Latest PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

sleepnot

Latest PCX

Post by sleepnot »

Movie from Vietnam(?) motorcycles show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U16khpYHvIs

Look at that seat! No more hump :D
Just bring that baby to Europe 8)
sleepnot

Re: Latest PCX

Post by sleepnot »

st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

The official announcement from Honda Vietnam for PCX update....

http://www.honda.com.vn/vn/xe-may/san-pham/pcx/
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Very cool. :)
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Only got a brief glimpse of the instrument cluster. Was that a digital clock I saw?
st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

GeezyRider wrote:Only got a brief glimpse of the instrument cluster. Was that a digital clock I saw?
From the translation the new update include two mode of trip meter or average consumption of fuel. Other update include increase size of front drawer (now can accomodate 500ml bottle), no hump on seat, LED light (Front, Brake, Signal and DRL), Fuel tank capacity increase to 8 L, and new mode for built-in alarm. This update currently for 125cc version only.
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

st3v4nt wrote:
GeezyRider wrote:Only got a brief glimpse of the instrument cluster. Was that a digital clock I saw?
From the translation the new update include two mode of trip meter or average consumption of fuel. Other update include increase size of front drawer (now can accomodate 500ml bottle), no hump on seat, LED light (Front, Brake, Signal and DRL), Fuel tank capacity increase to 8 L, and new mode for built-in alarm. This update currently for 125cc version only.
Thanks for the translation! Any info on why the upgrades are limited to the 125cc only?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

8) that new headlight looks way better.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I was looking at the 'V' in the front left and right leg shields. Some pictures show the 'V' as completely closed and others show it as it is now, with a funnel effect which gives no leg protection. Which is it?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Chachacha...changes! Wow! Me likes it!! All info welcomed :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/01/14/m ... nges-2014/
Honda Europe has announced big changes for the upcoming 2014 PCX125 and PCX150 line of scooters, to be available in the spring. As one of Europe’s top-selling scooters, Honda listened to customer feedback when updating the PCX line.

Both PCX’s receive full LED lighting, reducing drain on the engine, as well as a switch for hazard lights. A clock function has been added to the dash, and more importantly, a 12v AC adaptor to the fairing compartment to power items like cell phones or GPS devices.

Low rolling resistance tires and further improvements to reduce friction within the engine help improve fuel economy. Fuel capacity has also been increased to 2.1 gallons (from 1.6 gallons) to help achieve even greater range. Honda claims over 217 miles for the 150, 233 miles for the 125.

The selectable Idling Stop function automatically stops the engine running after three seconds at idle and re-starts it instantly the throttle grip is twisted. Updated for 2014, Idling Stop now has functionality to ‘read’ the battery charge and turns itself off to avoid excessive drain. The battery itself is also a larger, long-life unit, from YTZ7S to YTZ8V.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sendler2112 wrote:http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/01/14/m ... nges-2014/
Honda Europe has announced big changes for the upcoming 2014 PCX125 and PCX150 line of scooters, to be available in the spring. As one of Europe’s top-selling scooters, Honda listened to customer feedback when updating the PCX line.

Both PCX’s receive full LED lighting, reducing drain on the engine, as well as a switch for hazard lights. A clock function has been added to the dash, and more importantly, a 12v AC adaptor to the fairing compartment to power items like cell phones or GPS devices.

Low rolling resistance tires and further improvements to reduce friction within the engine help improve fuel economy. Fuel capacity has also been increased to 2.1 gallons (from 1.6 gallons) to help achieve even greater range. Honda claims over 217 miles for the 150, 233 miles for the 125.

The selectable Idling Stop function automatically stops the engine running after three seconds at idle and re-starts it instantly the throttle grip is twisted. Updated for 2014, Idling Stop now has functionality to ‘read’ the battery charge and turns itself off to avoid excessive drain. The battery itself is also a larger, long-life unit, from YTZ7S to YTZ8V.
2 gallon tank is useful. Hope it's retrofittable

It all sounds better than a Forza
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

It is good that Honda is listening to customers. Maybe they will eventually find a way to lengthen the service intervals.
gohjohan

Post by gohjohan »

Reading this is making me regret getting my PCX too early. Then again, it's better than too late since my previous bike was giving problems after problems.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Wonder if the stock shocks have improved.
andy

Post by andy »

looks great
shame the glove box still can't be locked but other than that fab
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Re: 'A clock function has been added to the dash, and more importantly, a 12v AC adaptor to the fairing compartment to power items like cell phones or GPS devices' < is this right - AC not DC?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote: It all sounds better than a Forza
In the same way that grapes are better than plums.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Although I've still got a test ride booked on several of the current scooters, and was veering towards the SHi 125 (although I do not like the new 2013 style instrument cluster (the old one looked better to me) and it does not seem to include the small dark windshield anymore), having seen photos and a brief description of the new style PCX 125 I'll probably hold off till that comes out - March-May time if it is a spring release. Some really nice changes for probably a slight increase in price.
st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

andy wrote:looks great
shame the glove box still can't be locked but other than that fab
Judging from the video, I am worried that the new glove box is much more fragile than the old one
since the new glove box adopting clip on mechanism like you find on car glove box.
It looks like it may open by it self if you hit speed bump on road.