2015 white PCS

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

2015 white PCS

Post by fish »

Saw my first PCX at my dealership today while buying Honda oil and shopping some good gauntlet gloves (fellow Kymco rider may have ended his riding days - going down and shredding his gloveless hands...made me rethink the quality of my riding gloves)
Sat on this pretty scooter. I see why folks like the white. Light weight and looks very well made. Sadly, even with the new seat it remains a little snug for me. No Forza on the floor... but they now have the PCX! Seems a fine little scooter .... I see why it has such a rabid worldwide following!
Fish
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: 2015 white PCS

Post by homie »

It is odd to me that something like the saddle could be the source of such controversy. There is a noticeable lack of comfort after just a few miles. At first I was willing to give it time, acclimate like with any new bicycle seat. But the urge to move back on it further than it will allow, stand up at the stop lights and make adjustments to the shorts or just get off after 40-50 miles because you are done. Maybe next year they put a really comfortable motorcycle seat on what is clearly starting to mimic more cycle than scooter. Not complaining, if seat is all I can take issue with I should look into aftermarket product when some 2015 accessories are more readily available.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

My feeling is it was designed for a very small person.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Yes, designed for the 90% who buy scooters. And that is not a N.American.
I hear this complaint from a whole lot of people who are riding scooters in the States.
Kymco sells a great scoot that has a 20 minute seat on it.......but Asian riders love the thing and never complain about it.
Well, we can always get it rebuilt over the winter.
Fish
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

My brother has a Kymco Agility 125. A Honda it is not despite Honda's seats. The Kymco drinks a lot of gas with the carb.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I must be in the minority wishing the PCX was smaller, at least width wise.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

A narrower PCX with a taller (including more foam) seat would be great! I can't wait to modify mine to improve its comfort ;)

It's a pity that motorcycle manufacturers design their vehicles with a short driver in mind... I hate it (I'm tall) but I admit that from their economics perspective it's the logical thing, because a tall driver can drive (uncomfortably) a scooter/motorcycle designed for small people, but a small driver CANNOT DRIVE a scooter or motorbike made for tall drivers, as he/she wouldn't be able to... :roll:
2015 Honda PCX 125
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017

Post by GlassMan »

Wasn't thrilled with the seat on my PCX ,luckily I work for a company that does custom auto interiors, so I had my bud re configure the seat to My spec's with a custom checkered flag diamond tuck vinyl. This is easier than you would think and cheaper than buying a whole new seat. Pic's of CASPER to be posted later when I'm finished with my own personal touches!!!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

GlassMan wrote:Wasn't thrilled with the seat on my PCX ,luckily I work for a company that does custom auto interiors, so I had my bud re configure the seat to My spec's with a custom checkered flag diamond tuck vinyl. This is easier than you would think and cheaper than buying a whole new seat. Pic's of CASPER to be posted later when I'm finished with my own personal touches!!!
I think a lot of this is easier then we think... I look forward to seeing all your personal touches.
I going to be looking at some changes this winter too since I have to tear it down anyway for scheduled maintenance.
My short list is;
Mirror white powder coated rims
Michelin tires
carbon fiber on the windscreen
and maybe an upholstery job in red if yours looks good :D
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

A red seat looks gorgeous! Not very common, and probably not for me, as it's too noticeable, but gives a nice touch to the scooter! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

pcxpower wrote:A red seat looks gorgeous! Not very common, and probably not for me, as it's too noticeable, but gives a nice touch to the scooter! ;)
Not sure which member this bike belongs to but I keep it on my wallpaper as the best simple color scheme I've seen and something I will seek to mimic. Yesterday I was talking to the powder coat people and they wanted to know what the rims are made of and what is on them now. I assume they are aluminum so I will take a magnet to them today. I wonder if they are black powder coated stock or if that's paint on the 2015 PCX150? I'm off to pick up my plates today so maybe the dealer can answer these questions so I can get a quote for the wheel work soon.

I have no problem with that bright red seat... AWESOME!
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Just the other day I saw parked in the street a white scooter that came from the factory with a red seat, and it looked really good! Some years ago it wasn't uncommon to find red or blue seats, but today manufacturers' designs are a little "boring"
2015 Honda PCX 125
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

SECoda wrote:My feeling is it was designed for a very small person.
It was designed for me. I'm 5 feet, 5 inches tall. My husband is the same height, and neither of us has ever had a complaint about the seat. I actually find it to be quite comfortable.

But that's unfortunate because we're shorter than most...and a different seat could be just as comfortable for us, while being a lot more comfortable for taller people.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Kermit wrote:
It was designed for me.
There is a scooter like the one in the toon avatar you use Kermit that resides close to me and I see a woman riding it. She is not small but rather more amazon attractive with her large frame and wild blond hair. She rides squid with no helmet and just commands the intersection when I see her. I must look like a terrified little geek with my full gear, helmet and PCX opposite her brazen glory :) What are those funky scooters?
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

homie wrote:
Kermit wrote:
It was designed for me.
There is a scooter like the one in the toon avatar you use Kermit that resides close to me and I see a woman riding it. She is not small but rather more amazon attractive with her large frame and wild blond hair. She rides squid with no helmet and just commands the intersection when I see her. I must look like a terrified little geek with my full gear, helmet and PCX opposite her brazen glory :) What are those funky scooters?
Next day that you see the amazon attractive girl with her wild blond hair, it would be great if you could take a pic, so that we all could enjoy it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125