Re: fuel economy improvements

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

as someone who's had 3 PCX's (2 125's and a 150, one of the 125's was fitted with a J Coster variator)....

i would like to say...

understand that this is a small capacity single cylinder auto scooter.......a new variator, will give you a little improvement in acceleration / top speed - but its not going to be like swapping to a 250cc...

Even if you changed the variator, and put on a "performance" (FFS) exhaust / filter, i'd say the cost and the faffing around factor are hardly worth it....

Just enjoy your pcx for what it is...a cheap and cheerful little scooter.....
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

hatari wrote:as someone who's had 3 PCX's (2 125's and a 150, one of the 125's was fitted with a J Coster variator)....

i would like to say...

understand that this is a small capacity single cylinder auto scooter.......a new variator, will give you a little improvement in acceleration / top speed - but its not going to be like swapping to a 250cc...

Even if you changed the variator, and put on a "performance" (FFS) exhaust / filter, i'd say the cost and the faffing around factor are hardly worth it....

Just enjoy your pcx for what it is...a cheap and cheerful little scooter.....
I think everyone gets your point by the number of times you have posted this but if people want to spend cash tinkering with their bikes it's up to them. It's not hurting anyone and it gives them something to talk about. Where's the harm in that.

I spent a grand total of £13.50 on a set of sliders and it did improve the performance in my opinion. Next time I will give the money to the worlds starving instead if it makes the difference.

;)
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

Alibally wrote: I spent a grand total of £13.50 on a set of sliders and it did improve the performance in my opinion. Next time I will give the money to the worlds starving instead if it makes the difference.
;)
Rather put that money towards a more expensive scooter. :roll: