rear mud flap assembly

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homey
Regular User
Regular User

rear mud flap assembly

Post by homey »

In many pictures I notice a tail end configuration that is much more esthetically pleasing to me. I'm looking for information on tearing down the exaggerated mud flap and license plate assembly and doing something like this...

Does anyone have the proper terminology of this area of the bike so I can search this site for posts and images from the past that show this modification. A license plate is really all the mud flap I care to have so all that extended stuff will be the first to go.
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Re: rear mud flap assembly

Post by homey »

NVM - Rear fender assembly... I see I'm on my own with the 2015 as its a totally different design. With the turn signals up and out of the way getting the extended fenders off should not be that tricky and lighting the plate with existing LED's looks promising.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Try Tail Tidy
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Post by wilbur »

homey wrote:In many pictures I notice a tail end configuration that is much more esthetically pleasing to me. I'm looking for information on tearing down the exaggerated mud flap and license plate assembly and doing something like this...

Does anyone have the proper terminology of this area of the bike so I can search this site for posts and images from the past that show this modification. A license plate is really all the mud flap I care to have so all that extended stuff will be the first to go.

Like the graphics on that.
Image, Image
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

wilbur wrote:
homey wrote: Like the graphics on that.
I imagine you could introduce just about any third color to the white bike and not go wrong, one reason I did not choose black. I always liked Kawasaki green :) but might not get me proper handling down at Honda :lol:

That's a 2014 beside a 2015, going to be different if that decal set is considered... should be noted.