Security

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Security

Post by WhiteNoise »

A pic of my Grip Lock open. See what I'm talkin' about? :P
Attachments
forum (2).JPG
forum (2).JPG (59.03 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

None of this stuff will stop the professional or even slow him down much. It probably will stop the druggie looking to make some quick cash and they are a lot more common. I have the same issue with gun safes. The pros have portable plasma cutters and get in them in less than 5 minutes. The druggies can't touch them.

It still may be worth the $70 bucks.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Mel46 wrote:My suggestion would also be a brake alarm, but I would also suggest adding something to remind YOU that it is there. It would not be good if you forgot about it and jumped on your scooter ready to ride and you screwed up the brake pad. :-/
Brake pad? I ripped the brake line off the BMW it was on. Rolled the bike forward off the center stand. Hmmm, brake lever has no resistance. Oh, shoot! (that wasn't the exact word I used, btw).
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014/2015
Color: White

Post by Kenno »

Well, I've bought a xena xx6 (I think) disc lock and a hefty padlock. Still need to choose a chain and ground anchor. Guessing pragmasis and almax are fairly equal, but does anyone know what size chain fits (or doesn't! ) through the pcx wheels?

I'll probably need to buy the actual pcx too at some point.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Any chain should fit through the wheels - there's massive holes between the spokes :) - I use a 10mm chain but a 15-20mm will easily fit.
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kenno »

Cheers. Doubt I'll be carrying it with me so I'll probably go for the 19mm then.
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by PCXade »

Just bought a new 2015MY PCX 125 and thanks to this thread I now have some great ideas on what to get to help with security when out and about and at home. So cheers for that.

The bike comes with something called master key ignition lock - something like that.
I assume that is good for stopping casual thieves to start it up and ride it away so I therefore need to concentrate on security that stops it being carried away?
Picked up my lovely new PCX 125 in Red on Monday 13th October 2014!
The love affair starts now....
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kenno »

I'm well impressed with my Almax chain and Abloy lock - need to fit my ground anchor tomorrow to attach it to something. Not sure if I'll be carrying it round with me though as it's pretty heavy, so when I'm away from home I don't have anything to stop it being carried off other than a Xena disc lock alarm, but I doubt that'll put off anyone with a van.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Worth getting a 2mtr 10-13 mm chain and padlock for when it's out and about - scooter theft is bad in the uk.
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by PCXade »

Bought a mammoth 12m chain with special lock, and also a yellow disc lock with a cable to the handlebars to help me remember that its there!
Picked up my lovely new PCX 125 in Red on Monday 13th October 2014!
The love affair starts now....
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kenno »

My PCX arrived today so I've got the Xena disc lock on it at the moment - almost deafened myself with it twice! There's a knack to getting the key in and not a lot of time! I haven't got my ground anchor in yet, so I'm going to leave my bike in my brothers garage til it's sorted.

Weirdly, within an hour of the bike (or should I be saying scooter?!) being dropped off a scrap metal van came down our road with the two blokes looking around. Always a bit worried about them, after seeing them on tv going round taking whatever they can pick up! I'm sure that was an extreme case though, and I'd put the cover over the bike so you can't tell it's new or anything.
Sowaka
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Black

Post by Sowaka »

Kenno wrote:My PCX arrived today so I've got the Xena disc lock on it at the moment - almost deafened myself with it twice! There's a knack to getting the key in and not a lot of time! I haven't got my ground anchor in yet, so I'm going to leave my bike in my brothers garage til it's sorted.

Weirdly, within an hour of the bike (or should I be saying scooter?!) being dropped off a scrap metal van came down our road with the two blokes looking around. Always a bit worried about them, after seeing them on tv going round taking whatever they can pick up! I'm sure that was an extreme case though, and I'd put the cover over the bike so you can't tell it's new or anything.
Haha, I've done the same thing with my Xena alarm as well! And arming the thing always startles everyone around me. I might be moving downtown Vancouver and parking my bike outside, so I've been reviewing this whole thread to figure out how to keep my little bike safe in a high crime area ) :
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Congrats Kenno! Happy Day for You! :P
Sadly you have concerns of thievery right from the get go! Hoodlums lurking. Awful.
Do what you can at keeping it protected. A Garage of course is best, but.... :|
If you haven't done so yet, get yourself some excellent scoot insurance, With: full replacement cvg., fire, & theft coverages. Worth the money, & peace of mind.
I have a hard time calling "Bad Folks" human beings. They are a disgrace to human kind and to their Maker (Looking up) ........"Somebody's Watching You"

Please post a pic of your spunky new Toy when you can and Be safe ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kenno »

:D I think (hope) I'm just being unduly pessimistic about the scrap men (I blame channel 4!). I am fully insured, but the excess would cost me over £1k.

Not sure I should be putting up pics of my spunky new toy, so here's the PCX instead :D ....
2014-10-03 17.29.22.png
2014-10-03 17.29.22.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1560 times
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kenno »

Just realised the Channel 4 thing will be a very UK specific reference - it's a TV channel that's been a bit obsessed with making outrageous "documentaries" about gypsies etc.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I want to see channel 4! We only get Mr. Bean here
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ouu, that scoot looks real familiar :D Very Nice White!
What is the green patch on the rear top panel (where a rack could be mounted)?
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kenno »

I think it's just a datatag sticker.
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Kenno wrote:I think it's just a datatag sticker.
I agree, think it's DataTag, Most of the dealers here will include it in the sale price.
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Strange place to stick it as it will be covered with any rack-mount. The dealer placed mine just below the dash black surround on the lhs.