General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MattyPCX150au

Post by MattyPCX150au »

Hi All,
I've joined the PCX family with an MY15 PCX 150.
Are there any first off upgrades to should do?
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Re: Newbie

Post by Duggle »

Take off the dealer license plate frame (advertisement) and replace it with a plain black frame like I just did today (or a bling frame if you like that). The old version Honda motorcycle cover will still fit. Hold off on the trunk rack until you find out what is supposed to fit on the 2015.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Spreading a welcome your way Matty :P
I'm not really sure which PCX you have, I'll guess it to be a 2014/15 (in your country?)
Here I go guessing again :roll: Purdy pleeze....post your location for us??

Add-ons? I'm Waiting, not available. Add-ons for me: windscreen (likely clear), rear rack, and a Honda Service manual (the Big one). I've already tried to order the screen and rack at Honda, not available. Parts Mgr. sees nothing on his Computer.
However, I'm happy about ordering the newest 2013-2015 Honda Service Manual. A absolute must have!! I stress that with conviction of the heart ;)
So in the meantime hold tight and enjoy that sweet ride. :P Time will pass fast enough and our goodies will surface. Cheers!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I noticed the 2015 150cc manual was available, and as the US and UK models seem very similar I'll probably order that as no UK dealers entertain the manual being available. I thought the Puig (can't remember it's real name) was available for the 2015 model - I'm considering a large screen, not so much for stopping wind as I only commute in town, but maybe to help stop most of the rain getting over the dash and fuel filler area when it pelts down.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I noticed the 2015 150cc manual was available, and as the US and UK models seem very similar I'll probably order that as no UK dealers entertain the manual being available. I thought the Puig (can't remember it's real name) was available for the 2015 model - I'm considering a large screen, not so much for stopping wind as I only commute in town, but maybe to help stop most of the rain getting over the dash and fuel filler area when it pelts down.
MattyPCX150au

Post by MattyPCX150au »

Sorry.
Located in Australia. Mine is a MY15 model so it has the clock and LED lights. I was thinking maybe an exhaust, something to give a little extra power.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums. I am already seeing some add-on parts being advertised here in Thailand. Google search 'Mad Max Bangkok' or 'Jack Shop Bangkok' and you are likely to find something.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Welcome along!! :-)
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
socoguy78
Regular User
Regular User

Post by socoguy78 »

Duggle wrote:Take off the dealer license plate frame (advertisement) and replace it with a plain black frame like I just did today (or a bling frame if you like that). The old version Honda motorcycle cover will still fit. Hold off on the trunk rack until you find out what is supposed to fit on the 2015.
Mine never came with a dealership license plate frame :-/ I did get a free t-shirt with the dealerships name on it.
socoguy78
Regular User
Regular User

Post by socoguy78 »

Get your first service done at 600 miles... haha, I got mine done around 800 and the dealership listed it at 600 miles. Nice if I want to sell the scoot. 160 dollars later for the service I scooted off and I can tell it runs better. Sorta drove it hard, but not really. I wanted to see how well it ran and it rode beautifully. btw, the owner of the dealership talked to me for a long time in the morning and walked around all enthused about the new Honda NM4 and couldn't wait to show me. It made me think of a TRON bike from the TRON movie when he had his boys roll it out on the floor for me. I'm not sure what to think of it.