Just had an accident

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

henrydjunaedi

Just had an accident

Post by henrydjunaedi »

I just hit a car. It was slippery, and a car was crossing the road slowly. It was not an intersection, so I wasn't aware. I realized that too late, I chose to brake hard and I fell, sled into the car.
No injury for me, but my PCX 125 is badly hurt. The front side hit the car, the body part above the speedometer broken into half. Most of the body parts in the side are scratched. Luckily, the headlight and the speedometer were ok. So, mostly body parts. And probably the front suspension triangle need to readjust.

Now, my question, if I want to replace with PCX 150 body parts, is it possible? They should be the same with PCX 125 right?
I'm considering to replace change color, hopefully will change my luck as well.

Safe ride everyone.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: Just had an accident

Post by Mgalutia88 »

There is no reason they shouldn't. :) let us know what color and post some carnage.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Almost all of the parts are interchangeable. I know that there are some that aren't but I think those are not the colored ones. In fact, I bought replacement parts on Bikebandit.com for a 125 that were red and fit my 150 perfectly, so if you want a red bike, got to Bikebandit.com and check out their parts for a 2011 PCX 125, which fit all of the PCX models except this new 2014 that I am hearing about but doesn't seem to be available in the USA yet.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I remember about 2 months ago a Harley rider(very nice guy) was giving me tips on riding. He said always drive like everyone is out to kill you. I do have lots of focus when driving. Saw him a week ago and he had a shattered leg and was in wheelchair. Ride careful out there
ImageImage
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by tomtic »

Hi Henry (?)
The main thing is that you are okay, even if the scoot isn't. Replacement panels will make the PCX as good as new, so don't worry.
I appreciate that at the moment your mind is on getting the bike fixed and back on the road, but have a think about whether there was anything you could have done to avoid the collision.
Is there anything you would have done differently?
I don't know how long you have been riding, or what training you have undergone, but perhaps we could all do with some refreshment of hazard avoidance. I know how easy it is to forget the things we have been taught to do, when you haven't practiced them in a while.
Sorry to bring this up when your thoughts are just about repairing the bike, but as you say, we all want to ride as safe as possible!
Good luck with the repairs - I'm sure the guys on here will be very supportive.
Tom.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow loge, the same guy? Sad. Gotta have eyes full circle! Too many damn cars on the road and the numbers grow each year. NY roads congested. Not happy, but it keeps me on alert mode, as it should be.
Sorry about your bike Henry, but happy to hear your good to go. If you know a good Honda mechanic have him check out your scoot. One never knows what got rattled "beyond" your visual inspection.
Most of the Tupperware is inter changeable. Are you going for one solid color? Have you thought about mixing two colors? Just throwing that out to ya ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Yep same guy. I pulled up to stop light where he was crossing the road. And around here the roads aren't too bad but too many other college students and soccer moms looking down at their phones. I had a lady cut into my lane yesterday and when I laid down the horn she asked me what did she do wrong. I said well you were cutting into my lane with no turn signal. 'Oh I'm sorry' 'oh you are sorry, that makes me feel much better that you almost seriously injured me and you are sorry'. I really wish people would drive more responsibly
ImageImage
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Glad you are ok henry! Look forward to your getting back on the road posts.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

logepoge1 wrote:I remember about 2 months ago a Harley rider(very nice guy) was giving me tips on riding. He said always drive like everyone is out to kill you. I do have lots of focus when driving. Saw him a week ago and he had a shattered leg and was in wheelchair. Ride careful out there

We'll his advice wasn't very useful was it?

Why are these tired old chestnuts always about Harley riders? Is it to give it some sort of credence?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

you you wrote:Why are these tired old chestnuts always about Harley riders? Is it to give it some sort of credence?
I translate this from British English to American as: "Why does everyone always talk bad about Harley riders?"

It's because they're typically arrogant and cocky, but have very little riding skill. I'm unsure if the concept of a midlife crisis is a US-only phenomenon, but it's when a man, in the middle of his life, suddenly feels the need to act young and reckless before he's too old to do so. Around here, this typically involves a Harley, a sport bike, or a convertible. Since so many midlife-crisis men buy Harleys and try to act like badasses on them, it's common to bash on them because that type of rider spends more time polishing than riding, will lie telling you he rides millions of miles a year, and is likely to end up dead in a ditch because a cosmetic half helmet plus no riding experience plus an aging body plus cocky plus terrible handling generally increases the probability of fatality.

I say typically (emboldened and underlined), because I have met tens, if not hundreds, of Harley riders that I genuinely enjoyed talking to and riding with. The overwhelming majority are complete morons though.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

maddiedog wrote:
you you wrote:Why are these tired old chestnuts always about Harley riders? Is it to give it some sort of credence?
I translate this from British English to American as: "Why does everyone always talk bad about Harley riders?"

It's because they're typically arrogant and cocky, but have very little riding skill. I'm unsure if the concept of a midlife crisis is a US-only phenomenon, but it's when a man, in the middle of his life, suddenly feels the need to act young and reckless before he's too old to do so. Around here, this typically involves a Harley, a sport bike, or a convertible. Since so many midlife-crisis men buy Harleys and try to act like badasses on them, it's common to bash on them because that type of rider spends more time polishing than riding, will lie telling you he rides millions of miles a year, and is likely to end up dead in a ditch because a cosmetic half helmet plus no riding experience plus an aging body plus cocky plus terrible handling generally increases the probability of fatality.

I say typically (emboldened and underlined), because I have met tens, if not hundreds, of Harley riders that I genuinely enjoyed talking to and riding with. The overwhelming majority are complete morons though.
And they all probably wear leather studded under ware
bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

Back in 1962 I was almost killed on a motorcycle. I was riding to fast, racing another bike. I won the race but paid for it. My golden rule on two wheels is never be in a hurry. Have you seen the Screaming Banshee horn. It's made for scooters and motorcycles. Very very loud. I plan on putting one on my PCX 150 when I get it. Good chance it would keep you out of an accident. Google Screaming Banshee horn to read about it. Thank goodness you weren't hurt badly. Learn from it my friend and ride safe. There are lots of very stupid drivers of cars and trucks.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

maddiedog wrote:

It's because they're typically arrogant and cocky, but have very little riding skill.
Exactly that. And the fact that he was a Harley rider you you.
ImageImage
cfrobw
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cfrobw »

Well, I have a doozie for you.

I was riding my Honda Elite 80 on April 16th 2005. I was going to a Zephyrs AAA baseball game sponsored by no less than my Health Insurance company. I was traveling the speed limit 35 mph on dual lane road with a median. As I was traveling, I noticed a plastic bag blowing around in the wind. It blew straight in front of me and got caught on my mirror and was fluttering in my face. With my left hand I reached over and cleared it from my vision and threw it behind me only to find a van in front of me had slowed down to make a right turn. I immediately pulled over on the side of the road and hi the breaks hard. My Elite 80 went into gravel and laid down and crushed the tibial plateau of my left knee. I was in the hospital with pins in my leg locking it all off in a straight position. I was in the hospital for a month, a rehab hospital for a month, a nursing home for 2 months. I got out and went home, was home for 2 weeks and Hurricane Katrina hit, then I was in a Motel 6 in Texas for a month with a walker. I had a collision with a plastic shopping bag. LOL
-Rob

Currently own: 2013 PCX 150
Previously owned: 1987 Honda Elite 80, 1993 Honda Elite 80, 2008 Honda Elite 80, 2010 Honda Elite 110
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

cfrobw,
sorry about the motel 6!!!!!!! ;)
Glad you are still here to ride.
Larry

cfrobw
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cfrobw »

Thanks Larry!

But its just a shopping bag started my bad luck that year, And I blame my health insurance company for giving me free tickets to a lunch and baseball game! LOL They sure paid through the nose on that one when it came to my medical bills!
-Rob

Currently own: 2013 PCX 150
Previously owned: 1987 Honda Elite 80, 1993 Honda Elite 80, 2008 Honda Elite 80, 2010 Honda Elite 110
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:

No it's the same over here.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Alibally wrote:
maddiedog wrote:

And they all probably wear leather studded under ware
Like GN2, except he wears his inside out
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Uh, and how did you become aware of this fact? :o
Larry