New pcx125 owner with a noobie question.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kanerz14
Year: 2014/2015
Color: Red

New pcx125 owner with a noobie question.

Post by kanerz14 »

Hi guys.
Was wondering if anyone may know if I could protect my fairings from potential falls. I'm really just looking at maybe some self-adhesive kinda bumper things that's gonna offer some protection to vulnerable body areas in the event of falls.

Thanks in advance and loving the pcx experience so far.. 8)
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Re: New pcx125 owner with a noobie question.

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

I know you can get 3m stick on protection (almost like clingfilm) to help protect the paint from scratches. not too sure about stick on bumpers
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Potential falls? I think I would work on that problem first. o_O I don't plan on falling on my bike.
kanerz14

Post by kanerz14 »

Thanks urban, though was looking for dent protection also in the vulnerable areas
SECoda I Don't plan on falling either and its not a problem till it happens, its really to ensure a bit of piece of mind and protect my investment, as new to riding two wheels. I have done the obligatory google search, but as yet have came up with little.
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by buddy1976 »

kanerz14 wrote:Thanks urban, though was looking for dent protection also in the vulnerable areas
SECoda I Don't plan on falling either and its not a problem till it happens, its really to ensure a bit of piece of mind and protect my investment, as new to riding two wheels. I have done the obligatory google search, but as yet have came up with little.
Exhaust asside, most of your pcx will crack or smash before it dents. You can get a full body kit for £180+shipping i wouldnt bother, just order the pannel that breaks if it comes to you requiring one. I'd concentrate on protection for you as replacement legs and arms are hard to come by(at least in the uk anyway)
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
kanerz14

Post by kanerz14 »

Thanks Buddy.
Ive got my body protected;)
Seen this from pelacrash but can't see any uk distributors.http://www.pelacrash.com/wp-content/upl ... city_2.jpg
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Except in off-roading with a dirt bike long ago I just have not had a tumble except when my last bike fell over in the garage when my wife bumped it with her car. That's 4 bikes over 20 years and well over 75,000 miles. Not saying it won't happen but it might be difficult to predict what would be damaged anyway. I have lived in city areas as well but tend to stay as rural as possible these days. ;)
kanerz14

Post by kanerz14 »

Thanks SECoda,

That's reassuring.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi kanerz14, welcome aboard :P
Hmm...I'm interested in your query. Are you indicating the possibility of say....(shhh), crash bars? Or what's the "other words" they use? Engine bars? Or ??
You know, the Bars that keep a bike from lying fully down? Vespa has bars available....correct?
Where could they be mounted on a PCX? I wonder....Any ideas?
Hey! I'm all about protection...and keeping that bike off my legs in a fall? I'd be way more than thankful. Been there :| If the bike gets saved..that's A TWOfer ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kanerz14

Post by kanerz14 »

Hi Whitenoise,

Yeah looking for anything really that adds extra protection, bars, pads anything:) I seen the Vespa things also but nothing for PCX. I keep the PCX in my downstairs hall and put on side-stand the other morning, I think I must not have deployed properly as the PCX taken a dip resulting in a tiny scratch, it did not fall fully though; that's really what got me to thinking... :D
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

Honestly, wouldn't the force of a 300 lbs scooter falling on the ground crack something open no matter how well padded it is?

I slide out at about 10 mph and had multiple cracks. A few pieces were jarred loose, and the plastic "hooks" that connect the panels also broke apart.

I'd practice on good riding habits. After all, I would think a broken bone would be more costly than a few cracked panels.
kanerz14

Post by kanerz14 »

My apologies,

I don't think I managed to describe properly what I was enquiring. Luckily the PCX only gently dropped and hit my wall resulting in a very small scrape; it wasn't a complete drop however I wanted to make sure that if it happened again and if I were to be using a protector, the likeliehood of possible damage (scratches) can be minimised. It then got me to thinking of bigger drops and protection.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Not a bad thing to think :) ;) Sorry about the small scratch. Why not put yer scoot on it's center stand in the hall thus leaving her upright and giving more room for passage? My PCX is always on it's CS in my garage. It's the mirror's I watch out for when I walk by.

I have yet to see any PCX protective body pads, bars or cushions for the PCX. If anyone has, please share your find. Slowly we are building a list of wanted items for our scoots. We just need the inventors creators builders and sellers of such ;)
I know you're out there :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kanerz14

Post by kanerz14 »

Thanks WhiteNoise,

Wee bit dissapointed bout the scratch but barely noticeable; I'd usually put on centrestand, just put on sidestand to lock up. Won't make that mistake again. I agree it would be ideal to see more protection for the PCX.

I did see this on e-bay and thought it may protect and possiblly would cover the scratch?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIKE-IT-CARBO ... 1051wt_952
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Where exactly is the scratch? I followed your link. You might want to think reflective tape if you're considering those ultra thin carbon stick-ons :roll: Why not get a 2'fer out of the reflective? :)
Protection wise? Don't know how much that will provide but it will cover the boo-boo and glo by light
kanerz14

Post by kanerz14 »

It's left side scratch, right on edge of fairing just below the left wing mirror, the pointy bit of fairing.
Yeah the reflective tape may be ideal. Thank you:)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool! I'm happy :P Keep lovin' yer ride
Patrik0037

Post by Patrik0037 »

Frame sliders would be a good solution, however the only ones I have seen for pcx are these http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-protect ... 11507.html from powerbypcx, check webike tho they might have some, or if you need more info on the ones on the link go to the vendors section of the forum and ask powerbypcx they are pretty good at answering any questions :D