Givi vs Honda Screen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Givi vs Honda Screen

Post by blackcat54 »

Looking for feedback on this Givi screen vs the Honda screen.

http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/ho ... een-detail
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Givi vs Honda Screen

Post by Forza 300 »

So far I like my honda windscreen,I can see over it if it's raining bad or if the windscreen is dirty,but it's just wright for me as I get no wind just goes over my head and handle bars can turnFull with no windscreen contacts
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

The Honda screen leaves the hands in the wind....right?

The GIVI screen looks like it might afford more protection for the hands.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

While this is for the Forza, I just installed a Givi D322S on my PCX150, which does look similar to the Forza version in the pic. The PCX version offers no hand protection whatsoever. I'm also only barely 5'7", and have done a 100-mile ride with it so far. Definite improvement at higher speeds, not much wind buffeting, and a cinch to install. Even with it being only something like 7" or 8" taller (vertically) than the stock PCX screen (which is more like a flap than a screen!), it was definitely worth the investment. If I wanted to go with a taller version, the next one up from Givi is *really* tall, whereas there was an Ermax that looked like it would hit the sweet spot. Maybe they offer one for the Forza as well?
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

blackcat54 wrote:The Honda screen leaves the hands in the wind....right?

The GIVI screen looks like it might afford more protection for the hands.
You're correct, but so far no one has verified the Givi. Another post today shows 2 ordered and one being installed.
We should find out soon.
Here is the post:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2410
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

On our pcx the tall screen works great. We had the Givi mid height screen for awhile but the wind would hit our helmets, which was not comfortable when we were riding along at fuull speed. The tall screen even has hand protection.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Mel46 wrote:On our pcx the tall screen works great. We had the Givi mid height screen for awhile but the wind would hit our helmets, which was not comfortable when we were riding along at fuull speed. The tall screen even has hand protection.
Pics?
rew750

Post by rew750 »

Does anyone have the dimensions on the larger genuine Honda windshield for the Forza? And what about the Puig windshield for the Forza? I've looked on the internet and can't find them.

The Givi which I purchased is: Honda Forza 300 scooter is 28.7" high and 23.2" wide, approximately 8.3" higher than the original windscreen. The Puig just says it's 9.5 higher than original.

I like the Givi but it's about an 1 to 2 inches higher than what works for me as my slight line right at the top edge of the screen and I'd prefer to be looking just over it. I'm 5'9".
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Forza 300 »

I have a honda original screen ,I will check the dimensions ,and let you know

Forza 300 (Don)
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Honda touring screen rocks!
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Forza 300 »

The honda tall windscreen is tapered aprox 13" wide at top,aprox 15" wide in middle and 17" wide at bottom , and for height it's 10 1/2 " over top of dash panel to top of windscreen ,I'm 5 feet 10" tall and it's perfect for me , I can see over it but don't get the wind in my face. And if it's raining I can see over it ! Also when I turn the handle bars the mirrors don't contact the windscreen I think the mirrors might contact the givi tall windscreen unless it's positioned more upright, I really like the honda windscreen so far.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Has anyone considered or investigated the Fabbri screen? Mine was similar to Givi's quality on my Piaggio MP3 and coverage of the Fabbri was better (I had both back then and sold the Givi (both similar heights).
Just mentioning another screen option.

Here's their link: http://www.fabbriaccessori.com/prodotto ... o=623&l=en
I special ordered and bought mine in the U.S. From http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/index.php

Hope this doesn't add to the confusion, who am I kidding! Windscreens threads always get ya confused :lol: smoke, clear, low, medium, tall, trim it, raise it, ahh take the dang thing off! Right? Well, good luck with yer pickins! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
rew750

Post by rew750 »

Forza 300 wrote:The honda tall windscreen is tapered aprox 13" wide at top,aprox 15" wide in middle and 17" wide at bottom , and for height it's 10 1/2 " over top of dash panel to top of windscreen ,I'm 5 feet 10" tall and it's perfect for me , I can see over it but don't get the wind in my face. And if it's raining I can see over it ! Also when I turn the handle bars the mirrors don't contact the windscreen I think the mirrors might contact the givi tall windscreen unless it's positioned more upright, I really like the honda windscreen so far.
I have the Givi and there is no problem with the mirrors or handlebars hitting it. For me it's about an inch or two too high and I may cut it down.
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Forza 300 »

The honda wind screen does defect the air to the top of my helmet I'm 5 foot 10" at first I though it defected the air totally over my head then I notice the majority of air is deflected over my head and would say 30 % to 40 % hits the top half of my open faced helmet also the honda windscreen deflect about 60% to 70% of wind away from my hands ( I was wondering why my hands weren't as cold at same temperature as on my non windscreen honda sh150 scooter, so far really love the honda windscreen, no drawbacks so far with 400 kilometres of driving. I guess honda did there wind tunnel testing!
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

I'm 5'9". I picked up my Forza yesterday. I couldn't decide on the Honda or the Givi screen so I followed the aesthetic argument and went for the Honda.

The 40 mile rid back from the dealer on the motorway was very reassuring. I can ride at 70 with my visor up with nothing more than a gentle breeze on my face. At one point I lifted myself up a couple of inches and was reminded of the blast of air at that speed. Very happy with my choice.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

I have the Givi and at 5'11" it is nearly too tall. I think it would be too tall for 5'9" unless you don't mind looking through it. They do a good job of keeping wind off of the hands in the winter and no buffeting at highway speeds.

2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Grady
Year: 2014
Color: silver grey

Post by Grady »

I installed the Forza tall windshield. I am six feet tall. The wind no longer hits me in the chest at higher speeds, but I still get full blast wind into the helmet face. It's noisy in the helmet. I am thinking I might fabricate an addition made of plexiglass that will force the wind higher and over my head. The plan is to design and create a piece then, use a couple of clamps to hold it in place and go for a ride and make adjustments from time to time to find the optimum position for a permanent mounting. It would be curved with a little heat, about two inches high and the width of the windshield. At the right angle it should work like turkey feathers on a jet engine and propel the air up and over me.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

An MRA X-creen is just for the helmet buffeting. I have one on my V-Strom.
Grady wrote:I installed the Forza tall windshield. I am six feet tall. The wind no longer hits me in the chest at higher speeds, but I still get full blast wind into the helmet face. It's noisy in the helmet. I am thinking I might fabricate an addition made of plexiglass that will force the wind higher and over my head. The plan is to design and create a piece then, use a couple of clamps to hold it in place and go for a ride and make adjustments from time to time to find the optimum position for a permanent mounting. It would be curved with a little heat, about two inches high and the width of the windshield. At the right angle it should work like turkey feathers on a jet engine and propel the air up and over me.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:An MRA X-creen is just for the helmet buffeting. I have one on my V-Strom.
Grady wrote:I installed the Forza tall windshield. I am six feet tall. The wind no longer hits me in the chest at higher speeds, but I still get full blast wind into the helmet face. It's noisy in the helmet. I am thinking I might fabricate an addition made of plexiglass that will force the wind higher and over my head. The plan is to design and create a piece then, use a couple of clamps to hold it in place and go for a ride and make adjustments from time to time to find the optimum position for a permanent mounting. It would be curved with a little heat, about two inches high and the width of the windshield. At the right angle it should work like turkey feathers on a jet engine and propel the air up and over me.
Ah lovely. We all now need to comment on how much stuff you have and how attractive your girlfriend is
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Sorry son and daughter-in-law. Youme - you seem to have a complex.

SECoda/tbln930