Humpless Seat from Powered byPCX

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Humpless Seat from Powered byPCX

Post by iceman »

I've got the new model so no hump, but there has been comment that things are much improved if people wedge their boots on the raised front rubber section pressing them back against the hump, rather than have their feet back and sit almost on the hump. Not sure if this is true, or works for everyone, but maybe worth a try.
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

GeezyRider wrote:
dustin91 wrote:Beyond that, I'll probably have to get some cushion accessory and remove the hump myself.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Airhawk cushions. One of those might solve all your comfort issues.
I have an Airhawk on my Forza ... made a huge difference in comfort! I spent three hours on my scoot last Thursday and was never "squirmy".
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I just put an AirHawk 2 on my 2013 PCX150 yesterday, but probably won't get a chance to ride it until the weekend. One thing to note - those air bladders should never be fully inflated.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

What's an air Hawk? Is it like a swim ring or something?
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

First, my bad... it's a DS model. But it's here: http://amzn.com/B00JYAZ4N0

It actually comes from a company called Roho that makes cushions and beds for medical purposes, to help avoid bed sores, for burn victims, etc. The air bladders are connected and distribute the air inside to support the weight as it moves. This one fits the PCX seat really well, bumped up against the hump in mine, and tapers towards the front. Hope to get in a good ride over the weekend to really put it through its paces. I like that the bottom surface is a grippy rubber to hold onto the seat, and the sides are a vented mesh fabric which should allow for some airflow.

My only concern is the straps that hold it to the seat are elastic, which I'm sure will degrade over time, but replacing them with nylon should only be a few bucks at most.
rodsterinfl

Post by rodsterinfl »

Mel46, I am looking at the seat you bought from powered by PCX- Kan Type 1,2 for 59 euros. Did you also buy the under portion seal? Almost purchased it last night. My question to you and everyone else, Do you think that seat provides enough cushion or would I also need an AirHawk and if so, which one of those? I may have to go to the doctor over the pain. It is not my back. It really hurts to sit in a chair! I obviously overdid it riding on the PCX nearly all day in town. I want to ride it but the soreness is keeping me off it.

There are several Airhawks. Which one best fits a PCX for touring? I still have the original seat.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Roadster, check my post just above with the Amazon link - this one fits the stock PCX seat perfectly for me.
rodsterinfl

Post by rodsterinfl »

I spoke with Airhawk who recommended the DS for the PCX. Ordered it.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

When I ride the seat is quite comfortable, though it is not as cushioned as the one my wife has. Still, we ride for 4 to 5 hours at a time, and only my back feels the pain, not my butt. Of course, one of the advantages of this one is that I can move back and forth while riding.

Yes, I did purchase the seal when I purchased it. The shipping was the killer on this seat, which turned out being more than the cost of the seat itself. It was worth it. I just have to either find one that gives me back support, or add something to this one, which I don't know how to do.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

I've had several back surgeries myself, does the DS pad really make a difference, because it cost just as much as a new seat from PowerByPCX?
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

If I haven't recommended this in the thread already, let me do so now: http://amzn.com/B006ZRC5IC

This is a gel seat with a neoprene cover (he has a sheepskin-covered one as well). Fits right up against the hump, but I just removed the hump and will be placing this over the holes instead. I found it more comfortable than the AirMax because the gel doesn't shift around when you reposition your butt on a ride like the air in the bladders does in the AirMax.

It also has a non-slip underside which I like a lot, so there's very little to no movement on the seat.

My only complaint is with the straps that hold the cushion to the seat, which end in wide right-angle hooks, and are a little tough to position just right so they stay under the PCX seat when closed. I'm going to make a new strap with nylon belt and a buckle so that the belt will go all the way around the seat, and just velcro the cushion to that (it attaches to the included belt with velcro as well, so it should be an easy mod).
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I started noticing the seat after even 50 mile trips. Be nice to see a US supplier appear too. It would probably be even more expensive. o_O