Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Pcxdemon »

New project about to start,hopefully bit more poke too...

nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Yuminashi Pcx 164cc

Post by nribeiro »

Just awsome!!!

Could you tell me if the scooter with a big bore kit will over heat? Some one told me that there is 4 guys in Portugal with big bore on their PCX 125 and all of them had to stop the scooter cause the engine temp light switched on! I'm afraid of that if I go on with this big bore. That's why he told me the safest one will be big bore of 150.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

nribeiro wrote:Just awsome!!!

Could you tell me if the scooter with a big bore kit will over heat? Some one told me that there is 4 guys in Portugal with big bore on their PCX 125 and all of them had to stop the scooter cause the engine temp light switched on! I'm afraid of that if I go on with this big bore. That's why he told me the safest one will be big bore of 150.
Thats not what i like to hear nribeiro :lol: ...Depends on many things id say , lets say Takegawa is 169cc and its a good kit as it come from the shop :geek: but it wont like adding more to it like a big throttle body and other mods that will increase significant power or it most likely will blow head gaskets :roll: . Yuminashi is little smaller in size than Takegawa so head gasket will be bit wider and more safer so if installed properly shouldn't give any problems,I Hope! :|
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

But you already have one with big bode right? Or I'm confused?
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Post by chainsaw »

what are you doing head-wise? presume you are double springing or are you already double sprung? :D I will be picking up a 175 kit amongst other goodies in a few days and have many questions for reggy if i get to see him. luckily I have already convinced my girlfriend that picking up scooter parts in a foreign country following a two hour train ride to an ancient Siam city (Ayutthaya) is perfectly normal in these parts.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

chainsaw wrote:what are you doing head-wise? presume you are double springing or are you already double sprung? :D I will be picking up a 175 kit amongst other goodies in a few days and have many questions for reggy if i get to see him. luckily I have already convinced my girlfriend that picking up scooter parts in a foreign country following a two hour train ride to an ancient Siam city (Ayutthaya) is perfectly normal in these parts.
I'm double sprung already and reacently head's been cleaned up and valves lapped.
I think you will be first with 175kit with 150 head, that'll be interesting..make sure you get the 31mm throttle with it.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Injector,31mm throttle body, kn filter and exhaust should increase performance on stock 125 engine?
Or it cant handle this?
I'm not too interested for now to go for the big bore. Or it is better change tha valves only to get some power for now?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Yumi is all in, took us 2 cups of tea and some 3 hours putting it in together.We weren't rushing. The Yumi camshaft seems interesting,It has an overlap,seems like a long duration intake, valve adjustment was way out from the takegawa setting when we installed yumi cam.
Yumi uses single metal gasket where Takegawa is 3 layered metal gasket so that's where yumi gets higher compression at 12.3 vs 11.2...
Next couple of days ill change fresh oil and put it all together,then ill fill the coolant in and fire it up. Fingers cross itll be ok..

nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Hope it will work OK!
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by pcx125 »

Hi Pcxdemon

I knew you're very experienced and play around a lots with PCX125/150 and now on the way to a new project with Yumi .
Do you think INERTIA POWER BOOSTER SET YUMINASHI will help with the acceleration on PCX125 ? and if I need to upgrade vario set in the near further should I go alone with Yumi or Malossi Multivar 2000 set ?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

pcx125 wrote:Hi Pcxdemon

I knew you're very experienced and play around a lots with PCX125/150 and now on the way to a new project with Yumi .
Do you think INERTIA POWER BOOSTER SET YUMINASHI will help with the acceleration on PCX125 ? and if I need to upgrade vario set in the near further should I go alone with Yumi or Malossi Multivar 2000 set ?
Ive got no experience with either of those so cant really comment. Someone else on here has a yuminashi inertia and a malossi vario,maybe they can chim in...
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

the inertia booster you would need a bbk for it to help. my 150(stock motor with pipe) was slower all around but head wind didnt slow me as much so i believe it just helps with maintaining a higher speed. but some word of caution if u decide to install it make sure the fan is not in contact with radiator, mine was. no idea on the malossi vario tho im using the yumi and love it
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

First start up tonight,she works :o !! Tomorrow tupperware will go on and a little test ride. So far so good.... :)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Ok, after few days of riding and testing I have to say I'm very impressed with Yuminashi kit combo. It has really good power, acelaration is awesome,mid and top range is vicious. That camshaft profile is really pronounced vs takegawa one,Yuminashi is really extreme and awesome. It gave a Harley run for its money up to 100kmh of the lights...
Choice is clear, Yuminashi all the way.
The bad things now: I'm using just a bigger injector to fuel the kit and it's more than enough however I'm hoping that the ecu is still learning it's new parameters but when cold it's running quite rich on idle when cold to a point it may stall due to too much fuel being injected. I've had a little play with idle control valve to adjust the amount of air in the idle and that made a small difference but hopefully the computer will adjust soon enough and she'll be fine.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Awsome!!
Just a question about the camshaft. It can be installed on stock 125 bore with the Yumi valve springs only? Or I have to buy also the big bore?

Another question is due to a smell of gazoline I note in mine when starting cold. I may have a small conic filter and that's why.

Keep going with this extreme PCX tuning!!!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

nribeiro wrote:Awsome!!
Just a question about the camshaft. It can be installed on stock 125 bore with the Yumi valve springs only? Or I have to buy also the big bore?

Another question is due to a smell of gazoline I note in mine when starting cold. I may have a small conic filter and that's why.

Keep going with this extreme PCX tuning!!!
I'm not sure, best is to send an email to Yuminashi for that question. I remember when mine was still 125, I used takegawa cam and exhaust and it was a decent boost but yumi cam is really hot so I'm not sure how it may be on stock 125.
Talk to yumi, Reggy will guide you in the right direction.
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Post by chainsaw »

you can use the cam with stock bore but you will need more fuelling ie throttle body/injector, also you will have probs with camshaft touching the rockers.The rockers can be ground back or yuminashi have rockers to suit. I picked up some parts from reggy a few days ago and bombarded him with questions :D I bought most of the parts i needed off him bar the big bore kit and crankshaft (to suit 150). he is currently developing a new piston kit for the 150 as he wants it to be lighter than the one available now. He said it should be ready in a couple of months and i will get the rest of the parts then. Now i just have to find a decent engine builder in perth
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

So Vlad, takegawa ficon2 with 170cc bbk with cam for 15hp for $400 or yuminashi 175cc and rocker arms, cam, valve springs for $500?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:So Vlad, takegawa ficon2 with 170cc bbk with cam for 15hp for $400 or yuminashi 175cc and rocker arms, cam, valve springs for $500?
Yuminashi all the way Mike, my Pcx is like an angry chainsaw right now. Itll blow socks of an 300cc scooter to weeds.. :lol:
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Thanks for the reply.
After the torque spring change the PCX turned a litle demon!!! And yesterday I did a small mod on the JCosta vario. I modified the sliders so the total could be 90 grams. What a diference!!! If I'm at 40kph and accelerate just a bit what a boost!!! The engine rev's fast and powerfull!
I'm still not able to reach 120kph on flats but almost there and I'm still thinking if I'm not beeing unfair with her since in Lisbon I don't know why it's beeing windy more than usual!!! Even so my PCX is more powerfull than stock and can keep good speed with lot's of wind.

About upgrade mine... Probably I'll upgrade just the valves spring since the stock ones start to float before the electronic limiter kicks in and I think will help a lot. I want cheap mod's for the engine first.