Be carefull out there

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

pony

Be carefull out there

Post by pony »

Thought I would post a video clip I spotted on the net:
How not to filter.......
Pony

http://cars.uk.msn.com/video-clips/?vid ... _video_hub
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Be carefull out there

Post by TC3 »

I would have ripped his head off! Great thing is his mate has it all on camera so big FAIL for the dickhead cab driver. Far as i am concerned filtering is one of the bonuses in owning a bike and just one of the many hazards you face as a biker.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

I bet insurance would still say its the bikers fault too. Same as if someone slams the brakes on for no reason and you go in the back of them its your fault. Even if the car in fronts brake lights dont work.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

This is the exact reason I don't lanesplit, I've had people try to bash me with their doors before. :x

In my state, I would be at fault for failure to maintain lane. In California, the only state where lane-splitting is legal, the driver would be at fault.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
pony

Post by pony »

Time for another motorcycle mishap :oops:
Pony

http://news.uk.msn.com/video-clips/?vid ... epermalink
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Pony you do know there are a huge amount of such videos floating about on you tube?
pony

Post by pony »

Hi TC3
Sory being silly, just wanted to try and join in with you guys.
Pony
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Dont feel like you cant join in pony, i think TC3 was just saying you can find more on youtube, you dont have to trawl through MSN news.
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

A bit off topic here but - Pony do you take your name because you have a horse or come into contact with horses? I quite often come across horse riders where I live, and the horses definitely don't like the PCX. Maybe because of the lights being on. They can get very nervous. Never really found this problem when driving a car.

I've wondered about stopping, switching off the engine and asking the rider if they want to introduce the horse to the scooter to get them used to motorcyclists. If you have any experience in this sort of thing, please share :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Wide, steady and slow past horses, don't toot, don't wave, don't flash lights.
The things are a sandwich short of a picnic at the best of times and will jump in the air at anything from a pheasant to a plastic bag.
My wife used to have one that would refuse to walk over a bridge if there was water underneath and it was a fight to get him across.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
pony

Post by pony »

Hi :D
Had a horse once, but i had to sell her :cry:
But i still love horses and ride when i can.

gn2 is right, horses can be a bit scatty, and it does hurt when you get thrown off a horse :roll:

And thanks for letting me join in with you guys.
Pony
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

speaking of horses...
Just found this video on youtube, and made me wonder why the police still use horses in the UK, seems cruel...
Cut to 2:50 to see what i mean.

I very much doubt the horses wanted to run into the middle of a crowd of angry protestors.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

pony wrote:Hi :D
Had a horse once, but i had to sell her :cry:
But i still love horses and ride when i can.

gn2 is right, horses can be a bit scatty, and it does hurt when you get thrown off a horse :roll:

And thanks for letting me join in with you guys.
Pony
No need to thank you for joining in here, discussions are what forums are for. This is an open forum too, so anyone can post. It's not as though we are letting you. :P

My wife's best friend had a horse, his name was Thunder. He was hilarious, but he panicked once and threw my wife off when she was trying to learn to ride. o_O Luckily, horse and rider were okay. She's since sold the horse too. She rides her mom's horse now. Her mom's horse is much more mild mannered, and wouldn't buck off anyone.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
pony

Post by pony »

[/quote]No need to thank you for joining in here, discussions are what forums are for. This is an open forum too, so anyone can post. It's not as though we are letting you. :P[/quote]

A sort of facebook for the PCX rider then :P
Hope to post some pics of my bike and me some time.
Love my bike
Pony