A GRAND DAY OUT. Post your pics.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Brian

A GRAND DAY OUT. Post your pics.

Post by Brian »

I had a good ride out to Bridlington on the east coast of Yorkshire. Stopped at the Seaways cafe in Fridaythorpe for a bacon butty and a cup of tea. Them on to Bridlington and a bag of chips (french fries) and a walk along the seafront. You can no doubt see a theme developing here. About 120 miles in all, sunshine all the way with a bit of a headwind on the way home.
Attachments
DSC00418 (1024x768).jpg
DSC00418 (1024x768).jpg (461.7 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
What is the color of wind?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: A GRAND DAY OUT. Post your pics.

Post by kramnala58 »

Brian wrote:Stopped at the Seaways cafe in Fridaythorpe for a bacon butty and a cup of tea.
You might have to clarify the butty for some non UK folks. Butty, aka sandwich. I lived in the northwest of England in my teens and loved a good chip butty. I think they may have also been referred to as sarny's on occasion, but my teen years were a little longer than a few weeks ago ;) so I can't remember for sure.

The trip looks and sounds fun.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Nice bike!
Brian

Post by Brian »

Bridlington in all its glory. Free parking for bikes too.
Attachments
DSC00422.JPG
DSC00422.JPG (306.98 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

What's the "L" for on the windshield? I'm jealous that you guys don't have the turn signal stocks but I would hate riding around with a "L" on my windshield.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

The L is like a learner's permit in the UK. But someone who actually lives there could explain better!
Brian

Post by Brian »

the "L" plate is a legal requirement for all learner drivers in the uk. Car or bike. When you have passed your test you can take it off.
to ride a 125 without "L" plates you need to pass 4 tests. Your CBT. (Compulsory Basic Training) Your Theory test. Module 1 bike test, ( manoeuvering, handling,emergency stop, cornering etc, all done off road) Module 2 test (about 30 mins on road with an examiner following you and instructing you by radio)
For a bigger bike up to 35kw you do another on road test. for a Big bike over 35kw you do another on road test. If you are 24 or over you can do a direct access test ( all 4 parts as above) but on a big bike over 35kw.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Wow that's a lot. In my state we have a written test which once you pass it you get your permit and then a driving test. If you take and pass the MSF course you get a card and to take to the DMV and then you can get your license. In my state it doesn't matter if it a 150cc or 1700cc it's all the same.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Brian wrote:the "L" plate is a legal requirement for all learner drivers in the uk. Car or bike. When you have passed your test you can take it off.
to ride a 125 without "L" plates you need to pass 4 tests. Your CBT. (Compulsory Basic Training) Your Theory test. Module 1 bike test, ( manoeuvering, handling,emergency stop, cornering etc, all done off road) Module 2 test (about 30 mins on road with an examiner following you and instructing you by radio)
For a bigger bike up to 35kw you do another on road test. for a Big bike over 35kw you do another on road test. If you are 24 or over you can do a direct access test ( all 4 parts as above) but on a big bike over 35kw.

Haha. You should be old. £12 and twice round the block back in the day.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

I went out for an hour or so . . . I think the Harley dealer thought I was taking the piss. :D