955i to help finance it, but I'm over the moon, quick enough for my needs smooth and great down the lanes, who needs the big bike ! The one I tested had a tall honda screen fitted so I've invested in one of them the only other issue was, white or brown! Anyway anyone else coming from a large bike to the scooter ? :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Big bike to scooter

Post by gn2 »

Traded a Daytona 900 for a PCX four years ago.
Never looked back.
PCX is great so long as you stick to slower roads.
Its just not quick enough for fast A roads.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Rosey wrote:Hi, new member here, hope everyone is well !
Returned from my local dealer earlier having placed my order for a new 2015 Pcx 125. Took one out over the weekend and I have to say I loved everything about it. I was a bit concerned as the main purpose of the scoot is a 30 mile commute for work and the fact I sold my triumph sprint 955i to help finance it, but I'm over the moon, quick enough for my needs smooth and great down the lanes, who needs the big bike ! The one I tested had a tall honda screen fitted so I've invested in one of them the only other issue was, white or brown! Anyway anyone else coming from a large bike to the scooter ? :D
WELCOME! new 2015 PCX owner... everyone is not well but that's ok.
You don't need bigger, faster, noisier, gas eater to enjoy the freedom and wind on your face. I used to ride a Segway and that was just as fun and safer yet :)

adding you to the 2015 PCX parade, can't wait for pictures, so where are you from because brown is not USA.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Bought my 125 last September for riding around town, should have done it years ago. Still ride big bikes, just came back from a 550 mile weekend in Wales.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
jblye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by jblye »

I can relate.

I rode a Ducati sport bike for the past ten years. I finally decided that I didn't need to go 160 mph,
and doing so would get me a huge fine or jail or loss of license or death. So I sold it.

I recently bought a new PCX150, and I can honestly say that I am enjoying it more than the
Ducati. I can wring its neck without worrying so much about all of the sport bike negatives
that I listed above. The PCX is simply a lot of fun to ride !!!

Side note: I stopped at a traffic light on my PCX yesterday and noted that a Harley rider was
positioned in the other lane beside me. He looked at me with a sneer (easily seen, since he was
not wearing a helmet). When the light turned green, I turned my throttle wide open and "leaped"
well ahead of him until I reached the speed limit of 45 mph, then continued cruising at that
speed. He apparently thought that motorists behind us would think that he has just been
outrun by a SCOOTER, so he rocketed past me when he finally caught up with me. Oh, what
fun !!

Scooters rock !!
Johnny
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

Great responses guys, very funny with the HD owner. :-) . I'm from England and the brown (bronze) is a new colour over here for 2015, my wife loved it but I could not decide between that and the pearlescent white, dealer was great ended up lining the two scoots up outside in the sun tonight to help me choose, still changed my mind 3 times ! I have a photo of me sat on the brown one just need to work out how to upload it
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

There you go !
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

where is her picture... sitting on it
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

Still trying to workout how to post a photo !
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Welcome to the club. I traded in my Ninja 500 which was faster but not nearly as much fun.
My first 2 wheeler was a 1986 Honda Elite 250, so I guess I am a hardcore scooter nut.

The Harley riders around here don't want anything to do with me. If there is one in the next lane, they speed up in an obvious way as not to be associated with us "scooter types".

It's just as well because I don't feel like dressing up like a Pirate every time I ride.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
jblye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jblye »

South Florida Squirrel.jpg
South Florida Squirrel.jpg (45.02 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
I finally figured out how to post a picture (I hope):

Click on "Post Reply"
Click in the message box where you want the picture to appear.
Scroll down to "If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below."
Click on "Choose File", while will bring up your system's pictures (Note: Big pictures might
not be accepted by system). If your picture is too big, a message (in red print) will tell you so.
Find the picture you want, click on it and then click on "choose".
Click on "Add The File".
On the "Attachments" line, click on "Place inline".
Click on "Preview" to see the picture in your message.
If ok, click on "Submit".

Hope it works for you.
Johnny
jblye
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jblye »

Re: " It's just as well because I don't feel like dressing up like a Pirate every time I ride."

Or a gypsy

Or a hobo

And tattoos are optional in the world of scooters.

Harleys are ok (I owned two of them: A 1200 Sportster and a Buell S3T Sports Touring bike),
but my PCX150 is a lot more fun. I was one of the one per cent of Harley riders in South
Carolina who wore helmets, which automatically made me an outcast in this state's Harley
culture. Both of my Harleys were Stage 1 performance kitted throughout. The Buell had
93 hp at the rear wheel (dyno) and gobs of torque, but it was crude in some ways. It had
10 major factory recalls before I finally got rid of it.....not exactly Honda quality. The
Sportster vibrated so badly that my hands would be numb after 10 minutes of riding.....
again, not comparable to Honda quality. Ironically, I was looking for a scooter for one of
my friends who wanted a starter machine (had never ridden a motorcycle or scooter in his
life) when I found out about the PCX150; then, I bought a PCX150 for myself and he decided
to forget it altogether. Funny how things work out sometimes.........

Johnny
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

are you happy NOW Billy!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I traded down from a beautiful Suzuki Burgman 400 to a new 2013 pcx 150 because the pcx can maneuver so well in tight spaces and turns, and its top end is just about right....wish I could get 5 more mph out of it, but otherwise it is great.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
binje
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by binje »

Hey Rosey. Welcome to the club. My sum total of big bike experience is being a passenger holding on to dear life on a few friends' bikes. I am the proud and happy owner of a PCX which was my first foray in to 2 wheels. I use it for a 56 mile commute every day and I have to say it does what is says on the tin and then some. Quick enough off the line and able to keep up with traffic fine. For A roads an absolute hoot and so easy to maneuver in traffic as well.

Anyhooos, which colour did you end up going for? Cant say I have seen the brown yet... Will need to keep an eye out.
2011 Honda PCX 125
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

jblye wrote:
South Florida Squirrel.jpg
I finally figured out how to post a picture (I hope):

Click on "Post Reply"
Click in the message box where you want the picture to appear.
Scroll down to "If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below."
Click on "Choose File", while will bring up your system's pictures (Note: Big pictures might
not be accepted by system). If your picture is too big, a message (in red print) will tell you so.
Find the picture you want, click on it and then click on "choose".
Click on "Add The File".
On the "Attachments" line, click on "Place inline".
Click on "Preview" to see the picture in your message.
If ok, click on "Submit".

Hope it works for you.
Johnny
Thanks Jonny, thats what i was doing so looks like the photo file is to big !
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

binje wrote:
Hey Rosey. Welcome to the club. My sum total of big bike experience is being a passenger holding on to dear life on a few friends' bikes. I am the proud and happy owner of a PCX which was my first foray in to 2 wheels. I use it for a 56 mile commute every day and I have to say it does what is says on the tin and then some. Quick enough off the line and able to keep up with traffic fine. For A roads an absolute hoot and so easy to maneuver in traffic as well.

Anyhooos, which colour did you end up going for? Cant say I have seen the brown yet... Will need to keep an eye out.
Went for the white one in the end as i could not decide and they wanted to shut up so tosser a coin !
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

white is GOOD because you can add color in the form of decal or white reflective trim without disrupting the clean color scheme.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Had a Harley Road King before getting the PCX.

Owned the PCX for a year now and have used it almost exclusively for a 3-4 mile commute (each way). Recently (this week), I came to the conclusion that in my case, the PCX is a replacement for the _bicycle_ I used to use for the commute, rather than a motorcycle.

Frankly, I miss the feel of a larger bike and have since purchased a BMW R75/5 and, a week ago, a Kawasaki KZ1000 police bike. The PCX will likely be sold soon and the bicycle will again be the commuter vehicle (I'm getting fat!).

Best,
Bash
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Bash On! wrote:The PCX will likely be sold soon and the bicycle will again be the commuter vehicle (I'm getting fat!)
boooooooooo, depressing... and then where will you go, bicycle forum?
On the other hand, PCX FOR SALE IN DALLAS! how much?