Forza versus Majesty

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Lecompte
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Forza versus Majesty

Post by Lecompte »

I currently own a 2011 PCX 125. Am satisfied with the scoot but even though I consider myself a rookie,
the scoot seems light to me. I read this forum from "cover to cover" and am debating myself about
moving to a heavier scoot.
At first thought about simply going to a PCX 150 but then realized that's no real decision. Keeping in my mind
that I am 60+ and the next scoot could very well be my last purchase. So then I started looking and researching
the Forza versus the Majesty. Must admit the particular shade of red for the Forza does nothing for me, but
it is what it is and I must live with it, if that is my choice. But here comes the Majesty! Great looking scoot,
seems to be well built, but heck, that is what this forum is for!
So Ladies and Gents, tell me what you think about these two bikes. I am a very casual rider, mostly city riding
and probably will avoid an interstate like the plague. The scoot provides stress relief for me and when I am riding,
it makes me feel great. And the wifey tells me she ain't about to get on that thing!
I await your replies on pluses and minuses on either scoot.
Let the fun begin!

Thanks in advance.
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Re: Forza versus Majesty

Post by JoshM »

Based solely on looks alone, Forza all the way. IMO, the Forza is just a bigger PCX which is why I'm actually thinking about getting one this fall/winter when prices go back down.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If mostly doing city riding, a Kymco People GT300i is far and away your best bet.
http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/scoote ... index.html
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

Stick with Honda Forza, is is the best!
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
garrup

Post by garrup »

........since you mentioned the Majesty, i had to look it up. I take it you mean the 400cc machine?
It looks like a decent choice if you are going to be needing a highway scoot. But you said you plan to do most of your riding around town. A 250cc scooter might easily take care of you. You said you are presently on a 125cc machine. In lieu of that, i'd want to save a few bucks myself and go to the Forza instead. Kymco also makes a good machine. So good, in fact, that Kawasaki is using one to complete their scooter lineup. They have dubbed it the J300, but i don't think it is available in America yet.
I can personally testify that the Forza 300 will give you all the "normal" highway/commuter speed you can wish for. Its acceleration will bring a smile to your face, and it handles very well indeed. Have fun shopping, whatever you buy. :D
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Le,
You've read about the Forza here. Why not goto the Majesty forum and read what actual owners say about it. Sign up and ask them the same question.
Then when you think you are ready to buy, goto the dealer and actually sit on the skut OFF the center stand to see how it fits YOU.
If they have anything used, they may permit a demo ride (unlikely, but it does happen).
Call your insurance company and ask the difference in premiums.
Consider the difference in mpg & accessories you may want.
Compare maintenance intervals/costs IF they are important to you.
Being in the Forza forum, you should realize which way the opinions will slant regardless of what actually fits you.
edit: Fit is subjective to how you feel when it is your own rear sitting in the saddle.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

Lecompte wrote:I currently own a 2011 PCX 125. Am satisfied with the scoot but even though I consider myself a rookie,
the scoot seems light to me. I read this forum from "cover to cover" and am debating myself about
moving to a heavier scoot.
At first thought about simply going to a PCX 150 but then realized that's no real decision. Keeping in my mind
that I am 60+ and the next scoot could very well be my last purchase. So then I started looking and researching
the Forza versus the Majesty. Must admit the particular shade of red for the Forza does nothing for me, but
it is what it is and I must live with it, if that is my choice. But here comes the Majesty! Great looking scoot,
seems to be well built, but heck, that is what this forum is for!
So Ladies and Gents, tell me what you think about these two bikes. I am a very casual rider, mostly city riding
and probably will avoid an interstate like the plague. The scoot provides stress relief for me and when I am riding,
it makes me feel great. And the wifey tells me she ain't about to get on that thing!
I await your replies on pluses and minuses on either scoot.
Let the fun begin!

Thanks in advance.

The Forza and the Majesty are both great machines.
Obviously, I, like most others here are Honda centric, so Forza is better..

BUT,

Some questions about your post.

First, What is wrong with a bike being light? That's the main attraction of the PCX to me is it's power to weight ratio.
By light, do you mean susceptible to cross winds or blasts from oncoming vehicles?
If so, then another 100 pounds of mass and a few inches of wheelbase/rim diameter still won't make it an Electra-glide.

Upgrading to the PCX 150 won't give much more than you have already in power or stability, so I'll give you that.

You don't do interstates, or 2 up riding, and mostly city driving is what your looking for, sounds like you have the perfect bike already.
Maybe a few mods to make you feel better about the PCX, and save the dough.
Just my $.02

chuck
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

Are you thinking you might like ABS? Then it will have to be a Forza.
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have seen them both, as well as a Kymco Downtown 300i, which looks a lot like a bigger pcx. I sat on the Forza and was uncomfortable. I am 60+ also. I just traded down from a Burgman 400, which was a beautiful bike. I would have preferred either a Majesty or a Kymco but for dependability you can't beat a Honda. If you like the 125, you will love the pcx 150, and there are plenty of custom parts for it. Most pcx 125 parts fit the 150. I traded down because I am getting older and am mostly riding in town now. You can't beat a pcx for maneuverability. Yes, it is light. That is a plus and a minus, depending on how you use the scooter. In short, there are a lot of choices out there and your choice may not be the same as mine, but I chose the 150 because it can go on the freeway if you need it to and yet it is a great around town scooter. If you like your 125, you will love the 150. By the way, I have a friend who has a 200cc Chinese scooter, and my Honda pcx 150 is faster and more dependable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Lecompte
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Lecompte »

First of all, thanks to all of you for your replies. They were all great and informative, which is why I posted
on this forum. I have been to the Yamaha Forum and more specifically the Majesty sub-forum, but quite
honestly there is little "going on" there. Go figure.

Willajabir-yes, great suggestion to go sit on each and see how they each feel. Such a basic and smart idea
but yet I have not done it. That is now in my plans. I guess it's also called working two jobs and taking
care of a sick wife that takes up a "little" of my time. LOL

Atis- Yes, ABS is apparently a big+++ and for about $500 more you have additional peace of mind with it.

Mel46- Have read a lot of your comments and must admit I may have to reconsider the 150. Love that color!!
You also mentioned the dependability issue which you hear so often. Gotta be something to it! Another factor
to your 150 comment is I could probably go ahead and get the 150 right away with trade/sale of my 150 and
the current sales now going on for 2014s? (to say the least, this old boy ain't Donald Trump or the like!)

Again, thanks to all. You are a great group. Heading to Gatlinburg area first week of June for a family vacation,
but alas the PCX will be at home. Perhaps one of these days I'll pull it up there.........
Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Hoyt »

You will have to test them, because you will be the driver, but here are the pros in my opinion.

Forza :
- better for city
- smoother
- less gaz
- lighter
- cheaper
- lower seat (690 vs 750mm)

Majesty :
- a little bigger
- more power and speed
- more comfort (i think)
Lecompte
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Lecompte »

Thanks! As the old boy said one day at school: "Now I'm all confused!".

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. They were all very useful.
TechFrog

Post by TechFrog »

I might be late to the discussion, but thought I would add a bit to the discussion. I had a PCX 125, loved it. Sold it, got a PCX150. Rode a Majesty, bought a Forza 300. Most everything has been said here, but I'll add that the Majesty is a fantastic machine. I prefer it to the Burgman actually, but I'd only choose the Majestly over the Forza if I did over 75% highway riding. So, here is my breakdown:

PCX150. Fantastic. By far, the best city bang for your buck. It's the do (almost) everything nimble little scooter that gets insane fuel economy, but is limited in highway ability being a 300 lbs 13hp vehicle. Engine is smooth as silk.

Forza 300. About 100lbs more and 11-12hp more than the PCX. Slightly less nimble in the city, but the low center of gravity helps. It does highway quite comfortably and has a cruising range of 200 or more miles thanks to really good fuel economy. I'm getting about 70 average. (US) It's smooth and refined like the PCX and even quieter.

Majesty. Heavier yet, at nearly 500lbs, 33 or so horsepower, so even though it feels great to ride, and it does, it's not as nimble as the Forza in the city, but excels on the open road. The good thing about this scoot is, you can find a used one that is 3-4 years old, and it's the same as the current ones. Color changes basically. But, unless you do much more highway riding, I'd favor the Forza. If you did almost all city riding (under 60 or so) then the PCX.

I still use my PCX150 for quick errands around town. During heavy traffic times, I can get across Los Angeles on my PCX faster than any other mode of transportation, but if I had to have only one to do everything, I'd have to choose my Forza.

PS I also own a Piaggio BV350 which I'm going to sell because I prefer the Forza.

Cheers all,

Jim
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome! Excellent informative write up TechFrog. Very well put, thank you ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

TechFrog wrote: PS I also own a Piaggio BV350 which I'm going to sell because I prefer the Forza.
Jim, would you mind elaborating on this a bit?

I've had a Fly 150 before my PCX150 and I'd say they are nearly identical in terms of speed, acceleration, fit and finish, etc. The only department the PCX excels in would fuel economy (~60 vs ~85) and, IMO, looks.

Upon looking for a second scoot, slightly larger, I'm at a toss up between the Forza and BV350 in particular with a few others way behind.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

JoshM:

To save poor Jim a ton of typing on another well-written reply, (which he has already impeccably done), take a look over here...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.p ... 09&page=62

That is my other home, and I find some other fascinating stories and people there. I would feel guilty (actually, kinda' whorish) for leaving this place and sneaking out to find another forum, but......who got the entire (other) forum excited and charged up about voting in a scooter over some squids for a riders picture of the week...????

Maddiedog!!

Long live Maddiedog!! ...And the dog, of course :lol: :lol: :lol:
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

Many thanks, MichRocks!
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

gn2 wrote:If mostly doing city riding, a Kymco People GT300i is far and away your best bet.
http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/scoote ... index.html
Kymco People GT300i Seat is almost 33" High. That would depend upon the riders height.
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Not necessarily, depends on whether the seat is wide or narrow, soft or hard, how wide the deck is and how soft the suspension is, oh and the leg and foot length of the rider.
As with all scoots, try on for fit before you buy.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong