Pcx Max tire size front and rear?

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Re: Pcx Max tire size front and rear?

Post by Tribpreper »

dasshreddar wrote:Hey scooterman...
Yeah to each their own... so don't tell some one "you'll have that 140 off in a week"... :roll:
He didn't. I did. Do you drink to excess? Do you find yourself fondling small animals? Have you stopped beating your girlfriend? I would assume; "wife", but, none would marry you.
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

dasshreddar wrote:Just grouping the tire haters together... my bad. the :roll: gets them every time :lol: :lol:
"haters?" Ahhh, a TV propaganda airhead. So, tell me, what, or whom, is it we are hating, Mr. dasshreddar?
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

kramnala58 wrote:@tribprepper .... We don't need the personal attacks on here ... We can have differences of opinion but imo you step over the line when you make comments such as drinking in excess; fondling small animals; beating your girlfriend. You can take that stuff to another forum, we don't need it here. If others feel differently, let me know and I'll keep quiet and take my opinions elsewhere.
It's called tongue-in-cheek humor, and if anyone is 'offended' by it, then they made a choice to be so.

And what's that "We" stuff? The only thing you run around here is your mouth.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Tribpreper wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:@tribprepper .... We don't need the personal attacks on here ... We can have differences of opinion but imo you step over the line when you make comments such as drinking in excess; fondling small animals; beating your girlfriend. You can take that stuff to another forum, we don't need it here. If others feel differently, let me know and I'll keep quiet and take my opinions elsewhere.
It's called tongue-in-cheek humor, and if anyone is 'offended' by it, then they made a choice to be so.

And what's that "We" stuff? The only thing you run around here is your mouth.
There's having a laugh and taking it too far. If your not going to play nice then go somewhere else, like a level crossing or a busy road or something. :(
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

Alibally wrote:If your not going to play nice then go somewhere else,
No.
I have broken not one forum rule.

How do you justify chastising me for retorting the one who was mocking me, while silently condoning the infantile mockery of another member? Up till that point all I had posted was a tire analysis. Why didn't you immediately chastise him for mocking a new member? Can you explain your selective outrage? Mocking people is a form of abuse. And those who do so are abusers. A psychologist will tell you people with that particular personality disorder are manifesting this behavior in most of their relationships. (see drinking, animals and women)
Perhaps I was defending myself acerbically, but I was defending myself nonetheless. And I will continue to do so, defending both myself and others when anyone abuses another, and good members sit idly by!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Tribpreper wrote:
No.

How do you justify chastising me for retorting the one who was mocking me, while silently condoning the infantile mockery of another member? Up till that point all I had posted was a tire analysis. Why didn't you immediately chastise him for mocking a new member? Can you explain your selective outrage? Mocking people is a form of abuse. And those who do so are abusers. A psychologist will tell you people with that particular personality disorder are manifesting this behavior in most of their relationships. (see drinking, animals and women)
Perhaps I was defending myself acerbically, but I was defending myself nonetheless. And I will continue to do so, defending both myself and others when anyone abuses another, and good members sit idly by!

Wasn't this just a discussion about tyre sizes? Perhaps ignore this thread for a while until you have things back in context?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

Tribpreper wrote:
No.
Really.
See - This forum is designed to facilitate civil discussion among adults about scooters, specifically focusing around the Honda PCX. All members are expected to act as adults and treat each other as adults. This means no personal insults, flaming, or unnecessary criticism. You are expected to respect others and be treated respectfully at all times, regardless of your age, gender, race, preferences, or opinions. Cussing is allowed and encouraged.

To say that someone beats their wife is out of order. If I make a comment is usually an opinion about the bike, not the person and in jest so I stand by what I say.

Getting back to tyre sizes then...........
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

Alibally wrote: Cussing is allowed and encouraged.
I must apologize. For I now see that I have entered the wrong forum. I failed to notice that in the forum rules, and will now vacate.
I wish only the best for all here. God bless.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I think all he was trying to say is that the comment was in poor taste. We're not asking you to leave we are just asking that you be slightly more respectful. We rub each other all the time just not in that way.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Tribpreper, please reconsider. I believe your knowledge will be an asset here. I learned something from you already & I look forward to (or I was looking forward to) learning more. Not only on "this" thread but any of the many threads on the forum(s).
How about this > go ahead, Walk out the door, shut it behind you, take a few steps turn around, walk back, open the door, say hello, pause. Now listen. You will hear me saying, Welcome. That's a start.
Secret told? I have done exactly this in life, more than once with family and outside of it. I have had success, and those involved learned something too. We all make mistakes, we also forgive.
Just by starting over ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

Mgalutia88 wrote:I think all he was trying to say is that the comment was in poor taste. We're not asking you to leave we are just asking that you be slightly more respectful. We rub each other all the time just not in that way.
Exactly. I was actually agreeing with most of his comments although the bit about under steering a 125/150cc scooter was a bit strange.
I don't say everyone on here are angels and there is a fair bit of disagreement about things but that's the whole point of a forum, but I just thought his comments to dasshredder were in poor taste and felt I had to say something.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Alibally wrote:
Mgalutia88 wrote:I think all he was trying to say is that the comment was in poor taste. We're not asking you to leave we are just asking that you be slightly more respectful. We rub each other all the time just not in that way.
Exactly. I was actually agreeing with most of his comments although the bit about under steering a 125/150cc scooter was a bit strange.
I don't say everyone on here are angels and there is a fair bit of disagreement about things but that's the whole point of a forum, but I just thought his comments to dasshredder were in poor taste and felt I had to say something.
That was my point Alibally, so I also spoke up. I felt I was being respectful in communicating it to him, as I feel you were, but the response was
It's called tongue-in-cheek humor, and if anyone is 'offended' by it, then they made a choice to be so. And what's that "We" stuff? The only thing you run around here is your mouth,
thus I will choose not to comment on it further.

I guess the best way to respond to posts like that is to click on the 'Report this post' button, outline our concern to Maddiedog (Dave), and then let him make the decision as to whether it should be addressed. I don't have any problem with members expressing a difference of opinion, even strongly, but comments like
Do you drink to excess? Do you find yourself fondling small animals? Have you stopped beating your girlfriend? I would assume; "wife", but, none would marry you,
seem to cross the line of the forum rules.

Dave (Maddiedog), what say you? Are we being too sensitive, or is our concern warranted. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if we are being too sensitive, I for one will hold my opinion from here on out.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

Agreed. If there is a next time it'll be reported but it really gets my back up stuff like that.
Hopefully thats the end of the matter.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Posts with content I edited out (they had GOOD stuff in them, but some addressing the nonsense):

Dasshreddar -- “Just grouping the tire haters together... my bad. the :roll: gets them every time :lol: :lol:
(right before this drama and bullcrap thread was started)

Kramnala58 – “@tribprepper .... We don't need the personal attacks on here ... We can have differences of opinion but imo you step over the line when you make comments such as drinking in excess; fondling small animals; beating your girlfriend. You can take that stuff to another forum, we don't need it here. If others feel differently, let me know and I'll keep quiet and take my opinions elsewhere.”
(in response to Tribpreper's outbreak)

Kramnala was right, we don't need personal attacks on here, and that's why these posts were moved. Please keep it civil, ladies and gents. Everyone should be good to everyone, let's keep this place happy and fun. :)

If you're ever offended, please PM me (maddiedog) ASAP and I'll look into it. Don't reply to offending posts; that will inflame the situation further. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes