PCX 125/150 manuals - not english but different

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

PCX 125/150 manuals - not english but different

Post by iceman »

I found this site and manuals when googling - although they are not in english, I believe Japanese, I've not seen manuals like this before and the pictures may be of use. You can go up (back) into the link to find other manuals:
http://mototh.com/files/honda/PCX/PCX_Training.PDF
http://mototh.com/files/honda/PCX150i/pcx150.pdf
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: PCX 125/150 manuals - not english but different

Post by WhiteNoise »

ice, Cool, thanx!
I'm Just going to add this: The PCX's shown in both PDF's are 2013 or older models. The illustrations are different/interesting :) Wish I could read it :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Yeah, but the diagrams showing some PCX internal workings and how to remove things was a bit strange - not quite the usual owners or service manual. Shows how the engine / esp stuff works, etc.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

WhiteNoise wrote:The illustrations are different/interesting :) Wish I could read it :|
Me too. I opened this with Adobe Acrobat Standard and saved it as a Word doc. I tried to convert the text to English but Acrobat exported the text as image data so that didn't work. :oops:
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

maybe the pdf is protected - you can protect pdf's from copy/print, etc. Not got it on this PC - you can often tell by 'properties' from acrobat reader.
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by tomtic »

Yep, I've seen these before. I believe the training one is in Thai and may be a training manual for factory workers actually working in the Honda factory. It would certainly explain why some of the principles of electromagnetism are explained o_O !
The diagrams are useful though!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Just had a UK dealer advise me the new 2015 PCX service manual is listed for a cost of £36 - but it may not be in print just yet. Still, good to know it may be possible to get a UK spec 125 service manual rather than the US 150 (not that helminc seem interested in lowering the $180 delivery charge!)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

Thank you very much for the links, as I agree that text does not help us a lot, but pictures are very useful!! :D :D :D :D :D

When I have my new PCX I intend to disable the cut-off switch of the side stand, as I have done to all my motorcycles and scooters, and there is some very useful information about the location of screws and tabs, so hopefully I will not have problems doing it:

In the meantime, I have purchased a set of trim removal tools online, so that the work will be easier:

Thanks again for the information! ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

That is a neat looking trim removal set. Did you purchase it online? If so, can you post a link to the site? Thanks.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

kramnala58 wrote:That is a neat looking trim removal set. Did you purchase it online? If so, can you post a link to the site? Thanks.
I am happy that you like this trim removal set, and I gladly report that I have just purchased in on eBay ;)

I searched "trim removal tool set" or something like that, and there appeared several sets, being this one the most complete/at a more reasonable price. I have read some opinions in Internet, and it seems to work ok. One has to be careful not to force the tools in excess, as they are made of Polypropylene, and they may break, but if one needs to exercise great force, it may be that one is not doing it correctly!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

It's ebay item number: 151360972356

Let's see if copying/pasting the link Works:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/151360972356?ssP ... 1439.l2649

This one comes from the UK (almost for sure made in China), but there are others coming directly from China much cheaper, albeit with less pieces. Lots of options to help us remove our PCXs (or other motorcycle/car) clothes!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125