Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Pcx Yuminashi Chainsaw 164!

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:I got just the yoshimura exhaust on my pcx150 2013, and I am thinking about the further mods, and I see anyway I have to mod the vario, you say daytona is smooth and might be the best. But on their website it comes only for pcx125 http://japan.webike.net/products/21431479.html. Will it work fine and just correct on my 150cc or I have to play with the slider's weights (where to buy the different weights?? it's not a roller and it is daytona specific), and If I install the 175cc kit from RZracing , will this vario still work correctly?

As I understand, the stock vario pushes the bike at maximum torque rpm area from 0 to 90kmh at about 7000rpm , then rpm moves upper to the maximum power area. And this in theory is just right setup. So why do we have to change these settings and go from 0 to 120kmh at the maximum power all the time, not at the peak torque at lower speeds? Is this right? May be it's better to keep the 7k rpm from the start to 50kmh, for example?
That vario you gave a link for to Webike is for 125 ESP model,whats the diff between the V1 and V2 125 Pcx is im not sure..
Any vario will be unaffected if you install bbk,but you will have to probably increase the weights more than likely to rain in extra power the engine would produce. In my opinion the Pcx performs best at 8000rpm 'wot' from stand still but no one says you have to ride with wot all and every time...Mine is set up for 8000rpm but when i take off most of the time i only need 1/2 the throttle around 7000rpm to keep well ahead of the cars from lights. When i get to 80kmh i have to close the throttle down to a 1/4 or less to maintain 80kmh at just a tick over 6000rpm range. Only when i want to go really fast and pop a wheelie from standing still will i use wot 8000rpm range.. I like to think of it with a lighter roller weight set that im making my throttle feel like a gear stick with 5-6 speed range instead standard set up from factory that feels like a 2-3 speed feel. Obviously you cant go to light or you will redline the engine on full throttle and be never able to reach higher speeds so there is a limit at how much one can lighten the weights.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

First, I am running the daytona vario on my pcx 150. Second the daytona vario comes without weights but uses the factory 20x15 size. My suggestion is to use 12g dr pulley sliders.
Second, the stock vario ramps don't extend all the way to the outside so it hinders performance considerably. Third, install a reinforced belt no matter if you make changes or not. It's not fun pushing the bike when the belt brakes. Trust me. Ive done it TWICE.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

One more quastion, takegawa camshaft have the decompression, yuminashi camshaft doesn't have.
Using the uminashi cam, does it makes any troubles at start-ups? (difficult cranking, battery issues, etc..) ?
Do you keep the "idle stop" function? I see they recommend to use a press to re-attach the idle stop mechanism to the new camshaft, did you do this?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:One more quastion, takegawa camshaft have the decompression, yuminashi camshaft doesn't have.
Using the uminashi cam, does it makes any troubles at start-ups? (difficult cranking, battery issues, etc..) ?
Do you keep the "idle stop" function? I see they recommend to use a press to re-attach the idle stop mechanism to the new camshaft, did you do this?
Yes, Takegawa cam comes with decomp option but you would have to transfer it from the stock cam hence you need a press to remove the bearing first to take the decomp feature out and reinstall it.
Yuminashi cam doesn't have that option. I've upgraded my battery to Shorai 14ah 210cc power and have no issues with starting the engine but I don't use idle stop anymore, it's bad for your battery life and I can't risk voltage dropping below certain amount as I'll be stranded. Idle stop is just a gimmick,the cost in fuel saving wouldn't be nowhere near the need to replace the battery due to drain from it. Some people over here that were using it all the time in the city were only getting just over 12 months from the battery life before needing to replace them again.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I visited thailand for vacation, and now I understand what the idle stop is for. Their traffic lights stays red for more than a minute at many crossroads, so idle stop seems works to prevent the overheating with thieir hot climate. In Siberia there is no such a heat outside so it shouldn't be a problem. From another side, sometimes car drivers ask me "is it a hybrid?" when they see me idle stopped at the crossroads, that's nice to fool them. :)

Yesterday I contacted Roman at RZracing.nl and now I have to make a choice between 190CC kit and a 175CC kit.
In my opinion the best bang-for-the-buck is 175CC, but the 190CC with the long-stroke crank will make me smile more when I will overtake other bikes and cars.
I am waiting to see the total pricelist for complete parts packages and then have to make a decision.
Their bbk kits seems different than Yuminashi parts make, I don't know actually who's better..
And madmax bangkok guy said me they don't use yuminashi bb kits at their race pcx, all they use is custom made.(Why so, for maximum possible power gain or for better quality made? seems both..)
It's better to trust Roman's experience and follow his advices, but it's important to try to understand things myself, where to keep an eye on and wich way to go, so that's why I am here in this section! :)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

As promised, little vid of how fast the Pcx is but unfortunately ive dropped my phone few weeks ago and it seems it damaged the sound recording so it has no sound.. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSfdcT3SdjI
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon wrote:Inertia booster modified...Should be hopefully perfect balance between smooth engine balance and top end power without loss of acceleration..
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... dyfp9r.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... xongdt.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... owodtf.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... xebpks.jpg
Ok, I've installed it last night after milling 200+ grams off couple of weeks ago. Took it for a ride and just simply it's a really good addition to the engine. Makes it so much more smoother and refined feeling to it. I've found that shaving off nearly half the weight is the best balance between smoothness and retaining punchiness of the engine. It also makes the scooter do wheelies of the line with just the throttle control...it did that in its full trim as well but it took its toll slightly afterwards on rest of the performance but now that it's been lightened I've got it to give me best of all options..

Highly recommended upgrade and it's cheap too... :)
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Vlad, how did you do that? A lathe? How much did you take off?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Vlad, how did you do that? A lathe? How much did you take off?
Yes,lathe machine. It's 250g now so I took off just over 200g...links to photos are in above post..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Yes,lathe machine. It's 250g now so I took off just over 200g...links to photos are in above post..

So if you have a lathe why not make your own and experiment?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

you you wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:

So if you have a lathe why not make your own and experiment?
I don't have a lathe, I know of workshop that does, to replicate one would cost more than just to ready buy one. o_O
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

So a shop that turns brake rotors ant drums could do this. I understand how much weight you removed but how deep? How much did you remove .125"?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:So a shop that turns brake rotors ant drums could do this. I understand how much weight you removed but how deep? How much did you remove .125"?
Shaved off half but I've left 5mm from the top.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mid range acceleration...50-100kmh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWC6otoeVo
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Glad to know that the little PCX is performing well!
Just a little question Pcxdemon, I've tried my little konic filter with no air box and what a diference. For now I'll keep the air box with it inside but not for to long because I loved the way the pcx performed. The question is: there is a small pipe that throw's air to inside the airbox. Probably from the valves head or so... What did you do to that small pipe? Or you run the filter inside the airbox?
Cheers and thanks in advance
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

nribeiro wrote:Glad to know that the little PCX is performing well!
Just a little question Pcxdemon, I've tried my little konic filter with no air box and what a diference. For now I'll keep the air box with it inside but not for to long because I loved the way the pcx performed. The question is: there is a small pipe that throw's air to inside the airbox. Probably from the valves head or so... What did you do to that small pipe? Or you run the filter inside the airbox?
Cheers and thanks in advance
Have a look at this vid, between 1min and 1.30 you can see a white canister just above the rear wheel.Its an oil catch with the breather coming out of it in to the filter box with its own little filter attached to the hose inside it. Also my k&n conic filter is also inside the box...

http://youtu.be/9IKj0cSM6ps

Picture of inside the air box but without air breather hose with its filter attached, just sits to the left of the pod.

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Well its true...higher engine compression really does make the engine more fuel efficient. Ive nearly doubled the engine's hp/torque output but the engine is 10% more fuel efficient than when it was 125cc....
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Really? That's insane
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Really? That's insane
Yea,didnt expect that...
Did a 170km ride thru the hills over the weekend with speeds up to 120-130 on the speedo,big hill climbs wot and she pulls speed on 10% gradient no worries,came home still had 4bars of fuel left.The rest ive almost used up today thru city riding and just started flashing at 210km. I can easily squeeze another 20-30k's before refuelling. In the past it would start flashing at 170-180 and i would run it to 200 before fuelling up which would give me around 2.7ish/100km with whats left in the tank so it seems im way below that figure now.
Cool ha!?
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013

Post by DAB »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Mgalutia88 wrote:Really? That's insane
Yea,didnt expect that...
Did a 170km ride thru the hills over the weekend with speeds up to 120-130 on the speedo,big hill climbs wot and she pulls speed on 10% gradient no worries,came home still had 4bars of fuel left.The rest ive almost used up today thru city riding and just started flashing at 210km. I can easily squeeze another 20-30k's before refuelling. In the past it would start flashing at 170-180 and i would run it to 200 before fuelling up which would give me around 2.7ish/100km with whats left in the tank so it seems im way below that figure now.
Cool ha!?
No surprise, that's why diesels are more efficient, but remember engines are constructed with the power output in mind (plus a safety factor). Bearings, con rods etc will all have limits which have been matched to the power output.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350