Stickers for Matte Black

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Stickers for Matte Black

Post by you you »

pcxpower wrote:I'm sure they will! My wife always has this face o_O when I purchase new tools, but she likes when I save money repairing things myself... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spend to save argument?

If that doesn't work the always buy tools in the same colour

Works for cars, bikes, phones, tablets, watches....
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125
Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

Well, after paying a small customs charge I will have my panels tomorrow. Will give me something to do on Sunday. Also got my removal tools.
Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

Massive box waiting for me when I got home. :D
Thats Sunday sorted out.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Trekker85 wrote:Massive box waiting for me when I got home. :D
Thats Sunday sorted out.

Flippn heck. Good luck
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

WOW!!! These matte black pieces look absoletely stunning......... I wish Honda sold the new PCX in "matte black" instead of "matte gray"... your scooter is going to look AWESOME!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

The other day I found Maddiedog tutorial (thanks again!):
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2630

And if the amateur mechanic follows it closely, I'm confident that he/she would prevail! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Note: I'm sure that your new removal tools will be extremely useful. I look forward to receiving mines as well! 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

Yeah, can't wait to see it finished. Ill have that guide on my iPad right next to me.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Perhaps you can take the typical "before and after" pics of the scooter with the old and new panels ;)

If I lived near to you I would gladly volunteer as a helper :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

I couldn't wait until tomorrow.
Ill have a better pic tomorrow.

Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Looking great! Just to ask, with the guides on here (thanks!) and maybe you had a manual, did all the panels come off without incident? I will service mine at some stage (valves) but just a little worried I will snap the odd connector.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

I like it very much!!! Even without stickers it looks great :D :D :D

Could you remove the PCX plastic logos, so that you could stick them to the black panels? If I were you, I wouldn't purchase the stickers that we mentioned in the first posts, as the scooter looks stunning this way! As if Honda sold it like that from the showroom floor ;) ;)

By the way: I would also like to know if you found problems during the process. I thought that it would take you longer... it has been incredibly fast, and with extraordinary results! 8) 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Look at that!! The panel tear down done and replacement panels are on board! Fabulous! Good for you Trekker, a job well done and the first one (that I'm aware of), that has done so. Cheers! :P
Will there be stickers next? Or you like what you Now see?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

I think i'll leave the stickers but I will get some new PCX badges as the ones on the old panels are going to be difficult to get stuck back on.

After that, I think a new seat, new foot panels and various other parts i've seen on powerbypcx or ebay.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

You can always try to sell the old panels on eBay, if you do not intend to return to the original color (I wouldn't ;) ). I don't have lots of spare room, so it would be a nuisance for me to keep so many spare body panels, and even more knowing that the PCX looks so great in matte black...

And with all the parts that you are planning to add, it's going to be a new scooter! :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

pcxpower wrote:You can always try to sell the old panels on eBay, if you do not intend to return to the original color (I wouldn't ;) ). I don't have lots of spare room, so it would be a nuisance for me to keep so many spare body panels, and even more knowing that the PCX looks so great in matte black...
And with all the parts that you are planning to add, it's going to be a new scooter! :D :D :D
Nice to do this if you want to change the colour, but the vehicle registration document needs updating and the insurance company need to know too.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Here in Spain, changing the colour of a vehicle is one of the few things that is allowed without a problem with Law Enforcement, DMV, etc.

In relation to the insurance, if the color has the same process (not special custom paint, air brush, etc), so that cost of repainting or replacing panels is the same, it's ok to change it as well ;)

In this case, as these panels seem to be OEM, and their price is very similar (if not lower) than the original ones, I bet that is ok. Painting a damaged panel, given that matte paint is more expensive/delicate than regular paint, would be more expensive, but these panels are very affordable, being able to purchase them separately, so in my opinion, the insurance company would be happy 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

pcxpower wrote:Here in Spain, changing the colour of a vehicle is one of the few things that is allowed without a problem with Law Enforcement, DMV, etc.
In relation to the insurance, if the color has the same process (not special custom paint, air brush, etc), so that cost of repainting or replacing panels is the same, it's ok to change it as well ;)
In this case, as these panels seem to be OEM, and their price is very similar (if not lower) than the original ones, I bet that is ok. Painting a damaged panel, given that matte paint is more expensive/delicate than regular paint, would be more expensive, but these panels are very affordable, being able to purchase them separately, so in my opinion, the insurance company would be happy 8)
Yeah, but Trekker is in the UK, and the law says a colour change means the reg doc needs updating and the insurance have to be told to remain legal (they try and get our of paying most of the time, no need to give them an excuse).
https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-detai ... -to-update
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

from the factory......
Attachments
Copy of seat 010.jpg
Copy of seat 010.jpg (161.37 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
Trekker85

Post by Trekker85 »

Ive sent off the V5. The insurance company only needs to know of any colour modifications if it is to make it look like a race bike.