Stopped for speeding.

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Stopped for speeding.

Post by edscoot »

Got pulled over by the police today.

I saw blue lights in the mirrors so I pulled into a lay-by and switched off.
The policeman came over to me and asked what the maximum speed was for a learner motorcyclist. I told him it was the same as everyone else ( I was doing about 55 on a 60 limit A road).
He didn't believe me and said it was 45mph! I said no it wasn't, so he went back to his car and got on the radio for 5 minutes.
He then returned my driving license and told me I was correct.
He is from Northern Ireland where learners are restricted to 45, he also said those who have passed their full bike test in N.I. aren't allowed to go over 45 for the first year after passing.
He said he's been in England for 6 years and didn't know the speed limit for learners/CBT etc is the same as everyone else :roll:

In the lay-by a flat bed lorry was parked up, on it, there was a Harrier jump Jet :? .
No wings, tail plane, engine, cockpit canopy or any internals, electrics etc. just the air frame with a lot of little bits stuck to it with straps hanging from them - a bizarre, and rather sad sight.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Stopped for speeding.

Post by Woolley »

Comes to something when the public have to tell the police the law. Jesus...

Did you not take any pics of the plane?
ImageImage ImageImage Image
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

It was yet another occasion when I should have had my camera with me but didn't. I can't think what's going to be done to it. Maybe just scrap.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Musta been a write off :lol:
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

I got a £60 fine and three points for doing 40mph in a 30mph zone....fair enough i guess except the road was VERY wide with 2 lanes on each side of the road, NO traffic and NO houses on either side.....bummer !!!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Stopped for speeding.

Post by Woolley »

I got 3 points and a £60 fine for going down a bus only road. 3 months later it wasnt a bus only road anymore...
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I've never been pulled over on my scooter before. The police look the other way here for scooterists. I speed regularly, and will run lights or roll stop signs so that I don't have to brake... I've also ridden in HUGE scooter rallies where some riders would "plug" the intersections to keep the ride together. I've seen it done in front of cops, and they just ignored us. I think cops in the UK are very different from the ones here.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

maddiedog wrote:I've also ridden in HUGE scooter rallies where some riders would "plug" the intersections to keep the ride together. I've seen it done in front of cops, and they just ignored us. I think cops in the UK are very different from the ones here.
Only time ive ever seen that happen was when there was hundreds of hells angels riding down the main road near my house. Their UK chapters house is literally 5 minutes drive from me. Police didnt bat an eyelid, they dont mess with hells angels lol.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Shit, no one messes with Hell's Angels. They're crazy. o_O
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Stopped for speeding.

Post by Woolley »

maddiedog wrote:Shit, no one messes with Hell's Angels. They're crazy. o_O
true story.
Just noticed my typo, not their whole UK chapter, just the Wolverhampton chapter is by my house.