NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

BHaasie

Re: NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Post by BHaasie »

SECoda wrote:So your dealer already had the parts in stock or did they have to wait like mine for them to arrive for the recall?
BHaasie wrote:Just a little update on my Fuel Pump issue...

After my repair was done, I've put almost 1,500 miles on my Forza without an issue. Beginning to trust her again :P
My dealer just had to order the revised part number to perform the repair... The updated/revised fuel pump is available in the US... You are better off letting them do the repair before you take possession of the Scoot.... Mine just died without warning, luckily just after I started it to leave from my driveway....

I was like Hello, Honda Roadside Assistance, does my driveway count as "Roadside"? They were like Yep, we'll be right there to tow ya :P Very disappointed in the breakdown, but happy where it happened....
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Absolutely. It is sitting there off to the side marked as sold with my name on it waiting to go to service when the pump arrives. It really helped the negotiation I believe. Besides a good deal they offered me some other goodies. I may ask for a free first service too.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Phoned that 866 number on the recall notice.
The fellow looked up my VIN and said my "unit" is part of the recall.
Non-ABS, USA, 7/13 production date.
Recommend you call the number........
1-866-784-1870
"JL1" recall

Fish
robisc

Post by robisc »

In Italy is started a recall campaign for fuel pump problem:

Numero Veicoli (no. of vehicles): 3500
Periodo di produzione (production period): FEB 2013 OTT 2014
Descrizione Difetto (description): POSSIBILE BLOCCO POMPA CARBURANTE (POSSIBLE FUEL PUMP BLOCK)
Riferimento CONCESSIONARI (ref: Official Honda dealers)
Note -
Intervallo telai da (VINS range from): MX125: MLHJC61A0D5000009
Intervallo telai a (VINS range too): MLHJC61AXE5104685
Intervallo telai da: FORZA: MLHNF04A0D5000013
Intervallo telai a: MLHNF04BXD5008130

Intervallo telai da: SHMODE: RLHJF51A0EY000239
Intervallo telai a: RLHJF51AXEY03094

It means also MX125 and SH Mode are affected.

Best regards
bearcat

Post by bearcat »

Even though my fuel pump failed while at the dealers and was replaced before i took possession Honda is going to replace it again.
Gingivitis Khan

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

BRed wrote:Interesting but not too surprising at this point....
and I'd bet money that the scoot in Khan's thread "Dead Forza" was an ABS model as well.

The two US confirmed fuel pump failures are ABS models and show VINs 198 and 219.

The VIN range on US bikes should be easy to establish, but since we also have the assembly month code listed on our VIN stickers, it should be easier to relate that information to the production dates DioTAma posted earlier and validate or debunk the idea that only a specific VIN range of ABS equipped Forzas received defective fuel pumps.

That still doesn't help owners in markets that don't clearly show the "birth date" of assembly.
They will have to attempt to define a range of affected scooters based on the VIN of known pump failures.

Until we can confirm that any non-ABS Forza has had a pump failure, I think those Forza owners can breathe a sigh of relief and carry on.
I just came across this thread. Yes, my Forza has ABS. After replacing the spark plug and draining the gas tank, I've had zero issues (7300 total miles... not sure what the mileage was when it died, but I've put at least 2000 miles on it since). Last 4 of VIN is 0106.
Gingivitis Khan

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

I just read the post with the link to the recall notice. Time to call my dealer. Oh, the manufacture date on my VIN plate is 06/2013.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

I have checked the Honda UK website for a recall and mine is one of them. It seems to cover most Forza's sold up to June 2014 (when I bought mine). It says to contact your Honda dealer to have the problem rectified. Will go to my dealer tomorrow and sort it out.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Yep = they changed the part number. I went to visit my Forza today at the dealership and they still don't have the part. It's been two weeks. They thought it would be in last Monday. Guess they are running low now.
bearcat wrote:Even though my fuel pump failed while at the dealers and was replaced before i took possession Honda is going to replace it again.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Mine on the UK recall list as well..bought June 14...Just phoned dealer and booked in for replacement
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

Been to the dealer and they have ordered the new fuel pump. Incidentally, the photographs shown by "Fish" are not the fuel pump. The fuel pump is the large roundish element in the first photo with a electric connector in the centre, to the left of the white fuel connector shown.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

glencoeman wrote:Been to the dealer and they have ordered the new fuel pump. Incidentally, the photographs shown by "Fish" are not the fuel pump. The fuel pump is the large roundish element in the first photo with a electric connector in the centre, to the left of the white fuel connector shown.
Yes, I was pointing at the area the pump is found.....under those hold-down clips. You can see the round top of this "can" shaped pump in BRed's photos.
Looks much the same as the one I changed out from the tank of my Kymco scooter.....
with the filter bag on the end of it.
Fish
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

Apologies, I thought you were indicating the fuel pipe connector.
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

I wonder if alcohol in the gasoline could contribute to these fuel pump problems. My Forza was built July 2013 and I've put on 4700 miles since buying it this past Spring...haven't had any problems (knock on wood!). I've used premium w/o alcohol (according to sign on pump, anyway) almost exclusively, except for a time or two when I wasn't able to locate a source.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mine has done 13,500 miles exclusively on 10% ethanol mix without problem but is affected by the recall.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

Just caught up with this post late last week. Checked that it applied to Australian sold Forzas. It does, but the Australian Government website for all recalls listed the VIN numbers and luckily I am not in the range. I am scheduled to do a 1,000 km ride with some mates in two days time; just as well my bike is not affected.

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Monty1952 »

Just had my recall notice from Honda Canada - last 4 digits of VIN is XXXXXXXX0315. Could not come at a worse time with weather just turning to snow and ice here. Oh well as they say, sh** happens!
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Wait till the weather is better. A safety recall won't expire in a hurry. In the UK they last for 99 years.
NeilForza
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Silver

Post by NeilForza »

No recall notice as yet but rang the dealers to book mine in, as I want it done on a Saturday I have to book 2 weeks in advance.
Dealers said they couldn't do without the notice but I explained my VIN comes up on the recall site and it instructs I contact my dealers!
He said that as I was booking in for two weeks time he would book it ion the hope I get my notice by then..... Notice or not they are going to do the work, apparently its less hassle for them if they have the note.
Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Monty1952 »

NeilForza wrote:No recall notice as yet but rang the dealers to book mine in, as I want it done on a Saturday I have to book 2 weeks in advance.
Dealers said they couldn't do without the notice but I explained my VIN comes up on the recall site and it instructs I contact my dealers!
He said that as I was booking in for two weeks time he would book it ion the hope I get my notice by then..... Notice or not they are going to do the work, apparently its less hassle for them if they have the note.
Not sure where you are but in Canada the code on the fuel pump is different if its the recall. They cant even order a replacement without that special code if they dont have the notice. If they order a regular code item then they get charged and cant get a refund. All sounds plausible but still BS!
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!