2015 PCX150 US

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

alkiax

2015 PCX150 US

Post by alkiax »

So never owned a bike or scooter of any kind, but have ridden before. Have done my research and decided the pcx150 is perfect for the city driving I'll do. I was going to get a 2013 and had a price of $3,000 otd. Not the best and it wasn't white, but I was okay with it. I said something about wanting white and he said they had a white one due for delivery July 11th and it was a 2015 model. Gave me a price of $3,449 otd on it. Now I think it's worth the $500 to get the newer one, but I'm coming here just to get some opinions on the matter. Been stalking the forums for a while reading. Nice to actually post :)
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Re: 2015 PCX150 US

Post by Ben Lee »

alkiax wrote:So never owned a bike or scooter of any kind, but have ridden before. Have done my research and decided the pcx150 is perfect for the city driving I'll do. I was going to get a 2013 and had a price of $3,000 otd. Not the best and it wasn't white, but I was okay with it. I said something about wanting white and he said they had a white one due for delivery July 11th and it was a 2015 model. Gave me a price of $3,449 otd on it. Now I think it's worth the $500 to get the newer one, but I'm coming here just to get some opinions on the matter. Been stalking the forums for a while reading. Nice to actually post :)
I had the same options, just the other way around.. also wanted a white one. But te 2015 in white is due September, (in Belgium) while they had a new 2013 sitting in the store. The 2015 was only to be delivered in mat black and mat grey...
Since I needed it fast I chose to get the 13... I don't regret it, there's not that much difference, but already bought a clock ( the 2015 has one on the dash ) and thinking of adjusting the hump...(no hump on the 2015). The cost of those two is the difference between mine and the 2015... in your case it would be half the 500$... and you will be getting extra 2 liter fuel tank, nice led lights, slightly bigger booth and a better seat...

I would say go for the 2015...

Ben.
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

alkiax, Hi! Glad you stopped lurking and are joining in :P
2015 PCX arriving July 11 with an OTD price of $3,449? Really? Wow! I'm moving! Just tell me where to 8) I'm in New York and the dealers here tell me they have no set delivery dates. :lol: Mama didn't raise no fool, I know they want to unload the 2013's first but, when push comes to shove...Money talks and truth unfolds (eventually).
I have a bit of concern. Are You absolutely positive about the OTD price? Did the salesperson that quoted $3,449 put that in writing? Salespeople here are notorious for writing prices on the back of their business cards. When they do, I ask them to sign and date "that" card as well. If they refuse, I know I caught them at their game. No satisfaction, no sale. I am the customer. I have the money they want. Let's make an honest deal. If not. I Walk.
Consider these added costs: A destination charge of $310.00 set by Honda, tags and registration, & other fees, etc.
Did the sales rep mention any of that? No? Hmmm :roll:

On a Very HIGH note?..I'm super happy for You if you get that White 2015 PCX by mid July for $3,449!! That would be Fabulous (wanted to say totally Awesome :D but will refrain this "one time" for member 2yous ;)
GOOD LUCK 2 U !!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

alkiax wrote:Gave me a price of $3,449 otd on it.
I don't believe that's OTD. That may be base price + tax, title, fee 1, fee2, and fee 3.

It's highly unlikely that a dealer is selling a BRAND NEW scoot OTD for MSRP.
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

This is what I got from him in the email.
Yes. I will back out our normal freight, prep, and doc fees to make your otd $3449.

I went there at lunch and did paperwork and put down my deposit to hold it. I got my copy of all of it so I'm guessing I'm good. They were even agreeing with me it was a better deal to get it instead of trying to offload one of their many 13s on me. It was 3449 including everything, but my tag and title. So I guess not entirely out the door, but I'm still happy.
Last edited by alkiax on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Where are you located?
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

JoshM wrote:Where are you located?
Oklahoma
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Make a photocopy of that email and keep it on your person every time you visit that dealership. Your Ammo. It's all you've got, oh yeah plus the receipt(?) for the deposit you gave for a new 2015 PCX. Was the paperwork a contract? Signed by both of you?
Paying extra for registration and title is normal it's your $$ responsibility. He'll add that to the $3,449.
Oh and don't forget to investigate and purchase scooter insurance, :ugeek: aww you know that already.

EXCITED? You should be. I know I am :P

Oh wait! Ask that they call you when "your" scoot arrives. Try to go see it, take a few photos of it including a clear & close shot of the full VIN#. Your insurance company will need it and it just may come in handy during or after the sale. ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

alkiax wrote:This is what I got from him in the email.
Yes. I will back out our normal freight, prep, and doc fees to make your otd $3449.

I went there at lunch and did paperwork and put down my deposit to hold it. I got my copy of all of it so I'm guessing I'm good. They were even agreeing with me it was a better deal to get it instead of trying to offload one of their many 13s on me. It was 3449 including everything, but my tag and title. So I guess not entirely out the door, but I'm still happy.
Sound like you got a GOOD deal. Hopefully it works out that way. Congrats!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

I called two dealers in the state. Both said they will not even take orders for the 2015 PCX150 until "sometime in July".
Cue: Jeopardy music.....
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Good jingle pick! You've got me doot doot dooting now
We'll see what July brings :roll:
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

I'm extremely excited. Just hoping it comes in when he says it is and everything goes well.
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

alkiax wrote:I'm extremely excited. Just hoping it comes in when he says it is and everything goes well.
That's what I'd be worried about. But should aleardy be on the boat at this point. Usually 3 weeks on the boat, and another few at the port. Then transport to where you're at. Good luck, and good call on the 2015. I dig the white too. Unfortunately, I think we're going to get the stalk turn signals in the US just like the current PCX. Last time I checked, Honda was still showing the Euro version on the US Honda website. Of course cause it looks better!
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

A few days later than they said, but my 2015 pcx came in yesterday afternoon. I'm picking it up after work today!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

alkiax wrote:A few days later than they said, but my 2015 pcx came in yesterday afternoon. I'm picking it up after work today!
That is much sooner than I would have thought.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P I'm Smiling Really Big Now!! :P
Got to call my dealer(s)!
Heads up USA PCX'ers the 2015 has arrived!
Congrats alkiax!!! Let us know what you paid for it...purdy please :D

Celebration Time! 8)

In case that ^^ didn't work! Try this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AYCwIxdSRQs
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

Paperwork is mostly done. They are forgoing fees to make it $3,449 otd . Then I'm sure ttl will cost me $200 or so
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

WhiteNoise wrote::P I'm Smiling Really Big Now!! :P Got to call my dealer(s)! Heads up USA PCX'ers the 2015 has arrived! Congrats alkiax!!! Let us know what you paid for it...purdy please :D Celebration Time! 8)
Oh yes purdy please, purdy please!
Mega dittos to everything above!
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

finally got it home

http://tinypic.com/r/1zlg3sj/8

I love that the taillights are integrated

http://tinypic.com/r/2pyvxo8/8
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

Congratulations alkiax! She's gorgeous. Thanks for the encouraging pictures. Very happy for you!